Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts from the Game with Iheart

skins4eva

Nothing to add... but I did want to thank s4e and ihs for the write-up. Good stuffs.

In fairness, the write-up is all skins4eva--though I think it's definitely reflective of our experience--particularly the late-game meth-lab Redskins fans.

When they walked passed us, it felt like we'd smoked a carton of Lucky Strikes--and that's to say nothing of the crazed meth-addled look in their eyes. There wasn't really a correlation between what was going on in the game and their reaction--it was kind of like Steve Carell's character from Anchorman, but they were a lot, lot less healthy looking and even deader in the eyes. Lots of "LOUD NOISES" esque kinds of chants/comments that were borderline unintelligble.

Back on the football side of things, I'm a little more bullish on Westbrook and a little more bearish on a few areas, but I otherwise generally share skins4eva's views on a lot of the issues expressed. Mason was very strong, IMO.

And Sleepy is by far the best nickname of all time for a tight end. :)

Hope you guys had a fun time together. I know you're just a miscreant and ne'er-do-well, 4eva, but sol's a hardworking man and needs to have his fun. :D

Thanks D. :)

In fairness, the write-up is all skins4eva--though I think it's definitely reflective of our experience--particularly the late-game meth-lab Redskins fans.

When they walked passed us, it felt like we'd smoked a carton of Lucky Strikes--and that's to say nothing of the crazed meth-addled look in their eyes. There wasn't really a correlation between what was going on in the game and their reaction--it was kind of like Steve Carell's character from Anchorman, but they were a lot, lot less healthy looking and even deader in the eyes. Lots of "LOUD NOISES" esque kinds of chants/comments that were borderline unintelligble.

Back on the football side of things, I'm a little more bullish on Westbrook and a little more bearish on a few areas, but I otherwise generally share skins4eva's views on a lot of the issues expressed. Mason was very strong, IMO.

And Sleepy is by far the best nickname of all time for a tight end. :)

Thanks D. :)

Yeah, Sleepy Davis is the man.

It wasn't really Lucky Strikes, it was more like Kools or Viceroy. Lucky Strikes were way too high end for that group.

Tryon's play has gotten better since the previous 2 games. Still its too early to give up on him. Will he ever be a #1 corner, probably not but who's to say he cant produce on the same level as Smoot?

Because Smoot is 10x the corner he will ever be. Smoot will probably start off the season as our #2 corner anyway while Rogers gets adjusted.

Because Smoot is 10x the corner he will ever be. Smoot will probably start off the season as our #2 corner anyway while Rogers gets adjusted.

I just dont get what is with you hate for Tryon. Why are you so against letting him learn then game?

I just dont get what is with you hate for Tryon. Why are you so against letting him learn then game?

I'm not. I'm all for it. He should definitely be getting as much playing time as we can give him throughout the preseason so he can learn, grow and we can evaluate him. My major issue with him is size and game speed. He's a fourth round pick, which means, we hope, he can be a decent nickel corner. Right now, he's playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He should be making plays, but he's not. He's getting worked out there. With regard to size--think of the receivers in our division. He's obviously not covering T.O. or Plax anytime soon, but the reality is that our division has a lot of big receivers and a guy who is 5'7' without anything approaching D. Green's ability is going to have a very, very tough time covering people. He's a mismatch out there. That's really the problem. In this day and age, it's a tough task to ask a 5'7' corner to go out and cover receivers in this league.

I'm not. I'm all for it. He should definitely be getting as much playing time as we can give him throughout the preseason so he can learn, grow and we can evaluate him. My major issue with him is size and game speed. He's a fourth round pick, which means, we hope, he can be a decent nickel corner. Right now, he's playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He should be making plays, but he's not. He's getting worked out there. With regard to size--think of the receivers in our division. He's obviously not covering T.O. or Plax anytime soon, but the reality is that our division has a lot of big receivers and a guy who is 5'7' without anything approaching D. Green's ability is going to have a very, very tough time covering people. He's a mismatch out there. That's really the problem. In this day and age, it's a tough task to ask a 5'7' corner to go out and cover receivers in this league.

But to say Smoot is 10x the corner he will ever be is going against what you just said above.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gC8BFuYTfMgdmisBUlF49PAkOGCw

"Zorn was particularly concerned about the offence's performance in the red zone. On one play, Zorn said Campbell missed an outside receiver who would have scored an easy touchdown.

"He didn't see it, didn't focus on it, and he turned back in and tried to throw the ball back over the middle to the tight end, and it wasn't there," Zorn said."

Like I said in my original post, Iheart and I were right behind the endzone and Thrash was as wide open as they get down there. That was a particularly bad play for Jason.

TML--there's a reason Smoot was a high 2nd round pick. There's a reason Smoot has been a starter for most of his career. Smoot is a good corner--he's a particularly good cover corner. Tyron doesn't look like he will ever be anywhere near as good as Smoot--he's got too many physical things working against him. Just my opinion.

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gC8BFuYTfMgdmisBUlF49PAkOGCw

"Zorn was particularly concerned about the offence's performance in the red zone. On one play, Zorn said Campbell missed an outside receiver who would have scored an easy touchdown.

"He didn't see it, didn't focus on it, and he turned back in and tried to throw the ball back over the middle to the tight end, and it wasn't there," Zorn said."

Like I said in my original post, Iheart and I were right behind the endzone and Thrash was as wide open as they get down there. That was a particularly bad play for Jason.

TML--there's a reason Smoot was a high 2nd round pick. There's a reason Smoot has been a starter for most of his career. Smoot is a good corner--he's a particularly good cover corner. Tyron doesn't look like he will ever be anywhere near as good as Smoot--he's got too many physical things working against him. Just my opinion.

I didnt see Thrash on the play but thats a good read tho.

I didnt see Thrash on the play but thats a good read tho.

I'm not sure you could see him on TV, but at the game right behind the end zone, thrash absolutely juked his man out of his shoes and was wide open in the corner of the endzone. Jason didn't even look his way. He locked on to Cooley down the seam who was basically triple-covered. That was the throw (and decision) from Jason that really concerned me last night.

I'm not sure you could see him on TV, but at the game right behind the end zone, thrash absolutely juked his man out of his shoes and was wide open in the corner of the endzone. Jason didn't even look his way. He locked on to Cooley down the seam who was basically triple-covered. That was the throw (and decision) from Jason that really concerned me last night.

Yeah he did seem to revert to his old ways last night. :(

Concerns me, especially because we open up with the Giants against their D in the medowlands. Let's hope the coaches have a great game plan for that one.

I honestly think we will come out of the gate firing on all cylinders and look very impressive in that game. Im just not sure if we can maintain that all year long?

I honestly think we will come out of the gate firing on all cylinders and look very impressive in that game. Im just not sure if we can maintain that all year long?

Let's hope so :cheers:

There are a ton of unknowns obviously. I'm very bullish on the season, and I think the offense will score points, it's really just a question of how quickly they come together.

However, Jansen really, really needs to step it up...he could get Campbell killed and wouldn't that be irony for you. I know Buges likes him, but if he were anyone else, we'd be destroying him on this board right now.

Let's hope so :cheers:

There are a ton of unknowns obviously. I'm very bullish on the season, and I think the offense will score points, it's really just a question of how quickly they come together.

However, Jansen really, really needs to step it up...he could get Campbell killed and wouldn't that be irony for you. I know Buges likes him, but if he were anyone else, we'd be destroying him on this board right now.

Idk for some reason he doesnt concern me as much as others. This is his first action back since his injury so I think its just rust but hey who knows?

:laugh:

Wait....Just so we're clear.....You're talking about a BJ from an Asian massuiese right?

No, of course not. I was thinking of the point in a thread on extremeskins when two posters who have had it out make up and all is well with the world. I thought that was pretty obvious :laugh:

Have you been on vacation the last few weeks? :D

Jansen's been getting destroyed on this board in multiple threads the entire preseason. Trust me, very, very few people on the board are cutting him any kind of slack. The general sentiment is that he's done, and the only ones that don't know it are the coaching staff. I have my concerns as well, but I'd prefer to wait and see if he can get his legs back under him coming back from injury before I'd use any energy worrying about it.

Also, great write up in the original post. Very entertaining and thought provoking. :cheers:

Archived