Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBS SPORTS: Beastly East proving to be more than class of the NFC

doncherry

No one is denying that Eli Manning performed well in last years play-offs...

But to people who claim that Eli Manning was a big part or the sole reason for their success is plain out ignorant...

you just contradicted yourself. He did perform wellin last years playoffs and that was a big reason for the Giants' success last year. You can say that you don't think he can repeat his success, but to say that he wasn't a big reason why they won last year - I just don't buy it.

you just contradicted yourself. He did perform wellin last years playoffs and that was a big reason for the Giants' success last year. You can say that you don't think he can repeat his success, but to say that he wasn't a big reason why they won last year - I just don't buy it.

Well, if you look at it that way, then it shows how awful Eli Manning is and how excellent the New York Giants are as a team (minus Eli Manning).

For how many teams can you say that "QB playing well (ala Trent Dilfer) is enough for success...

Not many...

Unfortunately, playing 'well' for Eli Manning is reaching his ceiling... So I highly doubt we'll see that kind of performance from him ever again...

I am glad the Giants didn't draft Roethlisberger. If they had, the Giants would be lock for play-offs every single year and may have won a couple easily...

No its not a serious post, and to make it clear, Little Kitten is a troll that has been banned multiple times on BigBlueInteractive.com where strangely he posted under the guise of a Giants fan. Still has no life it appears.

thanks, that and the evidence i just read over in this thread is enough for me to put him on ignore....appreciate it!

EDIT: Someone help me...since the site changed, i cannot find the ignore feature...I am sure its in front of my face, however i can not locate it...help please....

thanks, that and the evidence i just read over in this thread is enough for me to put him on ignore....appreciate it!

EDIT: Someone help me...since the site changed, i cannot find the ignore feature...I am sure its in front of my face, however i can not locate it...help please....

"Edit Ignore List" on the left side under "Settings and Options"

This quote almost gave me wood:

The NFC East is 6-2, and that's only because Washington lost to the Giants and Philadelphia lost to Dallas. Now look what happens when you go outside the division: Philadelphia clobbers St. Louis; the Giants torch the Rams; Dallas toys with Cleveland and Washington rallies to overcome New Orleans.

:applause:

Little Kitten, go somewhere else. Are you really a Skins fan?

First off, as a DIE HARD fan, I can admit we are not in any race for this division. Can we be by seasons end? Sure, but we have a lot to prove.

The other teams just have to not beat them selves.

Also, I don't care if Eli is good or not, but with that o-line, running game, and defense, Eli just needs to manage the game and make a couple of key throws. Just like the playoffs. He doesn't need to be a god for them to be great, cause they showed last year how to be great.

Again, if you hate Eli, hate him. But don't act like he alone will make them an 8-8 team. Because right now, you sound ignorant.

Haven't played "very tough competition?" You must be devastated by getting held to 16 points by a "soft" opponent. Get real - Skins defense is still strong. Our offense definitely struggled against you, but our defense laid the smack down. :silly:

Actually, I was referring to their first six games as a whole. And to be honest, the Redskins offense was doing nothing. Their defense played very well but the offense was not that good. It didn't prepare the Giants defense for what they will see when they play the Eagles and Cowboys. That was more my point.

And Little Kitten, you don't belong on a football message board because you obviously know nothing about it.

Little Kitten, go somewhere else. Are you really a Skins fan?

First off, as a DIE HARD fan, I can admit we are not in any race for this division. Can we be by seasons end? Sure, but we have a lot to prove.

The other teams just have to not beat them selves.

Also, I don't care if Eli is good or not, but with that o-line, running game, and defense, Eli just needs to manage the game and make a couple of key throws. Just like the playoffs. He doesn't need to be a god for them to be great, cause they showed last year how to be great.

Again, if you hate Eli, hate him. But don't act like he alone will make them an 8-8 team. Because right now, you sound ignorant.

You're not a die-hard fan if you believe the Redskins are not in the divisional race... or you're just very pessimistic...

I've been saying that forever, Eli Manning is the Trent Dilfer of the New York Giants. Thanks for agreeing with me...

Trent Dilfer won a superbowl by being an average QB... So yes, your statement is obvious...

If you've watched enough games of Eli Manning, you'd know, he's the weakest link on that team...

I am going to stick to that stance unless he proves to me otherwise...

;5557271']Actually' date=' I was referring to their first six games as a whole. And to be honest, the Redskins offense was doing nothing. Their defense played very well but the offense was not that good. It didn't prepare the Giants defense for what they will see when they play the Eagles and Cowboys. That was more my point.

And Little Kitten, you don't belong on a football message board because you obviously know nothing about it.[/quote']

Of course the Redskins offense was doing nothing...

Let's see...

First game of regular season... New offensive system... Hmmm, seems to me they have a valid reason to be disorganized and sloppy...

What is Eli Manning reason for being inconsistent in that game? Or the Giants offense as a whole?

I am sure the Eli Manning lovers will blame his failures on the OC, Coughlin, WRs, OL...

If Redskins secondary didn't have stone hands, Eli would be bashed for becoming his true self...

Of course the Redskins offense was doing nothing...

Let's see...

First game of regular season... New offensive system... Hmmm, seems to me they have a valid reason to be disorganized and sloppy...

What is Eli Manning reason for being inconsistent in that game? Or the Giants offense as a whole?

I am sure the Eli Manning lovers will blame his failures on the OC, Coughlin, WRs, OL...

If Redskins secondary didn't have stone hands, Eli would be bashed for becoming his true self...

You keep telling yourself Eli is an awful QB. He just won a Super Bowl and is going for his fourth straight playoff season. I know he isn't solely responsible but this is a team game. Any QB who can take his team to the playoffs his first three full seasons as a starter is ok with me. I won't even mention again what happened this past February.

;5561988']You keep telling yourself Eli is an awful QB. He just won a Super Bowl and is going for his fourth straight playoff season. I know he isn't solely responsible but this is a team game. Any QB who can take his team to the playoffs his first three full seasons as a starter is ok with me. I won't even mention again what happened this past February.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

Even Ryan Leaf can suit up today and beat the Rams and the Bengals...

Say thanks to the commish for giving you such an easy schedule...

Trent Dilfer also won a superbowl... No one cares, why? Because he was average, just along for the ride... Same as Eli Manning...

So now Eli Manning took you team to the playoffs? LMAO!

Last I checked, Eli Manning was being labelled as a bust during the regular season... As a matter of fact the NY media was correct... Eli kept that team from becoming Elite...

You don't need to mention anything...

You defensive line stepped up, your team got lucky, and Eli Manning was along for the ride, just like Trent Dilfer...

If the Giants had a legit QB during the Superbowl, the Giants win at least 35-14...

Besides, it took the Giants one of the luckiest play in the NFL to actually beat the Patriots...

Giants aren't making it to the playoffs this year... You can thank Eli Manning for that... He's choke, and revert to his old self...

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

Even Ryan Leaf can suit up today and beat the Rams and the Bengals...

Say thanks to the commish for giving you such an easy schedule...

Trent Dilfer also won a superbowl... No one cares, why? Because he was average, just along for the ride... Same as Eli Manning...

So now Eli Manning took you team to the playoffs? LMAO!

Last I checked, Eli Manning was being labelled as a bust during the regular season... As a matter of fact the NY media was correct... Eli kept that team from becoming Elite...

You don't need to mention anything...

You defensive line stepped up, your team got lucky, and Eli Manning was along for the ride, just like Trent Dilfer...

If the Giants had a legit QB during the Superbowl, the Giants win at least 35-14...

Besides, it took the Giants one of the luckiest play in the NFL to actually beat the Patriots...

Giants aren't making it to the playoffs this year... You can thank Eli Manning for that... He's choke, and revert to his old self...

i have never heard Eli Manning referred to as a bust....you are reaching. He's got a ring, he's delivered. It's fair to say that Romo sits to pee and Dallas choked last year, it's fair to say that McNabb has choked, but I don't ever recall a choke job by Manning - what are you talking about?

i have never heard Eli Manning referred to as a bust....you are reaching. He's got a ring, he's delivered. It's fair to say that Romo sits to pee and Dallas choked last year, it's fair to say that McNabb has choked, but I don't ever recall a choke job by Manning - what are you talking about?

Didn't Eli Manning choke against Carolina Panthers in 2005? Against the Eagles in 2006?

I guess anyone but Eli chokes in the playoffs...

Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring... Big deal...

Eli Manning is a Trent Dilfer... Nothing more...

Didn't Eli Manning choke against Carolina Panthers in 2005? Against the Eagles in 2006?

I guess anyone but Eli chokes in the playoffs...

Trent Dilfer has a superbowl ring... Big deal...

Eli Manning is a Trent Dilfer... Nothing more...

Eli had a horrific game against Carolina but so did the whole offense. And that was his first year as a starter.

Against the Eagles, he had a pretty decent game.

His numbers were 16/27 161 2 1

He has been improving year by year. And let's not compare him to Trent Dilfer any longer. Dilfer was not asked to win the Super Bowl for his team. Eli was and he did.

Archived