Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JC 4th most Unvervalued QB?

Thinking Skins

This is from the following link:

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2008/08valueqb0-1.php

Mike Brown - Since last season, all the Redskins have done is go out and acquire even more weapons for the passing game. If you thought the Redskins threw the ball last season, wait until you see this year. Despite missing three games a year ago, Campbell finished as the QB18. So even if all he does is exactly what he did last season, he provides value.

David Dodds - In just 13 games, Jason Campbell finished as the 18th best QB last season. This offseason the Redskins added two dynamic WRs (Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly) and 1 TE (Fred Davis) through the draft. Washington also gets the benefit of playing one of the weakest schedules against the pass. Look for Jason Campbell to break out in 2008.

Marc Faletti - There's a reason the Redskins spent their top draft picks on 2 wideouts and a tight end -- the Jim Zorn era will be all about the pass. Campbell may never be the guy to put a team on his back, but with Portis taking pressure off the Washington air attack, Campbell could rise from fantasy backup to capable starter in 2007.

Cecil Lammey - The Redskins didn't draft weapons like Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly to run the ball more; they want to get pass happy in Washington! Campbell has been steadily improving over his career and now gets to be tutored by the great Jim Zorn. While he may not be a top 10 QB, he should finish well ahead of QB21.

Jeff Tefertiller - Jason Campbell got a much-needed improvement to his receiving group through the April NFL Draft. The Redskins drafted two very good prospects in Thomas and Kelly. With a strong run game, Jason Campbell will not have to bear the entire burden for the Redskin offense. In addition, Zorn will help the progress of the young quarterback.

The guys listed above him are Aaron Rogers, Jake Delhomme, and Matt Leinart. The only thing is that I've never heard of most of these guys so I don't take their word to mean much. But with all the talk about how the media hates the skins, I thought this might lighten the mood.

Interesting. The truth is this is ALWAYS a wait and see league. Last year's numbers don't mean a damn thing come camp time. No one, whether you've heard of them or not, has a clue how things are going to shape out. So, people who get all upset about the media need to calm down. Though, it is nice to hear some positive things every now and then.

I can't argue with that list. I think Delhomme is THE most underrated QB in the NFL, and Leinart and Rogers do merit consideration, as does JC. However, those 3 are all "wait-and-sees" which is why they are undervalued. I'd add Bulger to the list also. His injuries have slid him down the totem pole, but when healthy he is very good, IMO.

I agree that JC is underrated. I wonder what the "experts" think they know that makes him such an iffy QB. Last year he showed marked improvement from week 1 to the time of his injury, and he had as good a year as any first-year starter not named Roethlisberger.

I don't expect Jason to be the second coming of Joe Montana, but I think he's capable of ranking among the top 10-15 QBs in the league, which is pretty good.

Delhomme and Bulger have already produced noteworthy passing games in the NFL.

Leinart somewhat, mainly due to his great receiving corps.

Campbell and Rodgers have not established themselves as passing threats.

All of these guys could break out next year. Fantasy football owners might want to look at at all of these guys as the second tier behind the Mannings, Palmers, McNabbs and Cutlers.

Delhomme and Bulger have already produced noteworthy passing games in the NFL.

Leinart somewhat, mainly due to his great receiving corps.

Campbell and Rodgers have not established themselves as passing threats.

All of these guys could break out next year. Fantasy football owners might want to look at at all of these guys as the second tier behind the Mannings, Palmers, McNabbs and Cutlers.

Leinart isn't anymore proven than JC. If JC hasn't established himself as a passing threat then neither has Leinart.

Archived