Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gary Clark Article I Put Together

Chrisbob74

I watched Gary play all those years, and he was awesome. You make a very compelling case for why he should be inducted into the HOF, and i do hope at some point they give him some serious consideration.. I dont know many Redskins that were better in clutch situations than he was. I never realized he was that quick (4.38) though.. Someone once told me that he was kind of slow for a receiver hmmm so i guess one might say he was deceptively fast lol.. Anyway GREAT ARTICLE, and HAIL TO GARY CLARK!!

Nice article! I actually just made an argument in the HOF snub thread about how Gary should be in the HOF. His stats are about on par with Michael Irvin's, and Gary always played second fiddle to Art Monk on a team that was a run first offense.

Gary Clark FTW! :notworthy

Someone needs to get this article to someone with clout on the hall of fame committee. Of course all they will say is he only made signature plays, he wasn't consistant like Art Monk. :doh:

And then you could throw this at them; "he managed to catch at least 50 balls in both his two seasons as a Cardinals, making him the first man in NFL history to catch at least 50 passes every season in his first ten NFL seasons."

I'd say that was pretty consistent. :D

Lets face it, Gary has number comparable to Irvins', playing at a time when the game was more geared to defence, sharing the ball with Art Monk and never having a franchise QB. There really isnt anyway you can say he doesnt deserve to be there.

Gary is another guy that lost some numbers because of the USFL. He caught 66 passes for 821 yds and 2 TD's during his stint with the Jacksonville Bulls. If you combine those stats with his NFL stats, he has 765 catches for 11,677 yards and 67 TD's. That's 15 more catches, only 227 less yards and 2 more TD's than Michael Irvin.

Seeing as it's called the "Pro Football Hall of Fame", I think USFL stats should count as well. Those number, accumulated BEFORE and during Michael Irvin's career should EASILY have garnered MUCH more HOF consideration that he received.

Good job man, I bookmarked that site, very good reading material on there.

Thanks.

Not to try and spam the site, but just so people understand where it comes from, footballdiner.com is a site wrote by British/Irish fans. It came about after the one magazine in Britain and Ireland about the NFL (First Down) folded a year or so ago due to being made irrelevant by the internet.

Many UK fans are hardcore followers of the game and in my case, I have followed the Skins since the mid-80's.

Archived