Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from the Game with Iheart

skins4eva

Let me give you a little lesson...and this one is for free...using :doh: doesn't automatically give you a valid point, and when you use it, it just makes you look like an idiot...hmmmm.

I never said Rogers was a "horrible" corner, Mrs. Rogers. So, work on your reading comprehension. I said he hasn't improved all that much, and I'm worried about his ability to become elite. In other words, I don't think he ever will. He was a top ten pick, remember? Top ten picks should become elite players, hopefully. I watched him last night, and he obviously looked rusty...but that's still no excuse for letting a receiver like Cotchery get a free release across the middle of the field, when you're playing bump and run. If he had gotten a good jam on him, that throws off the entire timing of the play and forces Farve to check down or allows our pass rush to reach him...but, I'm sure you already realized that what with your brilliant in-game analysis.

Wow your very mature for a 28 year old (Mrs. Rogers) Of course he is going to look rusty. Then why even bother commenting on his play other then he is rusty. The best way to gauge a DB is a look at his Yards Against Per Completion Rate. I case you dont know what that is. Its when a WR catches the ball that Rogers is asigned to, how many yards he gains down the field. Rogers is ranked top 10 last season in that category. Right behind Asomugha and Champ.

Darrell would never have drop the balls that I have seen Carlos drop. Its about opertunities. Darrell made the most of his. Carlos.. not so much.

I mean, CB's aren't drafted on their pass-catching ability, if they were, they'd be WR's.

Carlos was doing well up until his injury though

Your logic baffles me. Your right Rogers is a shut down corner. My bad. He is the best. Those INT's you talk about change the game. Good corners make those plays. Carlos does not. Yet.

Carlos needs to improve on his ball skills obviously. But what he doesn't catch he delects and I would take that anyday over being out of position and getting beat. Maybe you wouldn't but hey whatever helps you sleep at night bro!

So apparently both London Fletcher AND Skins4eva were given headsets by Blache last night. How else would this guy know Rogers' responsibility on that play?

Also, your comment about Zorn not running the shotgun in preseason: I'm pretty sure that Seattle does not use the shotgun at all (http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2006/07/21/why_the_hawks_don_t_use_the_shotgun). So it is likely that Zorn is not using the shotgun as well. So it's not us playing vanilla - it's that we just don't use it.

Tryon Cannot tackle? That one thing i can say about him he might get beat but he made the tackle. What yall want him to come out and play like first round CB. Redskins got so many nfl scout for fans and i just dont understand. Tryon is a very talent player and just need a year or two to understand cover.

Tryon just looks lost out there. Despite his size, I just don't see the coverage ability, tackling or just plain speed that we all heard would make up for his speed. Plus the fact that he's a talker just makes me not like him. Cut

So do you want to cut Smoot?

Tryon Cannot tackle? That one thing i can say about him he might get beat but he made the tackle. What yall want him to come out and play like first round CB. Redskins got so many nfl scout for fans and i just dont understand. Tryon is a very talent player and just need a year or two to understand cover.

What do you expect form him when he is posting a drunken write up at 2 am :rolleyes:

Alright. Well this is his first game back in months. And your basing that Carlos Rogers will not improve only off one play in the game? Well most of us watched the game on tv. And if you watched the game on tv, you'd see that Los still had good coverage going over the middle. Only to be picked by another WR from the opposite side of the field, which created the seperation.

That's not the point though--he needed to jam the receiver at the line, and he let him get a free release and run across the middle. No DB will be able to cover that route if he lets the receiver get a free release.

That's not the point though--he needed to jam the receiver at the line, and he let him get a free release and run across the middle. No DB will be able to cover that route if he lets the receiver get a free release.

Yea. I can agree with that. I'm sure the coaches will get on him. Hopefully he will be all caught up come week 1.

Archived