Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many would flock to a new party?

Hubbs

America seems to agree.

I believe Americas supposed support of liberal ideals is more a hatred of Bush and his bucket of douche cronies than support of liberalism.

As to the topic, for a new party to take hold it would need to start local and gain momentum that way. I don't think people support their party of choice as much as they despise the opposing party. Kinda sad.

I'd be down.

Thing is that everyones too pissed off at the Dems and Republicans and will want everything their way. 3rd party means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

Exactly.

There are those that think the democrats and republicans are too moderate. There are those that think democrats and republicans are too radical. There are those that think both parties aren't even on the same scale as themselves and would like to see a completely different direction (libertarians, I'm talking about you bamas). And then there are the crazies; the communists, nationalists, and those that think we should all be one people hold hands and sing songs all day.

The truth is the system were changed in a way to allow a 3rd party you'd be opening up the door to 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and so on. Many of them would be bat **** crazy and they'd have an avenue into mainstream politics. Is this a good or bad thing? Like everything political, I'd say both.

My screen name is Destino and I approved this post.

Not if you look at congress approval ratings which has gone down since the democrats retook control

A more accurate representation would be to compare national approval ratings for the Democratic party vs. the Republican party. It ain't even close.

Would you like to see more Democrats or Republicans elected to Congress this November?"

DemocratsRepublicansUnsure%%%7/25-27/08513712

http://www.pollingreport.com/cong2008.htm

edit: dagnabit that didn't paste very well. Dems 51% Republicans 37%.

A new party, if successful, would eventually just replace one of our current parties. The structure of our election system does not allow for a long term third party to exist. Third parties are for parlimentary coalition electoral systems, not "winner take all" systems like the USA.

It would depend on that party's platform.

However, I am all for a three-party or four-party system. If we had a legit third party and fourth party, I think that would get both the Democrats and Republicans off their complacent high horse and get back to what they are supposed to do, which is serve the people of this country.

And with a legit third and fourth party, we would have more of a true democracy.

True democracy?

Give the Founders more credit. They didn't create a "true democracy".

I would like to live long enough where people come to realization that politics is not an appropriate vehicle for liberty and social justice. But what the hell do I know, I am one of those "bamas".
William Wilberforce doesn't agree.

Archived