Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calling out all the Carlos "No D" Rogers Fans

jrfriedm

Actually I think that was Fred Smoot getting beaten on a majority of Plaxico's catches. Smoot was the one playing him soft after the first quarter because Plaxico was just muscling him off the ball. The only complaint I have about Rogers last night was that he dropped like two interceptions. His coverage skills are fine, if he had the hands to make those ints, he's a probowl corner. Plus, he had a couple nice tackles against the outside run. You are just making statements without proof.

You are right! I saw the same thing. It was mostly Smoot covering Plax, and then getting beat. We should have changed the scheme or something and forced Eli to throw to someone else. Los dropped two in his hands, one of which would have gone for six. Get that boy some stickem, but it's amazing that he's out there this early after that nasty knee injury...:2cents:

wow calling him an idiot lol.

First of all Thorpe Award LAWL...best corner in his senior season on paper. He was scouted as the 3rd of 4th best in that draft. Hence the reason PacMan and Rolle were selected before him. We had needs at corner because Smoot went to Minn AND at LB that year because Pierce went to Giant.

Now... We couldve addressed CB later because the top teir ones were taken. Instead we selected Carlos......... too high. We couldve had Merriman or Ware( Who were to top LB in the draft taken after Carlos).

Then we trade away round 2-3 to Denver for JC, and we finally address LB in the 6th round (later cut). Another great FO blunder.

Wow a 40yr old typing LAWL. Rolle and Pacman havent panned out so nice either. We needed a corner BADLY, and drafted the one who was considered the best. He has certainly panned out better than Rolle, and Pacman.

Would I rather have Merriman or Ware? Hell yes I would....but who knew they would pan out? The draft is a mystery.....

Come on guys give him a few more years to develop. Ive seen alot of people use this excuse for him and JC's sorry ass. I wouldnt expect them to start playing like first round picks until they have been in the league for about 10 years. Butters is getting paid good money to play like Kenny Wright.

I seriously start to question whether some of our posters even watched the game. Rogers played well. He got beat badly on the pump fake early by Eli, but after that did he give up anything significant? Maybe a couple of catches to Plaxico, who might be the best WR in the NFL not named Moss or Owens, but he certainly did not play bad. Yeah he dropped a couple of INTs, but all that means is he made a couple of nice plays on the ball. Dropping INTs doesn't make you a bad CB, it makes you a good CB with bad hands. ;)

Now Fred Smoot on the other hand got eaten up...

Maybe you didn't watch Plaxico go off for 150 yards on 11 catches versus an All-Pro cornerback (All Harris) in the NFC title game last year??? Plax is a great player when he focuses and very few corners in this league can stop him. And wasn't Smoot guarding Plax on a lot of his catches?

All Harris? Never heard of the guy.

:stupid:

Is Plax a great WR yes, but even an average CB can break up a play or two against a guy who is still nursing a sprained ankle.

Rogers play great after that knee injury its good to see him out there. The defense dropped like 3 INTs and Doughty had a free shot on eli and couldnt sack him doughty sucks

Unlike the Skins qb, Eli can actually let the ball go. If it was Doughty vs Campbell, Campbell would have been flat on his ass.

I still have some faith in the guy. It's gotta be hard covering one of the best and most physical WR's in the game also, especially after coming off reconstructive surgery on his knee. No excuse for the first Plex reception where he was simply beaten and did not pursue though. I did think he was in decent position other times and it was a matter of simply Eli and Plex making key plays.

It also doesn't help obviously having a DL that is simply inferior to that of the Giant's offensive line.

I think some bugs will be ironed out and hopefully Springs and Moore will play next week. I think Blache made some decent adjustments in the second half and will find a rotation of players on the DL that can be effective - we're in trouble if they don't without a doubt I think with the Saint's.

Couldn't agree more. Like I said, Los is not a #1 corner, but he was in possition to make some plays, but Eli and Plax just had better position. Eli and Plax have been together for a while, so they know exactly where the balls going. What about Smoot getting embarrassed by Sinorice Moss? I dont hear anyone bashing Smoot. Moss is their #5 receiver. I like Smoot, but he was tortured by Plax, and that what happens when he is covering a great receiver that he wasnt supposed to be covering (if Springs was healthy). I think we will be ok - I think Blatche made adjustments at halftime and the defense is wahat kept this game close. It must be very tiresome to play the entire first half without getting any kind of break b/c of your terrible offense.

There is some merit to this.

BUT as a group the secondary had five balls that hit them in the hands, all very catchable, and in truth, all really should have been caught. They got one.

20% is not a good enough number to simply rely on this CBs and WRs analogy.

We still have two secondary coaches, and it seems to me that ever since they came along, all of our DBs drop balls.

Rogers has had butterfingers since he came in, Smoot drops them all the time, Landry booted one last night with some daylight in front of him and a running start. Even Taylor dropped them,, the Packers game last year for example.

Last night, if Smoot catches the one that hits him in both hands on the goal line, the Giants are denied a FG.

Assuming the rest of the game goes in the same course, Thrash has an opportunity to win the game with 40 seconds left, and drops a ball that hits him right in the hands at the pylon. There's the ballgame.

We can lay blame all around the team, and rightfully so. But the fact is we had chances to flat out STEAL a game we didn't deserve. And the most glaring example of this (besides Thrash's drop) is the DBs allowing FOUR golden chances to literally slip through their fingers.

~Bang

CHHHURRRCHHHHH.............:cheers:

Unlike the Skins qb, Eli can actually let the ball go. If it was Doughty vs Campbell, Campbell would have been flat on his ass.
Doughty had eli wrapped up and couldnt bring him down. the next play is when eli ran in for the score, that sack would have been awesome he had a free run on a SS blitz but reed was a dollar short :doh:

You mean the guy who recovered from an ACL injury in a remarkable fast time? The same guy, who was healthier than our other guys despite said injury?

Rogers played poorly, but I'm more concerned about our DBs inability to catch anything, than with Rogers poor play. I'm more in awe that he was the one out there, as compared to Springs and Smoot.

O ya i forgot, carlos sucks unless he gets an interception and the opposing offense gains no passing yards...Plax wouldn't be considered one of the best WR's if he never performed during games....carlos is a pretty good corner and I feel bad he has to deal with fans who dont understand the game and call him out with nothing to back up their claims

Wow a 40yr old typing LAWL. Rolle and Pacman havent panned out so nice either. We needed a corner BADLY, and drafted the one who was considered the best. He has certainly panned out better than Rolle, and Pacman.

Would I rather have Merriman or Ware? Hell yes I would....but who knew they would pan out? The draft is a mystery.....

Would you rather have roflcopter :D .

We screamed about that pic in 05 because you dont use a top 10 pick on the 3rd or 4th best CB. Then later in the draft we traded future prospects away for JC (not looking good at this point). F.O. FTL !!!

O ya i forgot, carlos sucks unless he gets an interception and the opposing offense gains no passing yards...Plax wouldn't be considered one of the best WR's if he never performed during games....carlos is a pretty good corner and I feel bad he has to deal with fans who dont understand the game and call him out with nothing to back up their claims

Exactly....like stated by some I'm more embarrassed of our fans then anything. You people need to stop commenting cause you don't have a clue about the game of football. Coming off a knee injury I thought LOS played very well last night. He got faked out on a double pump from Manning, BIG DEAL. If it wasn't a double pump that was pick 6 for Rogers. He hasn't participated in anything in the off season and played a few snaps in pre. If we won last night, none of you haters would of said a WORD about Rogers.

You guys are killing me lmfao, Your talk like Placs is Desmond howard. He is thw same WR who Abused Charles Woodson And al harris on one leg in the playoff:2cents:

No doubt. Hell Plax cuaght that one ball after it was broken up. he had a very strong night. I do wish Rogers had made those picks (mostly to shut up the bashers), but he was in position to make those picks. Other than biting on the double move, he had very good coverage. I remember being pissed when we gave up the first down on 3rd and 8ish. But after seeing the replay, Rogers was right on Plax's hip and the only way the ball got completed was because Eli and Plax showed great chemistry. Eli fired the ball even before Plax turned around. It literally hit his hands just as he turned towards the LOS. Carlos was literally in step with Plax, but there is no way to react that quickly. Have to give them credit on that one.

Archived