Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Redskins Sign Thomas to Rookie Contract (MET)

DTN Redskin

I think the best thing about having Davis be the last signed is that there is now a contract for the guys picked before and after him by the team. Fit him in the middle of the Thomas and Kelly contracts and it should be a done deal.

I think the best thing about having Davis be the last signed is that there is now a contract for the guys picked before and after him by the team. Fit him in the middle of the Thomas and Kelly contracts and it should be a done deal.

:applause:

Good thinking. Hope it comes true soon.

Here is the Redskins Insider story....I like that Davis and Thgomas have been working out at the Park daily!:

Devin Thomas Agrees To Terms

Skins got him on a four year deal. The WR out of Michigan State was Washington's top pick in the draft, and first of three second-round picks. His signing leaves just second-round TE Fred Davis un-signed. Thomas will earn a max of $4.8 million in his deal, with $2.75 million as his signing bonus, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

The team has been confident all along that it would get all picks signed before practice begins Sunday (players report Saturday). Davis and Thomas had been among a group of players already in town, working out daily at Redskins Park, and eager to report.

Talks with Davis were not as advanced as the Thomas negotiations at the start of the week, but ample time remains to complete a deal. I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have a full slate of picks on the field by Sunday morning.

By Jason La Canfora | July 18, 2008; 11:38 AM ET

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/07/devin_thomas_agrees_to_terms.html?nav=rss_blog

Just curious, does anyone know how much cap room we'll have after we sign Davis (assume he fits in the middle of Thomas and Kelly in terms of $$$$)?

no need to worry about this. we will have plenty of room to fit the crazy hyped up unrealistic scenario you want to present to the ES faithful after you do actually find out how much cap room we have

Archived