Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Housing Rescue Bill Signed By Bush 7/30/2008

Ellis

Place blame where it belongs dude.:laugh:

-Dems constructed this bill.

-People in foreclosure status were not forced at gun-point to "sign on the dotted line" at closing/settlement.

;)

Blame? Hell this is reason to sing their praises. It's easy to say "they should have let it fail" when you don't know what would happen. Bail outs are sometimes good things.

I think this bill should only apply to people that own one home.

It is only for your primary residence. It doesn't work for multiple properties. It is also voluntary for the banks. The only way they do it is if you are way behind and it is cheaper for them than foreclosure if they don't have mortgage insurance on the loan.

Shot in the Dark ---

What about people who bought a house in the 500's and the appraised value is now in the 300's.

I guess they would be stuck.

My friend bought a very nice house last spring. Now as I drive through his neighborhood I see a bunch of houses foreclosed.

He told me the value of his neighborhood dropped over 100K. He said a house similiar to his is selling for over 120K cheaper now. He is really pissed because he does not think he will get any equity and if he wanted to sell he could never do it without taking an extreme financial hit.

So I guess he is stuck right?

Blame? Hell this is reason to sing their praises. It's easy to say "they should have let it fail" when you don't know what would happen. Bail outs are sometimes good things.

Letting people fail and suffering the consequences is a better thing.

Most people call that don't have a (D) next to their name call it "responsiblity"

Free Market capitalism only works if some of the people fail sometimes.

Is it to late for me to outspend what I can afford and get big brother to bail me out?

I don't know. Does the bill have a cut off or something?

If not, I may go out this afternoon and buy a mansion, cry like a little ***** that I can't afford it

Then hold my hand out

well don't worry sarge he's got an ® and that ® means that he's above responsibility and Mr. Bush will commute that responsibility away from him.

He can go to jail for all I care. So can the rest of them. But Stevans at least gave up his committee spots. Jefferson is still on his.

Integrity eh?

He can go to jail for all I care. So can the rest of them. But Stevans at least gave up his committee spots. Jefferson is still on his.

Integrity eh?

Sarge, saying republican in the same breadth of integrity is laughable. It's going to be even more laughable when our fine president is the first president to preemptive pardon himself.

Sarge, saying republican in the same breadth of integrity is laughable. It's going to be even more laughable when our fine president is the first president to preemptive pardon himself.

Another reason they've been getting run out of office. But the "Pot, Kettle, Black" thing is in effect coming from a party who's members keep a few grand cash in their freezers.

And nothing is done about it

Another wonderfull economic policy that is going to send us deeper and deeper into debt. Just like the stimulus checks this is uterly pointless....lets get serious. I have a feeling the next promotion is gunna be everyone gets a bag of low fat potato chips.

On a side note I found this hilarious spoof of PTI I thought yall would enjoy.

http://www.digitalfuntown.com/videos/90

Yeah!!!!!!!!

More spending from a president who has grown the government by 60%

And Repubs wonder why they are being voted out in droves

As stated numerous times already...

-this bill was constructed by the DEMOCRATS.

-Bush was against it as were numerous republicans, but somethig had to be done and Bush said, "it's better than nothing."

place blame in it's proper place.;)

As stated numerous times already...

-this bill was constructed by the DEMOCRATS.

-Bush was against it as were numerous republicans, but somethig had to be done and Bush said, "it's better than nothing."

place blame in it's proper place.;)

I know it was done by Dems. Hence the reason it's so ****ed up. BUt Bush has broken out the veto pen lately to pair back pork in Dem bills.

Why didn't he do it here?

I know it was done by Dems. Hence the reason it's so ****ed up. BUt Bush has broken out the veto pen lately to pair back pork in Dem bills.

Why didn't he do it here?

because when this bill fails, it'll be on the dem's.:laugh:

Letting people fail and suffering the consequences is a better thing.

Most people call that don't have a (D) next to their name call it "responsiblity"

Letting Fannie and Freddie fail would mean the whole country would suffere the consequences of a collapse of the secondary market most people don't even know exists. The consequences of such a collapse would make everything that has happened to date seem like nothing.

Allowing the next wave of foreclosures to hit full force would create a housing surplus of massive proportions and likely result in much more damage suffered by those that DID NOTHING WRONG than those losing their homes. They would be getting out of the market and able to get back in in 2-3 years. Those that bought homes properly would see massive declines with no way out.

Your concept of "responsiblity" doesn't apply here. There are many that WANT to "suffer" a foreclosure because frankly 3 years from now they will be better off than those doing the right thing. These moves are to protect homeowners.

because when this bill fails, it'll be on the dem's.:laugh:

Of course it won't. They have the majority in the House, Senate and the WH. They'll blame it on Bush, and rightly so for even thinking about signing it

Free Market capitalism only works if some of the people fail sometimes.

Is it to late for me to outspend what I can afford and get big brother to bail me out?

Go for it! End up house poor, with destroyed credit, and assets at near zero... and than you can be "rewarded" by this bailout. Your argument is as laughable as those wondering if they should make 100k less in income to avoid a tax increase.

Archived