Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lions game-planned for Giants

KiwiSupaFlyNuka

The article said B Jacobs didn't avoid many hits last year. Hell, isn't the dude like 270 lbs? How many freaking hits can he avoid at that weight? It's not like he's a shifty back. This guy's all about straight-ahead, Earl Campbell style downhill running isn't he? Giants fans, chime in here: am I right or not?

Not exactly conclusive evidence. Either way you take it, it doesn't really matter. No one thinks the Lions are better than the Giants based on preseason game number 1, just like no one, not even super homer Redskins fan thinks we're better than the Colts based on last week.

Not exactly conclusive evidence. Either way you take it, it doesn't really matter. No one thinks the Lions are better than the Giants based on preseason game number 1, just like no one, not even super homer Redskins fan thinks we're better than the Colts based on last week.

Yes, but we can all agree that Colt Brennan should immediately be inducted in the football hall of fame.

The article said B Jacobs didn't avoid many hits last year. Hell, isn't the dude like 270 lbs? How many freaking hits can he avoid at that weight? It's not like he's a shifty back. This guy's all about straight-ahead, Earl Campbell style downhill running isn't he? Giants fans, chime in here: am I right or not?

He has some moves, that is supposedly what he was focusing on this offseason. And that is exactly what the author was highlighting, the fact that Jacobs juked Brian Kelly out of his shoes on that play.

Wow, because the Giants and there beat writer says so, it must be true?

Not saying it isn't, but this doesn't mean it was. Ever think they were trying to see how Kitna did on the run, throwing the ball, since he hasn't really done it that well in the past?

Pretty lame article with no direct quotes from the Lions.

So because the Giants looked like crap the other team must have game-planned?

There are plenty of rollouts/bootlegs in every preseason game. Madden won't shut up about how that play works better than others until early in the season when the defense stops biting so hard on the action.

The preseason doesn't mean much, but it's pathetic to go sour grapes over something like that. Just wait till week one and they'll have something to really cry about.

"But... but... they tried."

I actually don't think the Lions will be complete garbage this year.

I'd say a 9-7 or 10-6 record.

I agree...Roy Williams and Calvin Johnsonare going to be a really tough tandem to defend. To me, it really all depends on their running game, but I wouldn't be suprised to see them come out on top in that division.

So because the Giants looked like crap the other team must have game-planned?

There are plenty of rollouts/bootlegs in every preseason game. Madden won't shut up about how that play works better than others until early in the season when the defense stops biting so hard on the action.

The preseason doesn't mean much, but it's pathetic to go sour grapes over something like that. Just wait till week one and they'll have something to really cry about.

"But... but... they tried."

To be fair the Lions were also using zone blitzes on defense to try and get pressure. I don't think Tuck is completely off about this.

tuck is grat on passing situationzizizizoo but he talks too much for a role playerrrrr

who agrees with me? gimme a healll yeaaaaa

causeee stone cold said so

what happened to wrestling anyway i used to be so into ito it but no one wathces it anymore and i definitely don't give a crap anymore

tuck is grat on passing situationzizizizoo but he talks too much for a role playerrrrr

who agrees with me? gimme a healll yeaaaaa

causeee stone cold said so

what happened to wrestling anyway i used to be so into ito it but no one wathces it anymore and i definitely don't give a crap anymore

Hahahahaha! You're drunk as ****!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hell Yeahhhhhh!

To be fair the Lions were also using zone blitzes on defense to try and get pressure. I don't think Tuck is completely off about this.

That may be true because we were blitzing the Colts in the first game. Teams that haven't had much success in the regular season will probably play harder and use more wrinkles then a team who has had success. The Colts consistantly lose in the preseason because they know what they have. Teams like the Lions and Dolphins may go harder and game plan because they want to see how their players react in certain situations that they don't have alot of experience in. I don't think it's unusual and if the Giants complain, then mayber they should rest more starters and not risk them getting injured in a preseason game.

Archived