Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Cut Day

corrupt3d

Colvin is done.

He was never the same after the knee injuries he suffered his first season in NE.

He won't be able to help us, we need healthy players :)

I'd be willing to sign him and leave him on the bench - we need depth and I'm willing to take an injury risk with that.

But you do make a valid point

Colvin IS done and was cut because all he can do is rush the passer. We don't need him.

Brooks > Frost. IMO Frost edged out Brooks during the preseason but that's not good enough for me. He needed to show us more than that for us to cut a Ray Guy winner.

I love Mason. He won't make the team and we'll regret it in the long run. IMO he could do everything that Betts does except he has more upside. We're so in love with some guys that they're basically uncuttable, which won't help the team.

I love Mason as well, but someone made a good point earlier. It's not like us giving up Steven Davis who lead the Panthers to a SB. Mason will make another team as a backup. He'll have some carries and do positive things for that team. We need that spot for either an extra DE or S. That will benefit our team more than Mason could. I think Rock is replaceable as a RB, but not on ST. Yea he's not the best KR, but on ST coverage he's one of our best. He's always making tackles on ST. He's more valuable in that aspect than Mason would be as a 3rd RB. I'd love to keep Mason if we had room, but we don't. I'm just happy that we have tough decisions to make when it comes to cutting down to 53. I think we're building some good depth, and that's what's important.

If the cut Brooks for Derrick ... it would go to show you that the old Gibbs mentality is still alive and prevalent in the Skin' Front Office.

If they do decide to cut Brooks, I hope they manage to sign him to the Practice Squad... Long shot, and wishful thinking.

Holding the ball for a kicker is improtant, but a skill that can be easily developed.

I used to be a Wade supporter when he was first acquired but he has really showed little here. He plays very soft for a guy that is 6'8 and 317 and gets hurt almost every time he comes off the bench to play for more than a few series.

He is a luxury the team could no longer afford.

Bugel can work with the younger players and have them ready to go.

I don't think Mann is in the equation.

A move for Kelly just means that the redskins are keeping one less receiver active and that McMullen is likely a lock for the final roster.

Of course the team could always look for a veteran cut that has experience in the WCO.

Brooks > Frost. IMO Frost edged out Brooks during the preseason but that's not good enough for me. He needed to show us more than that for us to cut a Ray Guy winner.

I don't think Frost edged him out at all. Brooks ended up with a net punting average of 2 yards better than Frost. Frost knew he had to have extra distance this camp to compete with Brooks but he got it at the expense of hangtime. Some QBs are jealous of the zip that Frost had on some of his punts.

If you can't tell the diffrence in talent between Betts and Mason I don't know what to tell you :doh: Mason and Rock might be about even when it comes to running the ball maybe Mason may be a bit better but he has shown NOTHING on special teams and his pass protection is suspect. No need to hold a roster spot for a 4th running back.

at the end of the year, all i ask of you is to look back on what betts does for our team and ask "did we really need him over mason for that or wouldn't it have been better to have traded him in the off-season for a 3rd or 4th rounder?"

its not that i said mason is better than betts, i said that mason possess a better skill set and it's a shame that this organization refuses to progress and chooses to hold on to the past constantly.

Frost is history. Those shanks last year cost the Redskins field position at critical times in at least 2 games. I think the decision was made then it was going to be his last year in Washington. To his credit he competed well here in 2008, but the team was not prepared to trust that he would continue throughout the season to maintain his current averages.

Archived