Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon Landry vs Clinton Portis in a RACE

D'KanSkinFan

video proof he has. He was faster in college an at Denver...

Laron ran a 4.37 at the combine and I guarantee it was slower there. Portis ran track at Miami... he should have clearly won.

Portis' weight at Miami/Denver: ~195 lbs.

Portis' weight now: ~221 lbs.

Blame this on the Gibbs II system. Portis was 195-200 when he was at Denver. He kicked ass after that initial weight gain to 210 or so...but once he got to be 223-225 last season...that was too much. Add that to the fact that in the '04, '05, and '07 seasons he had 343, 352, and 325 carries, respectively, it'll make your body wear down REALLY quickly. That said, if he can keep up with LaRon, he's still doing better speed-wise than most backs in the league.

I wonder if people sit on this site just to wait for someone to screw up. This is an old topic, and the people on here every day need to understand that the search function rarely works when you type more than one word in it. Google is spotty at best when trying to trigger just Extremeskins stuff. Also... people posting threads: This is ES and if it happened withing the last 30 seconds.... someone made a thread about it. Guaranteed.

Blame this on the Gibbs II system. Portis was 195-200 when he was at Denver. He kicked ass after that initial weight gain to 210 or so...but once he got to be 223-225 last season...that was too much. Add that to the fact that in the '04, '05, and '07 seasons he had 343, 352, and 325 carries, respectively, it'll make your body wear down REALLY quickly. That said, if he can keep up with LaRon, he's still doing better speed-wise than most backs in the league.

Portis doesn't weigh 221. He was on redskins radio around may and he said he lost weight. It's no secret he is probably in the best shape sense he's been with us. I think he said he's around 210-215. I think the think that impressed me about Portis in the video was his accelleration. But Laron beat him by a nose.

Wow, I had to go check the roster after reading your post. Sure enough, CP's listed at 221. Damn. IMO he def needs to lose at least 10 lbs, that much alone should give him an extra half-step.

At 210 or less he beats LL by a half-yard.

Archived