Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Shield: The Final Act (SERIES FINALE TONIGHT!!!)

StillUnknown

That ending sucked. Well, I liked how it ended for Vic. But hated how Ronnie, and Shane and his family, were punked out so bad by the writers. Plus how Corrine made off like a bandit after screwing Vic.

The show started off with a bang(no pun intended) and never lost momentum until this quiet funeral of a finale called season seven. What an awful season, what an awful finale. Nice attempt in leaving a lot ambiguous. But compared to the writing in the first six seasons, left way more to be desired. I felt empty as the final credits rolled.

That ending sucked. Well, I liked how it ended for Vic. But hated how Ronnie, and Shane and his family, were punked out so bad by the writers. Plus how Corrine made off like a bandit after screwing Vic.

I get the feeling that the ending, with Vic storming out with his gun, was meant to lead the audience to think that he'll fix everything, (get Ronnie out of prison somehow, find his kids, get back to the streets, con the FBI into letting him go, etc.)

Wow! what an evening....I dont know about lot of you but found that scene with Shane's wife and son dead in bed very disturbing.....Just hard to see, but I knew it was coming for 2 weeks now..it was their only way out....And that last exchange between Vic and Shane on the phone...wow that was just heartbreaking on both ends....both sides lost and no one won.........I feel for Ronnie as he totally got screwed and it was just strange that Vic let him go and didnt try to help him (even though if he did the plea was off the table)....Ronnie got the short end of the stick as he could of run off and maybe lived now he must be screwed as he is going to as Vic calls it "AntioneMitchellville" so Ronnie is a dead man and that upset me....then the fact that Vic is stuck at a meaningless desk job in a suite and tie just felt so unnatural and bizarre as it was the complete opposite of what we have seen this whole series...I thought when he pulled the gun at the end he was going to blow his brains out there...Really don't know what it meant with the gun in this back but what can he really do...he sold his soul to be a clock puncher....Here are what i would like to know and hate that the show didnt leave us answers.

What happens to Ronnie?

Who killed the kids mom? Dutch?

Is Dutch a psycho?

Where does Vic go from here? Does anyone in there right mind think he can survive at this job, for 3 years?

Does Acaveda become mayor? If so what about the BJ he gave back in the earlier seasons, I thought that would come back to bite his ass.

Just crazy as start out with a squad of 4. And 2 are dead, 1 in jail and the dirtest of them all sold out and became a clock puncher. Very tragic.

This show could of gone on as there was sooooo many more storylines to wrap up and questions to answers we didnt get.

BTW, what you all think about Vic shoving that guys face into the rattlesnake....Now thats the Vic I want to remember.

Strapped to a cubilce for 3 years is a metaphor for his purgatory. Him putting the gun in his waist band is his way of saying old habits die hard and he is a creature of habit and it may not be tomorrow but Vic will figure out an angle to get free of ICE.

The final showdown with Vic and Claudette will go down in history as one of the best intense scenes in TV history. Vic didn't say a word but his emotions spoke millions of words. Best dramatic show on TV....ever.

The show started off with a bang(no pun intended) and never lost momentum until this quiet funeral of a finale called season seven. What an awful season, what an awful finale. Nice attempt in leaving a lot ambiguous. But compared to the writing in the first six seasons, left way more to be desired. I felt empty as the final credits rolled.

Wow, awful season? This season was brilliant. The tenion was palpalble with all the major players showing desperation until there was only one standing, but winning by paying a major price. Throughout the entire series, everything he did, he did for his team and his family, although he was selfish, he tried to do right by them. In the end, trying to protect his family got him and Ronnie screwed big time and in the end, Claudette was the one who got over on him. Vic was free but not without a major cost to him, his Children.

Wow, awful season? This season was brilliant. The tenion was palpalble with all the major players showing desperation until there was only one standing, but winning by paying a major price. Throughout the entire series, everything he did, he did for his team and his family, although he was selfish, he tried to do right by them. In the end, trying to protect his family got him and Ronnie screwed big time and in the end, Claudette was the one who got over on him. Vic was free but not without a major cost to him, his Children.

To each his own, here are some of the things that had me captivated from the start and kept me hooked.

1. Vic and Shane, though crooked cops, were always smarter than the rest of the cast. Always a step ahead of everyone around them. No matter how dire a situation, they always found a way through.

2. Vic (and some of Shane's) comic relief. The one liner's came about three or four times a show. I bought DVD sets of past season of the Shield for that alone.

3. Intimidating (and interesting) villans. Whether it be Gilroy, Armadillo, Mitchell, Margos Dezerian, or Kavanaugh. The strike team always had a cunning and interesting adversary.

4. Strike team commradare. The sanctuary of the show was the Strike team. It always came first, that is what episode one was all about and remained a theme throughout the show.

-Now what did season seven offer from the above list? Nothing. It had none of these things.

-1. The strike team members, usually making things happen, remained victims throughout season 7 constantly reacting to things around them. Their smarts and resolve miraculously vanished in season 7. All the strike team members spent the whole season running scared right into each of their corners leaving no way out.

-2. If there was a one liner in all of season 7, I missed it. I could probably go back and find just enough in all of season 7 to fit into one episode of an earlier season.

-3. Pezuela? Beltran? ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Kern Little was a more dynamic character than either of these recycled rejects.

-4. When the strike team got in an inescapable spot in previous seasons, they put differences aside and came togehter. This season, they turned on each other. I am still in shock Vic just stood by and let Ronnie get screwed, or that Shane never reached out to Vic for help instead of spending the whole season bullying him. It was purely a 180 from previous seasons, and why the season ended in such a deafening (and for me dissapointing) silence.

Or you could look at it in the vein it was presented,, the Strike team couldn't trust itself anymore,, Shane killed Lem, and it all unraveled from there. The past closed in around them like it always does, with fewer and fewer allies and no trust among themselves, targeted by the cops, targeted by the gangs, targeted by everyone.

Dogs turn on one another, and these dogs did just that. They ran out of options and ran out of luck.

~Bang

• 1 month later...

Archived