Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley big part of problem last night.

skinsfan66

Everybody is blamming o-line, Portis , Jason and Zorn for offense problems. Cooley got beat the whole game and anybody that lined upaginst him made big plays. He blocked nobody and had 1 catch for 7 yards. Put up or shut up.

I second that notion. Everyone would just rush past the guy. He did great things last year but that was last year. This is this year. I mean maybe he just needs to go out for passes and not block at all. He can prob take some pointers from Portis on that (leveling big arse linemen,,lol) ..

Urging you to step away from the ledge, here's what I saw:

He was beaten a couple of times when

a) he was lined up one-on-one against bigger players

B) who shot inside of him

c) on plays where our point of attack was the center of the line.

So once the defender got inside of his left shoulder and there was no help there from an offensive lineman, there was a clear path to the ball. Who called that blocking scheme and/or who was supposed to pick up inside the tight end?

Cooley can't throw the ball to himself, although we might have been better off if he had tried to. JC seemed had blinders on last night and probably never saw him. It's amazing that he never got picked off.

Team effort (sort of)....Team loss. There are many things I'm worried about with this team right now...Cooley's not one of them.

Cooley's not even a great receiving TE. He's not fast, not elusive with the ball, doesn't have the bruising ball carrier mentality. He doesn't catch everything his way but he does have pretty good hands.

IMO, he's a fan favorite (he's also one of my favorite players) because of his personality, his off-field show (like his blogging), and he was a primary target for the last few years. Though, the last reason is more so because our quarterbacks are only comfortable throwing 5 yards deep to a TE or RB. The first preseason, I got a taste of what it's like to utilize the WIDE receivers. Since then, it's reverted back to the dump offs to the RBs and TEs.

Cooley's not even a great receiving TE. He's not fast, not elusive with the ball, doesn't have the bruising ball carrier mentality. He doesn't catch everything his way but he does have pretty good hands.

IMO, he's a fan favorite (he's also one of my favorite players) because of his personality, his off-field show (like his blogging), and he was a primary target for the last few years. Though, the last reason is more so because our quarterbacks are only comfortable throwing 5 yards deep to a TE or RB. The first preseason, I got a taste of what it's like to utilize the WIDE receivers. Since then, it's reverted back to the dump offs to the RBs and TEs.

I can guarantee you there 20 other teams that would LOVE to have Chris Cooley on there football team. The guy has made the Pro Bowl a couple of times in his short career. You act like he's some schlub. What the hell is wrong with some of you? You sound like a bunch of non football knowing Ravens fans

Cooley is a very consistent receiving TE. He catches deep passes quite often and has a good mix of speed and strength. Not fast like a receiver or big like a power back but a decent mix of the two. He is smart and runs good patterns. That is why he has consistently been a top 5 TE since his second year in the league. I think he led the team in receiving yards last season if not he was close.

If you look at results - and what better way to judge? - Cooley's numbers show how wrong your post is. Cooley's got good speed for a tight end, soft hands, he's strong as a bull with the ball in his hands, and, despite getting beat by Tuck on an inside move last night, is a damn good blocker for a "receiving" tight end. The fact that he's got a winning personality shouldn't detract you from these facts.

Can i try some of what your smoking?Ahhh,never mind.

I'm sorry but didnt Cooley lead the team in receptions last year?The year before?????

Hes not a blocking TE.Period.

And he'll only have as many receptions as JC throws to him.Maybe he needs them lights they use on aircraft carriers to get JC's attention?

IMO, he's a fan favorite (he's also one of my favorite players) because of his personality, his off-field show (like his blogging), and he was a primary target for the last few years.

he's #2 over the last 4 years in TE TD's. probably not far behind in receptions....

Cooley was not the problem. The problem was a scheme that left him one-on-one against one of the better lineman in the league. Find me a TE more suited to catching the ball that is able to handle this assignment. Hell, Justin Tuck has abused some of the best OL in the game. Yet we are blaming a ball-catching TE for not stopping him?

Everybody is blamming o-line, Portis , Jason and Zorn for offense problems. Cooley got beat the whole game and anybody that lined upaginst him made big plays. He blocked nobody and had 1 catch for 7 yards. Put up or shut up.

Cooley has never been a good blocker. A O-Coordinator worth his time wouldn't have put Cooley in those positions.

The Giants DE's are very aggressive very fast and instead of using that against them, we played right into it. Cooley didnt have a chance on those blocks.

We did run some play action then circled back Jason the other way, but it was late in the game and we were down two scores. But the aggressive Giants were still buying that PA hook line and sinker. We need to abuse their DE's they have no contain in them.

Archived