Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adam Schein "Good Team, Bad Team" (P.O.S. talking trash about the Skins on "The Fan")

#98QBKiller

QFT. That article (wish I knew the link to it) was the final straw for any respect I ever had for Schein. I listen to him a lot on Sirius (despite his grating voice), but I really don't like him any more.

His bias was so evident. The exact things he was slamming the Redskins for in the Zorn hire were the same things he was praising the Ravens for in hiring Harbaugh. He called the Ravens hire thinking out of the box but the Redskins were just stupid in hiring the inexperienced Zorn.

This guy wrote an article slamming the Skins for hiring Zorn because he had no previous Coordinator experience and then turned around and praised the Ravens hire of John Harbaugh in the very next paragraph. Obviously, take him with a grain of salt. :2cents:

Yea, your right. No way the Bills make the playoff because of that....:doh:

He mentioned the drafting of James Hardy as one of the reasons he thinks they will make the playoffs. Don't think that's going to help their cause....neither is being in the same division as the Patriots.

I think it's his smarmy, condescending attitude towards the Skins that sets people off..."This is the easiest question you've ever asked me", as if it's laughable that the Skins might do well again. It'd be VERY easy for him to have said "I could actually see all 12 teams doing well again next season, but you have to go with the Redskins simply because they have a new uproven coach, a new offensive scheme, new receivers, and didn't really do much to improve the D-line."

Instead he uses that irritating tone to dismiss Zorn's chances simply because he's never been an OC (as if being an OC is mandatory for success as an HC), claims the Skins "didn't address the O-line" (funny, I could have sworn the Skins drafting Reinhart helped do just that), casually brushes off the Skins' level of talent as inferior to the rest of the division (he must define "talent" based on fantasy football stats), and calls the team "a mess".

Exactly.

he is a known skins hater, just ignore him

Your statement is completely irrelevant to the subject at hand. An Argumentum Ad Hominem shouldn't be posted on a message board that prides itself on having more sophisticated discussions than on rival boards, especially by a pseudo mod such as yourself. Why don't you attack Shein's argument rather than a personal characteristic of his that is totally irrelevant to the discussion. Ever stop to consider that his actual argument may be valid despite being a "skins hater"?

I couldn' t have said it better myself. What would you say if a team squeeked into the playoffs with their backup QB, had a first year HC, new coordinators and offense to learn? Plus a QB that has proved nothing in the NFL to this point?

Wait..What did you just say? Proved nothing? EXCUSE me? Campbell is a solid QB and has shown many times why he is a first round pick. See the dallas game, the lions game, the eagles game, etc.

Back on topic, a pretty homer analysis. He is not aware that most of our vets played in a version of the WCO including Jason. The change won't be as dramatic to them as this guy thinks. By year 2 of WCO, the team will be on the same page.

his voice makes me want to gauge out my ears...doesn't really provide any solid facts as far as analysis goes...so we have a rookie head coach...whatever...our defensive schemes are going to stay the same with Blanche, and the D has been carrying this team for awhile now...the only thing that is going to change in my opinion is our offense which can only be a good thing. The O under Gibbs, while ok, wasn't anything spectacular and that is what I am expecting under Zorn. We will be getting back several of our starters on the O line which will greatly benefit us.

Who cares what this douche says.

-paul.

Adam is on Sirus radio and he can be painful to listen to. He is stating fact about our team. Coaches who have never been coaches, no d lineman drafted early and superior division rivals. So what, we have to start somewhere, our draft and defense returning are positives!!!

Adam is on Sirus radio and he can be painful to listen to. He is stating fact about our team. Coaches who have never been coaches, no d lineman drafted early and superior division rivals. So what, we have to start somewhere, our draft and defense returning are positives!!!

he stated no fact just weak opinion

Jim Harbaugh whom has never been an O or D coordinator is Scheins great new young head coach. now jim zorn has been a QB coach on the NFL level,and O coordinator at the college level.he's playing the inexperience card on zorn when Jim Harbaugh,his homeboy is equally as inexperienced with controlling a whole team.

yet schien dumps on Zorn and the redskins whenever he can. that's far from fact based evidence,and Schien is a know NYer and Giants fan.

he says we are weak at CB,our roster says we aren't.

sure we didn't draft D-line early but none of the ones on the board were worth our picks. if we took calias campbell they would have said he's a run stuffer and can't get after the QB,and ditto for philip merling. because he's not a pass rushing DE.

if your the redskins your damned if you do,and your damned if you don't. there is no pleasing the media.

i actually think the bills have a good shot this year. and saying the skins will fail is just a safe guess especially for the question which team will fail that made it in the postseason..with a new coach etc its easier to knock us down then anyone else.

Let him and the rest of the media discount the Skins. It's a safe statement for him to make. With mix up of HC and offensive schemes. He has a better chance of being right than wrong. He knows that and is counting on that. If he's wrong, all he has to do is not comment about being wrong. If he's right, then its "i told you so ville".

Watch, i'll do it. McNabb will have some type of injury this year.

Nope -- I actually just edited my post to note that the video wouldn't play. But I stand by my stance that expecting the 'Skins to do poorly does not make someone a jerk.

Now that quality posting... i didnt watch what we are discussing and i stand by my opinion on it :).

Just did. The "analysis" wasn't exactly insightful or unique -- and his voice is a little grating -- but I still don't know why you seem personally offended by him.

:whoknows:

You obvoiusly don't listen to Sirius NFL radio. This assclown has a daily radio show. He has a long history of negative comments with an occasional backhanded compliment for the skins.

Now that quality posting... i didnt watch what we are discussing and i stand by my opinion on it :).

I know that sounded bad ... but why would I need to see the video to decide, on principle, whether somebody can/should be considered a "P.O.S." or a "****ing douche" based solely on how that person believes the 'Skins will perform? You could show me a video of the person berating other folks, scaring small children, or committing some other act of douchebaggery, and I might agree that the person is a jerk -- but not just because he thinks that the Redskins will do poorly. Heck, plenty of perfectly respectable posters on here think that the team's headed for a down year. Put simply, there's a difference between having an annoying schtick (and giving poor analysis) and being a bad person. And there's no need to watch a video to understand that.

Also, you'll notice that I did watch the video as soon as I could.

I couldn' t have said it better myself. What would you say if a team squeeked into the playoffs with their backup QB, had a first year HC, new coordinators and offense to learn? Plus a QB that has proved nothing in the NFL to this point?

Hilarious coming from an Eagle jock-sniffer. The Redskins "squeaked" (you misspelled the word, btw) into the playoffs - how'd the Eagles do, EagleFan? Eliminated by their 13th game or something, weren't they?

At least the Redskins aren't one RB injury away from being a complete train wreck, as we saw in 2005 with the Eagles. Not to mention that the Eagles have a QB that can't stay healthy, and, behind him, QBs that have proven nothing in the NFL to this point. Don't forget the Eagle OL that has two geezers playing T and backups that are little more than turnstiles for opposing DL.

But, yeah, the Redskins are on shaky ground :thumbsup:.

i dont really understand where someone comes off claiming the eagles have more talent than the skins without giving even a hint of a reason why. i really cannot see how that is true, and im not wearing rose colored glasses.

the eagles really arent that good anymore.

Is it me, or does Adam "floor" Shein sound pretty annebriated in that commentary? I think the dude is wasted.

He must to think that The SKins have so much less talent than the rest of the NFCE. If thats true, why are we splitting the series pretty much every year as of late. I think we match up pretty evenly talent wise to any NFCE team. The big "?" is how well Zorn, Blache and whomever our OC is, performs on the sidelines this year.

Even when we were winning Super Bowls we were not considered a very talented team. They gave Joe Gibbs all the credit for getting smart, hard working and motivated players. The Skins have never gotten the credit for having all the talent. We the Giants more talented then the Patriots now but they sure kicked their butts in the Super Bowl and that is all that matters. Winning the games you need to win in the Playoffs.

Archived