Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone taken the LSATs?

Hubbs

How'd you get your hands on those?

Go to your local Borders or Barnes and Noble and you can buy books with 10 exams a piece. The only downside to this is that they're 4 sections each (missing an experimental section). You can easily compensate for test length using other LSAT exams. Also, considering the recent revisions to the exam, the reading comprehension sections don't include the comparative passages. The concept is still the same and you can take a sample version of a comparative passage on LSAC's website.

If you have the money and the time, take the class. If you want to go to lawschool, and you want to go to the best possible school, remember that your LSAT score is essentially one of two criteria that you will be evaluated on. Think of it this way.... You've spent tens of thousands of dollars on your undergraduate education, in addition to several years of your life. Yet your LSAT score is just as important, if not more so, than your GPA to those who review your application.

On the other hand, if your just going to law school to avoid getting a job, I'd suggest the home study course.

How could you figure it out? I thought it was top secret

I was able to figure mine out, I had the same problem as PleaseBlitz. I actually loved logic games and got to a point where I was hititng about 90% accuracy. However, when I took the test, first section was logic games, and I nailed them. Then the fourth section was also games. I panicked, which was never good, and since I had done tons of the previous exams that were released, I knew the 4th section was the official one based on the question content and difficulty.

You want practice tests:

http://www.amazon.com/More-Actual-Official-LSAT-PrepTests/dp/0979305039/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213822579&sr=8-3

Here was the most recent released one, from January 2008:

http://www.amazon.com/Official-LSAT-PreTest-53/dp/0979305012/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1213822632&sr=1-1

The most recent one, as in from this past monday, will probably be released in about a month.

On the other hand, if your just going to law school to avoid getting a job, I'd suggest the home study course.

It's much more likely that I'll get a job to avoid going to law school.

So the mysterious "experimental" section is always in the same format as one of the other sections?

It's much more likely that I'll get a job to avoid going to law school.

So the mysterious "experimental" section is always in the same format as one of the other sections?

correct, so on your test, you always have one games, 2 reasoning, and 1 reading comp section. The fake section will be one of those, and you better hope it's reading comp or games, because having 3 reasoning sections will not be fun even though one is not counted. I hate how they usually put the fake section in the beginning as that is when you are in your prime and more alert.

What area/schools would you be thinking of? As always, www.lsac.org is a great site for viewing what it would take to get in.

Hubbs, I agree with others on here that the class is worth it.

LSAT and SAT are worlds apart. Kaplan is good. It gives you some structure, they grade your tests, they have huge test banks to work from, and you really get to learn the test and your strengths and weaknesses on it.

Basically, it worked for me. You still have to put in your own effort, but that's obvious. But, I personally thought the class was a good investment.

I was able to figure mine out, I had the same problem as PleaseBlitz. I actually loved logic games and got to a point where I was hititng about 90% accuracy. However, when I took the test, first section was logic games, and I nailed them. Then the fourth section was also games. I panicked, which was never good, and since I had done tons of the previous exams that were released, I knew the 4th section was the official one based on the question content and difficulty.

If you have a decent memory and a few other people to work it out with, its possible.

PB, is it that not everyone has the same experimental section, so you can figure it out because it's the only one that doesn't match up, or like Mr. S did you just figure it was the most difficult or unusual one?

PB, is it that not everyone has the same experimental section, so you can figure it out because it's the only one that doesn't match up, or like Mr. S did you just figure it was the most difficult or unusual one?

The first one. My experimental section was easy. My real logic games section was hard as ****. :mad:

Archived