Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Henry, Millionaire, 25 years old, broke

RedskinNutt

you can always tell your kids work hard, go to school and someday you can make in your lifetime a small fraction of what this dumbass makes. thats why I don't feel sorry for athletes who go broke.

seeing him and Vick go bankrupt has been pretty funny

$2.5 Million? All things considered, that not that hard to blow in 3 years. Taxes, money to pay your agent, lawyer fees, down payment for a house, and a car...what's he left with?

Though not suprising in the least.

$2.5 Million? All things considered, that not that hard to blow in 3 years. Taxes, money to pay your agent, lawyer fees, down payment for a house, and a car...what's he left with?

Funny that alot of athletes major in Communications, Parks and Recreation or some other lame major. If I were a college athlete, I'd major in accounting. I'd do my own contracts, my own accounting and my be my own agent/lawyer. Money goes in my pocket, nobody elses.

I know people who make a fraction of his annual salary, and live very, very comfortably in Northern VA- married, kids, multiple cars (nothing fancy) and no debt. Some of it might be equity they earned from flipping their house years ago, but still, they're not making 2.5 mil over 3 years.

This fool is single! And lives in Ohio, where housing prices (even the sick ones) don't come close to what's going on in McLean or Langley, VA. It's not like I thinking, Chris Henry, world traveler.

Maybe the constant lawyer fees took a chunk out of that loot. Besides that, and maybe a tricked out car, what did he blow the money on?

Funny that alot of athletes major in Communications, Parks and Recreation or some other lame major. If I were a college athlete, I'd major in accounting. I'd do my own contracts, my own accounting and my be my own agent/lawyer. Money goes in my pocket, nobody elses.

It would be pretty hard to do all that when you you're practicing and playing football.

Yeah 2.5million really isn't that much all things considered but he did bring this all upon himself.

It's not hard to blow, but it's not hard to save either. I doubt the majority of the people on this board have ever seen an amount that high, and I highly doubt most of us here are living in poverty either.

Agent fees aside, taxes, sure. I'm sure I could walk away with a cold million to put into a trust fund after agent fees, paying off a good house, and whatnot.

It's not hard to blow, but it's not hard to save either. I doubt the majority of the people on this board have ever seen an amount that high, and I highly doubt most of us here are living in poverty either.

Agent fees aside, taxes, sure. I'm sure I could walk away with a cold million to put into a trust fund after agent fees, paying off a good house, and whatnot.

I don't disagree with you at all, but when you consider who your dealing with, probably someone who has zero value of the dollar, and in a market like this...it's just not that suprising.

Saving money takes effort, even if it's $2.5 million in 3 years. Friends ask you for money, and having lawyers defend you for probably all 3 of those years could be 7 figures all by itself.

Archived