Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS SPORTS: Beastly East proving to be more than class of the NFC

doncherry

Didn't Eli Manning choke against Carolina Panthers in 2005?
Yes.
Against the Eagles in 2006?
He scored the game-tying TD late in the 4th and never saw the ball again. How is that a choke?
I guess anyone but Eli chokes in the playoffs...
Eli is clutch.
Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring... Big deal...
Actually winning a Superbowl is a big deal.
Eli Manning is a Trent Dilfer... Nothing more...
Can you provide any actual facts to back up this conclusion?

;5569244']Eli had a horrific game against Carolina but so did the whole offense. And that was his first year as a starter.

Against the Eagles' date=' he had a pretty decent game.

His numbers were 16/27 161 2 1

He has been improving year by year. And let's not compare him to Trent Dilfer any longer. Dilfer was not asked to win the Super Bowl for his team. Eli was and he did.[/quote']

LMAO! You're kidding yourself if you think Eli was asked to win the Superbowl... Eli was along for the ride like Trent Dilfer... Plain and simple...

It wouldn't have made a difference who the QB for the Giants was, they were going to win the Superbowl with that DLine...

Eli was just a minor part of the win... Like Trent Dilfer...

LMAO! You're kidding yourself if you think Eli was asked to win the Superbowl... Eli was along for the ride like Trent Dilfer... Plain and simple...

It wouldn't have made a difference who the QB for the Giants was, they were going to win the Superbowl with that DLine...

Eli was just a minor part of the win... Like Trent Dilfer...

Did the DLine drive the Giants down the field for the game winning TD against the Pats?

;5569277']Did the DLine drive the Giants down the field for the game winning TD against the Pats?

The Defensive Line held the highest scoring offense EVER IN THE NFL to just 14 points...

It's sad that Giants fan now are degrading the epic effort of the DLine just to defend Eli Manning...

If it wasn't for the DLine, there would be no comeback...

The Defensive Line held the highest scoring offense EVER IN THE NFL to just 14 points...

It's sad that Giants fan now are degrading the epic effort of the DLine just to defend Eli Manning...

If it wasn't for the DLine, there would be no comeback...

Give me a break. I think I'm aware of what the defense did to Brady and that offense. I'm also aware of what Eli did on the final drive against what was a pretty good defense led by a person labeled a defensive genious in Belichick.

;5569298']Give me a break. I think I'm aware of what the defense did to Brady and that offense. I'm also aware of what Eli did on the final drive against what was a pretty good defense led by a person labeled a defensive genious in Belichick.

Please...

The Giants didn't beat the Patriots...

It took the Giants a miracle, once in a life-time play...

It took Merriweather's and Samuels' dropped interception to actually have a chance...

So yeah, Eli and the Giants got lucky on that last drive...

Please...

The Giants didn't beat the Patriots...

It took the Giants a miracle, once in a life-time play...

It took Merriweather's and Samuels' dropped interception to actually have a chance...

So yeah, Eli and the Giants got lucky on that last drive...

Miracle or not, the Giants beat the Patriots. You said it yourself that they beat the Pats because of the DLine. You can't have it both ways.

;5569333']Miracle or not' date=' the Giants beat the Patriots. You said it yourself that they beat the Pats because of the DLine. You can't have it both ways.[/quote']

You know exactly what I am referring to...

Without luck, Giants don't win that game...

But of course, if they had a legit QB, they kill the Patriots...

Wow, so after this week it will look like this:

Giants - 3-0

Skins - 3-1

Eagles - 3-1

Cowboys - 3-1

No Dallas fan would, or should admit this, but the best thing to happen for the NFC East overall in Week 4 is for the Skins to beat the Cowboys. Outside of Extremeskins.com the Skins are clearly viewed as the bottom team in the division with the Cowboys on top. Flip an already strong division on it's head and the media would be clamoring all season about the strength of the NFC East overall. Just like the glory days of our division in the 80s.

No Dallas fan would, or should admit this, but the best thing to happen for the NFC East overall in Week 4 is for the Skins to beat the Cowboys. Outside of Extremeskins.com the Skins are clearly viewed as the bottom team in the division with the Cowboys on top. Flip an already strong division on it's head and the media would be clamoring all season about the strength of the NFC East overall. Just like the glory days of our division in the 80s.

I will gladly take a Redskins win over the Cowboys. I can only imagine the egos of Cowboy fans if they go to 4-0. :doh:

;5575033']I will gladly take a Redskins win over the Cowboys. I can only imagine the egos of Cowboy fans if they go to 4-0. :doh:

When the Eagles play the Cowboys-Giants fans in Philly root for Dallas, while Giants fans in Dallas root for Philly. Skins fans will root for Philly, but very quietly.

When the Giants play the Cowboys-it's about 1/2 Eagles fans rooting for the Giants, while the other 1/2 root for the Cowboys. Skins fans will gladly root for the Giants.

When the Skins play the Cowboys-pretty much all Eagles and Giants fans root for the Skins.

So the NFC East is now a combined 10-2, with the only losses being games inside the division.

And both of the losses came on the road.

Pt being that all of these NFCE teams KNOW they need to PROTECT their own territory. Our Mon Night game against the Eagles...that had to be THE LOUDEST crowd noise from TX Stadium I EVER heard.

Yep-we better win this weekend, b/c playing at FedEx in mid-Nov definitely won't be any fun.:2cents:

You know what's funny? When the NFC East is the prominent division again, guess who is also excelling out in the AFC?

The 4-0 Buffalo Bills.

I didnt even think of that; thats hysterical!!

I wonder if they have thought about it. It will be a long season if they play a Beast team again...

Archived