Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CANNOT CONFIRM, just telling you what I heard re: Redskins helmets

Hey guys,

I seriously doubt there is anything to this story, but I'll just let you know what I heard and how I heard it. I was told that the Redskins would be wearing completely new helmets this year...that they would be black with some sort of feather in the back. Again, I'm very skeptical about this, but here's how I heard this.

My mother happens to be from Ireland (her brothers, sisters and mother all still live there), and one way she keeps up with what's going on back in Ireland and here in DC's Irish community is by listening to a local radio program called "the Irish Show." The host of the show, an Irishman named Pat Troy, happens to be a very close personal friend of Charley Casserly.

My mother told me that Pat Troy announced TODAY on his radio show that, "You heard it here first -- the Redskins will be wearing black helmets this year with a feather in the back." To give you a little history, Pat Troy stopped supporting the Skins when his buddy Casserly got dumped. Stupid, I know, but that's what happened. So he likes to make Snyder look bad whenever he can.

If there is any truth to this unlikely story, I have an idea of how Pat Troy may have gotten wind of it before any of us did. Perhaps Snyder made an announcement about this at the recent owners meetings, and perhaps the word got back to Casserly, who in turn told Pat Troy about it. Far-fetched, I know, but I'm trying to figure out how this could have gone down. I would think the media would have picked up on it one way or another if anything was announced, so I'll be skeptical until I hear corroboration. But if this does happen, you know where you heard it first!

Dumb, they should have a vote for a new Helmet.

So we the Fans could pick the new Era of the design. Then just keep the jersey design like the ones from 2 years ago, only make the colour an actual Burgundy. That would be tight.

Something like

"New" Spear

Tomahawk

"W"

New Native American Design

and let us VOTE damnit!

Originally posted by Brave

Man, that helmet was U-G-L-Y.

That might be worse than the yellow "R."

It is the best helmet for autographs! Here are the other two RK helmets and Riddell's description.

Price: $245.00

SKU#: 56356

Description: A classic Step back in time! Riddell has carefully retraced every step that it took more than 50 years ago to correctly reproduce, in every detail, its RK helmet. The classic shape of the RK's slightly flared shell and handsome metal rives are complemented by the attachment of an original Riddell two bar facemask. The suspension webbing is identical to the original right down to the same brown thread that is used to stitch it together. Real leather jaw pads, gray toned strap and identical front style labeling make this helmet indistinguishable from the original.

I did hear that the skins have lost the right to use the old helmet with the face on them, (the one they used for away games last year) So this wouldn't be a surprise to me at all, just not the black ones, use the ones they were wearing during the home games last year :)

They haven't lost the right to do anything. The USPTO struck down some of their trademarks due to the BS campaign some people are waging. They can still protect their marks with state laws. Here would be a nice alternative if the colors were altered. The USFL's Washington Federals left for Orlando in '85 and became the Renegades. Bring these helmets back and substitute Redskins for Renegades. Sweet (although I like our present design.)!!! :notworthy

Originally posted by laurent

Hey now, I actually like the yellow R!

I like the "R" because it is endearing and it was a stepping stone to the current helmet, but I can't honestly look at it and say "Nice looking helmet."

Originally posted by TC4

I thought April 1st was TWO DAYS AWAY?

This BETTER be ligit!!!!:rolleyes:

What the hell do you mean this BETTER be legit? Did you not read my post? I said I could NOT confirm it, and that I am skeptical until I hear corroboration. All I did was relay the story precisely as I heard it. :moon:

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

What the hell do you mean this BETTER be legit? Did you not read my post? I said I could NOT confirm it, and that I am skeptical until I hear corroboration. All I did was relay the story precisely as I heard it. :moon:

Hey chill!!!!

Just don't wanna get burned by an April Fool's prank :silly:

Archived