Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Williamsburg, VA Restaurants

ccsl2

I don't really know too much about Colonial Williamsburg, even though I work in newport news (20 mins. away). I just know they have a place called Burkley Commons. Its a whole bunch of outlet malls, and they have the Nike and Polo outlets stores there.

ANyways, here is a link for the dining area around there.

http://www.history.org/visit/diningExperience/

I think they still have the Beer Garden out there too :pint:

Confusingly, it's called "The Cheese Shop". :)

And I'd endorse it as a good deli to get a sandwich.

:laugh:

Yeah, what I got was a pretty killer grilled cheese sandwich. (I hear you saying you can get a grilled cheese anywhere, but not like this.)

If you wanna go kind of high class the Blue Talon Bistro is really nice. The Cheese Shop is great for lunch...if you wanna eat like a local though (a college student) the Wawa is the only way to go :) I would also reccomend going into the New Town shopping center, there's some nice places there to eat as well.

:laugh:

Yeah, what I got was a pretty killer grilled cheese sandwich. (I hear you saying you can get a grilled cheese anywhere, but not like this.)

You don't go to the Cheese Shop to get grilled cheese, you maroon! Deli meat is the place to be, trust me. Corned Beef on french with Havarti and Gouda and a side of the house dressing :drool:

Good stuffs! Their proscuitto and swiss on Ciabata aint bad either...

Go to Paul's Deli

Winner! Best Tortellini this side of Italy! God, it's wonderful! Great sandwiches, and if you like Baked Spaghetti with feta, well, just enjoy. Make sure you wear elastic waistband pants.

Second Street is also a pretty good place to eat in W-burg. I grew up eating there and the Sportsman Grille out near Kingsmill.

I did grow up 5 minutes from Pierces, and their BBQ is terrific. Really terrific.

Need to go eat now...

Plenty of good choices along Richmond Road. The small Hooters is always fun. The responses of Pierces and Pauls Deli are alos something you should try, Pauls Deli is a college bar/deli, nice atmosphere and Pierces know what they are doing with BBQ.

There is a Seafood Buffet in Colonial Williamsburg. I believe it's on Richmond highway, and it's called Captain (something's) Seafood Buffet. Good food, and plenty of it.

Captain Georges. A lot of good places to eat in Williamsburg. Where depends on how much you want to spend.

Opus 9 is a very good steakhouse. This is not a cheap place to eat.

This is located in New Town section. http://www.opus9steakhouse.com/

Pierce's BBQ is a must when visiting Williamsburg. If don't believe me, just

PM Pez.

Pierce's BBQ. It's incredible. Get the collard greens.

I'm going to second that vote in a big, big way!! I love that place!

Much better than all the pancake houses around there. There is also a bbq joint on the main drag in w-burg. I had a great meal there years ago but cannot recall the name.

For a little town, Williamsburg has some great places to eat. Do yourself a favor and stay away from all the chains on Richmond Road.

Anyways, here's my Williamsburg travel guide:

For Dinner:

Best restaurant in town: French place called Le Yaca it's near Busch Gardens. It's great food, but you'll pay for it.

In the same shopping center is an Italian restaurant Doraldo's It's more affordable and has a nice ambiance and good food.

Opus 9 that was mentioned earlier is pretty good too.

The colonial restaurants are ok, WAY overpriced, and they prepare the food in a central kitchen for all of them. Not worth it in my opinion.

Beer:

The Green Leafe 30+ beers on tap, tons of bottles, and a good time. This is the place that both the townies and the college kids go. Plus there really aren't many other options other than Pauls Deli. Food isn't much though, but the bowling team will have a good time.

Pauls is a nice little sportsbar that's very College oriented.

The College Delly needs all the business it can get, but I wouldn't recommend it to an out of towner, unless I wanted them to never come back.

Lunch/sandwiches:

The Cheese Shop is ok. The House Dressing is amazing.

Lenny's Gourmet is near the Cheese Shop, but has much better food and is less crowded.

Pierce's should not be missed either.

Can't forget Breakfast:

seriously. Williamsburg has more pancake houses than bars. Sad place for a College.

Archived