Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asking the dealer how much they bought the car for??

gortiz

No but they also don't add steak delivery fees, and other BS fees when you already agreed to a price.

Sorry car dealers have earned their reputation and they have no incentive to correct it. Im sure like most industries there are a few good ones out there but usually they are hard to find.

I agree that most car dealers are like this.

But again, there is plenty of information on the web to prepare you so that it is straight forward to ignore their games.

I had a buddy who had an uncle who owned a car dealership and he claims that he paid $8500 for a brand new car that retailed for $20,000. The $8500 was what his Uncle paid including shipping, taxes, etc... thats like a 120% markup.

I dont know if this was all true but I know that Uncle was freaking loaded and owned 3 dealerships.

I had a buddy who had an uncle who owned a car dealership and he claims that he paid $8500 for a brand new car that retailed for $20,000. The $8500 was what his Uncle paid including shipping, taxes, etc... thats like a 120% markup.

I dont know if this was all true but I know that Uncle was freaking loaded and owned 3 dealerships.

I think you can get that kind of margin on stolen cars, but thats about it.

Not even close. The avg. profit margin on new cars is 8-10%. The used market is all over the place but, again, $1700-2000 is considered healthy and average.

Archived