Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get my Redskins Database

rtandler

I’ve been using tool to help analyze the Washington Redskins roster and sort out who’s who. It’s an Excel spreadsheet that I have cleverly named “Redskins Spreadsheet”.

There’s no point in keeping such a great resource to myself, so I’m going to make it available to any and all Redskins fans who want it.

I actually hijacked the spreadsheet from a friend of mine who is a Steelers fan. It has a ton of details about each player and it’s sortable by each column. So, if you want to sort the roster to see who’s the oldest, heaviest, tallest, or sort by position, or any other way, you can do it at the click of a mouse.

There’s also a tab with a depth chart (unofficial, of course), one with a variety of stats about the roster such as a breakdown of how many current Redskins were drafted in each round and how many players the team has at each position.

There’s a schedule tab that will become much more useful when the games start, one with the current coaching staff (can’t tell your coaches without a scorecard these days), and another that has the 2007 individual stats. When the season starts, of course, this one will be replaced with the ’08 stats.

I’m working on a salary cap chart and a few other features that will roll out between now and the start of the season. But I figure that it’s useful to the average hard-core Redskins fan as it is, so there’s no point in waiting until it’s perfect before I share it.

It’s in Excel ’97 so that version or higher will be needed to get the most out of it. You also can open and view it on Open Office, but it won’t be sortable and the formatting will be off a bit.

It’s simple to get the spreadsheet and updates as they become available. Just shoot me your email at rich.tandler+sheet@gmail.com .

This is not an automated system, so be sure to include your email in the body of the message. Of course, I won’t use your email address for any purpose other than to send you the spreadsheet. And if you decide you don’t want to get it any more just let me know.

I’ll send out updates once or twice between now and training camp and then weekly from the start of camp through the end of the season.

Tandler, you are the ****!

Love my paperback Gut Check you signed for me in 2004.

Thank you, both for the kind words and for getting the thread back on track. :D

I've had threads hijacked before but never quite like this! :no:

Thank you, both for the kind words and for getting the thread back on track. :D

I've had threads hijacked before but never quite like this! :no:

Any future radio appearances planned?

It was your day on 980 just b/f the start of Gibbs 2.0 that I learned of your scribe. A great warm up to the 2004 season.

Why don't you upload this to a free hosting site like Rapidshare or Megaupload? All you would have to do is upload it to their site, and they give you a download link which you can post on your blog and ES.

It would be a lot easier on you. Also, no e-mail would be involved.

Archived