Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else a bit disappointed w/ Thomas?

Rskins91

People have got to stop making excuses for him.

He's played in at least 3 of our 5 games (I honestly don't remember if he played against the Bills or not) and has done nothing except demonstrate that he's sllllllloooooooowwwwww and is afraid of contact.

Not one play......just one.......flashed. Where you could say, "Okay now I see why people were high on him".

If not for his draft position, he'd be cut today.

He has shown NOTHING.

The question is... why do some people think he's going to be good? Because he's a 2nd round pick? That means nothing... there are plenty of 2nd rounders who amount to nothing.

Agree's with him a 100%

This kid has shown nothing on the field, even against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I seen Art Monk, Darrell Green, Sean Taylor as rookies and knew they would be impact players, they showed all the signs. This guy Thomas has showed absolutely nothing, not even potential to be a good player.

I am a bit disappointed, was hoping he'd add some explosiveness to the offense this year. I was explaining to a friend last night that if he wasnt a high round draft pick, based on his preseason performance, he'd probably be among the cuts this saturday.

I was pshyched when they called Thomas' name on draft day--especially in the 2nd round. I am also a Michigan St. fan and saw this guy display many of the talents (speed, body control, etc) that would translate to the next level (NFL).

However, his performances in limited preseason action and the reports Ive been reading from camp has almost completely doused my first year expectations (which were probably too high to begin with due to MSU homersim). I still think he will be a good player in time, like many of the solid WRs in the league that took time to develop...but I had hopes he was better than most WRs and coming into a good situation for him to produce this year.

My god people! He was the most unpolised WR in the draft with the biggest potential. It is going to take 2-3 seasons to polish him. It is the draft he builds a team. Its not ONE draft that builds a team. Its doing it right over the course of a 5 or so years. To expect Thomas and Kelly and Davis to come in here tear up the league or ever show brilliant flashes is foolish. Davis has shown flashes so thats more then should be expected. But for the other 2, give them time. Threads like this make our fan base look like idiots :doh:

From what I saw Thomas was sluggish and once he got touched by anyone his feet stopped moving. He kinda reminded me of a wet noodle!!

For our 2nd round pick the Redskins Select Devin (Wet Noodle) Thomas. What a pick can I get some pasta sauce over here!!

My god people! He was the most unpolised WR in the draft with the biggest potential. It is going to take 2-3 seasons to polish him. It is the draft he builds a team. Its not ONE draft that builds a team. Its doing it right over the course of a 5 or so years. To expect Thomas and Kelly and Davis to come in here tear up the league or ever show brilliant flashes is foolish. Davis has shown flashes so thats more then should be expected. But for the other 2, give them time. Threads like this make our fan base look like idiots :doh:

:notworthy:cheers:

Davis has looked alright on the few times he got the ball. Hopefully Thomas will not shy away from contact in the future and he is not mentally ready because of his knee of whatever it was.

People have got to stop making excuses for him.

He's played in at least 3 of our 5 games (I honestly don't remember if he played against the Bills or not) and has done nothing except demonstrate that he's sllllllloooooooowwwwww and is afraid of contact.

Not one play......just one.......flashed. Where you could say, "Okay now I see why people were high on him".

If not for his draft position, he'd be cut today.

And if we were mods we would cut you from our fan base for such idiotic comments

Let me get this strait, we drafted a 2nd round pick, but must wait 3 years for him to show any signs he can play in the NFL? Did he put that in his contract? :doh:

I sure dont see any other rookie needing this time to produce something, or just anything. Im not looking for or expecting him to burn up the NFL, but how bout just helping the team a little bit. Is that too much to ask for a 2nd round pick?

Archived