Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp and Stadium Questions.

“Misdirection”

Ok guys. So I turned 15 2 weeks ago and my dad wants to do something special for my Birthday. He's decided that he's gonna take me to Training camp and a game as well.

He needs to know soon when Training camp is so he can set his vacation days up. If any of you have any insight as to this it would be greatly appreciated.

The other is: what are good seats to watch the game? I don't want to be too close, because then I won't be able to see anything, but I don't want to be so far away that It's hard to see. What is a good seat around the 50 yard line to be able to see the game clearly?

Thanks for your help.

I enjoy the upper deck may be to far for you but, the advantage is you see the whole play develop and what area the offense thinks they can attack and be successful. Pay close attention and see something on a play that was open and missed, few plays later they come back to it (coaches working from the box) cool stuff

I have seats in the sixth row behind the endzone. They are sweet. When the play is at your endzone, you can hear the guys talking smack, the QB calling the snap count, and it's like an HD TV times 100. When the play is at the other end, it's not as great, although it looks cool, sort of like when they use the skycam on TV, but it makes up for it when they're playing at your end. Sixth row is definitely not too close! Trust me, get the endzone seats.

LL, it's nice to see a fan as young as you so motivated to see the Redskins live. It's too bad you missed the really good years, but hopefully more will be on the way soon.

My favorite area to watch the game is the last 8 rows of the 100 level (that would be 20 something), or the first 8 rows of the 200 level, as close to the 50 as possible, and if you can get them on the homeside, that's a very nice bonus since the bench would be in front of you. You can also do a search if you want and get other opinions, as this has been discussed many times. :)

LL, it's nice to see a fan as young as you so motivated to see the Redskins live. It's too bad you missed the really good years, but hopefully more will be on the way soon.

My favorite area to watch the game is the last 8 rows of the 100 level (that would be 20 something), or the first 8 rows of the 200 level, as close to the 50 as possible, and if you can get them on the homeside, that's a very nice bonus since the bench would be in front of you. You can also do a search if you want and get other opinions, as this has been discussed many times. :)

Ya, I've been wantin to go for a while now. I'm hopeful that we have a great next couple of years with this group we have now.

Another question, which game should we go to? I was thinking Dalass.:wewantd:

I have seats in the sixth row behind the endzone. They are sweet. When the play is at your endzone, you can hear the guys talking smack, the QB calling the snap count, and it's like an HD TV times 100. When the play is at the other end, it's not as great, although it looks cool, sort of like when they use the skycam on TV, but it makes up for it when they're playing at your end. Sixth row is definitely not too close! Trust me, get the endzone seats.

I used to think endzone seats sucked until I sat in the front row of the endzone during a Maryland-Penn State game played in Baltimore (yes, 1980's). Buddy, you are so right....you are so close that you feel like you can reach out and touch the players, and when the action is coming right at you (like a bomb or any TD) it's really a cool perspective.

It's a myth that seats on the 50 yard line are the best. My brother has tickets on the 20 yard line 13 rows from the field, and when the Skins score on that side of the field, you're very close to the endzone and all the intensity involved with the red-zone....

The date for Training Camp has not been set yet.

This is correct but I would guess around July 21 camp to be going, maybe the players report a day or two prior. It will be earlier this year than last (so pay no attention to last year's schedule) because of the Hall of Fame Game first weekend in August.

Now, camp is open to the public only certain days and they will announce those. I think dad should shoot for that week or the next for vacation. But remember, still not announced so not for sure.

Otherwise the nudey bar with the no draws is the way to go.

I love our 400 seats....431 to be exact. You get to see every play develop and can focus on one particular player to see how he reacts, etc. and you also don't feel that far away. If you sat in the upper decks at RFK you felt a mile away.

Archived