Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McCain: Palin Has National Security Experience Because She Knows About ‘Energy’

Cooked Crack

I know right? It's not like he's ever dealt with any serious foreign policy issues......Oh wait

Serious question...did that bill accomplish anything? Other than being passed?

And not MJ, but those that insist on talking about Palin being in an organization that advocated Alaska leaving the Union...please learn what that word is. Look it up. I'll give you a hint...it is NOT "succeed"

She ran for Governer ... Google is your friend

Look it up.

Well, when she ran for governor two years ago she was for the bridge to nowhere.... if I google that now, I'd have to sift through 11 pages of liberal bloggers pointing that out to get another stance.

But, I'm willing to allow her to change her position on issues, to take new stances. I honestly just haven't heard a stance she has on a single issue:

Health care

Education

War in Iraq

Iran

Russia

Economy

Even energy... I've been told she's an "expert," and I have no idea how she qualifies as one, but I don't even know what her stances are on that. I know she's for drilling in ANWAR, I guess that's at least a partial stance. Does she have stances on the rest of energy: wind, coal, nuclear, etc.?

I think it is telling that even semi-reasonable "defenders of Palin" are remaining quiet on this one.

Do you consider the issue of energy to be an issue of national security?

Maybe the discussion would see a little more involvement if a) half the board wasn't on a self imposed politics break... and B) the discussion was which ticket had more national security experience.

I did.

So she is for earmarks, For the bridge to no where, and doesnt have any foreign policy views.

At least that is what she ran on in 2006.

I went ahead and tried, even though I knew what it would yield. However, I did find a stance: Abstinence only education... whooooooooo! Now, that is something that has MEANING in the 2008 election.

She has more national security experience than Obama, who happens to be at the TOP of the Democratic ticket.

You got your irronous sound bites mixed up. Obama is the chairman of the senate foreign relations subcommitee on Europe. He's on the senate foreign relations comitee. and he's got an Ivy league degree in Political Science with a concentration in nuclear arms proliferation from Columbia.

Oh yeah. He pumps his own gas too.

Obama spanks Palin on foreign policy experience. You were thinking of "executive experience", not foreign policy experience. Pallin is the only person on either ticket with executive experience. Mayor of a small town for 8 years and governor of Alaska for 18 months.

She actually has more experience than he does in general. I mean, what has Obama really done other than give a few half decent prepared speeches?

Hardly. they have the same numbers of years in elected office. But it's hard to compare who has the best experience. Pallin until just recently, 18 months had done all her work in a town of 6,000 people.

Ivy league under grad on an achedemic scholarship in political science at Columbia. Built a political machine from the ground up in Chicogo. Harvard Law school with honors. President of the Harvard Law Review. 8 years in the state senate. Authored hundreds of bills in that State Senate. 4 years as a United States Senator. Serves on foreign relations comitee, and chairs European foreign relations subcomitee. Ran one of the most sucessful campagnes in the history of the country both financially and politically. Total years elected service 12.

Compared with Palin. Journalism major at Idoho State. Worked for a commercial fishery company, sports caster, and owned a snowmobile business. Two terms on City Council. Two terms Mayor. 18 months Governor of Alaska. Total years elected service 12.

Maybe the discussion would see a little more involvement if a) half the board wasn't on a self imposed politics break... and B) the discussion was which ticket had more national security experience.

Are you claiming that McCain/Palin has more national security experience than Obama/Biden? Frankly, the latter ticket does have SOME foreign policy experience at both levels.

She has more national security experience than Obama, who happens to be at the TOP of the Democratic ticket. She actually has more experience than he does in general. I mean, what has Obama really done other than give a few half decent prepared speeches?

What has Palin done besides give a half decent prepared speech at the RNC?

Seriously, I want people to tell me one good accomplishment she has achieved.

the cognitive dissonance some people show amazes me, by the way I supported McCain until he chose her and everything that came out of his mouth insulted my intelligence.

Shouldn't you be concerned about someone that is on the TOP of the presidential ticket that not only has ZERO national security experience, but hardly any experience at all, at any level. What has Obama actually governed? Nothing. At least Palin is in charge of her state's National Guard.

I'm calling you out.

I want to see you post in Burgold's thread about you support him. I have seen post after post and all you do is bash Obama. You never seem to bring up why you like McCain. Are you just voting him because you hate Obama? I mean, thats fine if you are. Many people are.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=258440

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_security

Elements on national security

National security is is an undertaking lower in complexity only to the international security. It directly or indirectly encompass much of the national public administration. At its basic, national security can be divided into internal national security and external national security.

Internal national security is concerned with ensuring state legal codes are not transgressed, and prevention of attacks on public infrastructures and their personnel by implementing civil defense and emergency preparedness measures (including anti-terrorism legislation), and ensuring the resilience and redundancy of critical infrastructure. This also includes using counterintelligence services or secret services to protect the nation from internal threats sponsored from the outside. The executive authority for internal national security is the expression of political power, preferably through democratic process of selecting national leaders. Internal national security is also the management of national finances free from economic problems that can lead to large scale public dissatisfaction with the government, and public disorder through protests.

External national security is generally the scope more often associated with national security in democratic states. It encompasses national border security as a means of immigration control, national environment security where the environmental threat originates from sources external to national territory, territorial waters and airspace, and assurance of international trade safety through the state borders. Further removed from the national borders are the external security concerns derived from measures taken by other states or non-state groups to directly or indirectly, through use of economic instruments, interrupt, damage or attack economic systems that would adversely influence national quality of life, resulting in an Economic warfare. If an economic conflict can not be resolved through diplomacy to rally allies and isolate threats, it generally escalates into a larger and more acute military conflict that necessitates maintaining effective national armed forces. It is usual that armed conflicts threaten territorial integrity of states, and require development of a military doctrine as part of the national defence policy that guides armed forces posture, and the concepts, methods and technologies that are to be use in securing the preventing loss of this integrity.

External national security generally requires using intelligence services to detect and defeat or avoid threats and espionage, and to protect classified information.

You have a "novice" Senator Vs. a "novice" Governor

One is heading presidential ticket, the other is running as a VP.

And their is an argument? Call it a wash......

I don't even call it a wash. Come 1/20/09, it's going to be either Obama or McCain in the oval office, not Biden or Palin.

What has Palin done besides give a half decent prepared speech at the RNC?

Seriously I want people to tell me one good accomplishment she has achieved.

the cognitive dissonance some people show amazes me, by the way I supported McCain until he chose her.

Heck, give me one thing that she WANTS to accomplish. I have no idea where she stands on any issues other than abortion, abstinence education, and ANWAR, which is PART of an issue.

"But listening to him speak, it’s easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform — not even in the state Senate." - Palin

Game Over

Palin did say that. Which was wrong. McCain's now claiming Obama authored a law to teach kindengardeners about sex before they could read..... how does that gib with "not a single law or reform".

In reality Obama's name is on Hundreds of laws in the Illinois state senate. Some he co-authored, many he authored. That was his big strategy for moving up to the Senate and get known in Illinois, to be prolific in passing legislation. Obama has also authored some important legislation in the US Senate. Two spring to mind. He authored a bill geared to keeping ageing soviet nuclear material out of the hand of terrorists. He authored the new ethic rules for the senate which took effect when the Democrats took over that chamber.

Basically most of the jusy sound bites comeing out of the GOP are lies. It's the way Carl Rove wins elections.

Shouldn't you be concerned about someone that is on the TOP of the presidential ticket that not only has ZERO national security experience, but hardly any experience at all, at any level. What has Obama actually governed? Nothing. At least Palin is in charge of her state's National Guard.

Well -As others have pointed out, I think he has more National Security experience that our last last 2 presidents.

However -I am more interested in your claim. You SAID "She has more national security that Obama has..."

Can you now let me know what that is?

Palin did say that. Which was wrong. McCain's now claiming Obama authored a law to teach kindengardeners about sex before they could read..... how does that gib with "not a single law or reform".

In reality Obama's name is on Hundreds of laws in the Illinois state senate. Some he co-authored, many he authored. That was his big strategy for moving up to the Senate and get known in Illinois, to be prolific in passing legislation. Obama has also authored some important legislation in the US Senate. Two spring to mind. He authored a bill geared to keeping ageing soviet nuclear material out of the hand of terrorists. He authored the new ethic rules for the senate which took effect when the Democrats took over that chamber.

Basically most of the jusy sound bites comeing out of the GOP are lies. It's the way Carl Rove wins elections.

I am also a big fan of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Funding_Accountability_and_Transparency_Act_of_2006

Archived