Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best moment that you've seen live AT THE GAME:

NewCliche21

Redskins @ Cardinals in 2005. From Taylor's early INT and intimidating J.J. Arrington on 4th down to Portis riding the "Mike Sellers train" to the endzone, and just being inside Sun Devil Stadium, seeing the majority of the stadium filled with Burgundy & Gold.

49ers @ Redskins in 1998. Monday Night game, and even though we were blown out (45-10 I think), I remember Darrell Green running down Jerry Rice and preventing a touchdown on that play; just witnessing Darrell's speed live....simply AMAZING.

Anything at RFK was memorable. The sound, the atmosphere, the smell.

The best moment for me was either the seat cushion game (everyone I know who was there will remember that one forever). Besides raining the seat cushions onto the field, that was my most memorable "We Want Dallas" moment ever. At age 12 it was a beauty.

The next game against Detroit was a good one. I also enjoyed the only playoff game at FedEx against Detroit where Gus was sacked on the first play by Greg Jones. It was certainly the loudest that stadium has ever been.

For some reason the game I'll never forget is the first game of the '91 season against Detroit. 45-0. It just started the season out right for an 11 year old.

I remember the scabs and a good part of that '87 squad, but not enough to honestly say they are my "best" memories.

It's hard to forget Riggo coming back in uniform, Butz and his helmet, or D. Green's retirment game. But those weren't actual games, they were just moments that happened on a field.

In all truthfulness, my best memories have to do with talking to the scalpers before the games, seeing the "Monks," sitting at the top and booing Norv and other Dallas assistants as they walked up to the booth. Not to mention sitting with my grandparents in their last years at RFK, when hot chocolate and sandwiches weren't considered banned items. I miss those days and have been desperately trying to get them back ever since. I think I've only recently come to terms with the fact that they are forever in the past. Having this past year be the first that I did not see a game live may have something to do with it, but I'm sure there will be plenty more great memories to enjoy.

I often find myself living vicariously through MTH, twenty-eight and others who still make their way to the stadium as often as possible.

05 Skins stomping of the Cowboys. That came was by far THE BEST game I have ever been to.

I am undefeated in regular season games BTW.

02 Rams - Arrington punishes Warner to preserve Victory

03 Jets - The "Former Jets" take it to the current Jets

05 Cowboys - ASS WHOPPIN!

Easy...

1.) As a kid, Monday night, Ken Houston stopping Walt Garrison on the 1 yard line to seal the victory against the cowboys. That was my first Redskins game, courtesy of a family friend who couldn't make it that night and my dad who even though it was a school night understood that I might not have many chances to see them play.

2.) Dexter Manley knocking Danny White out of the game and Darryl Grant's INT in the championship game. Due to the strike that season, championship tix went up for sale to the general public one day only that year. Me and 2 friends spent the night outside at RFK to get in line for tix. (I almost caught fire that night, but that's a story for another day). Limit at the sale was 2 tix per person. Ended up with lowers on 'Skins side at about the 20.

3.) Redskins vs. Lions playoff game. Tre Johnson got booted, and Brad Johnson essentially hip-tossed some lineman from Detroit during the scrum. (Can't recall that guys name). After it happened, BJ kind of flexed and pumped his fists. First playoff game at Fed Ex. We sure thought there would be more after that... and also thought they would keep Johnson. Always liked that guy.

I've only had the privilege of being able to go to one game, but it was a good one(despite being in the Spurrier era). The best moment of that game was at halftime when they had the 70 greatest Redskins introduced. I got to see the two men I idolized as a child, Art Monk and Darrell Green, among many other greats. To top it off we won against the Peyton Manning led Indianapolis Colts...although either Marvin Harrison or Edge was out that game:)

Look at those fans! They're actually leaping up and down. I'm jealous...

We need a moment like that at Fedexfield

I thought the overtime against Jacksonville was close, now though it wasn't an NFC Championship game, they were still going nuts, also Portis's first run, the block against Dallas, as I said though, might not be as great because it wasn't an NFC Championship, and of course it wont "rock" technically.

But I'll tell you one thing, go to a DC United game, it still rocks.

• Taylor's fumble recovery, returned for a soaring TD against the Iggles in Philly in '05. I was in the 2nd row lower level 15 yard line.
  • Portis' TD run after beergate that same game
  • Taylor's return after the blocked FG, then Novak's FG against Dallass
  • Moss' TD catch in OT against the Jags
  • Cooley's TD catch against the Panthers
  • Antonio Brown blowing kisses to the fans in Arizona on his way to the end zone on a PR, in '05. It was like a home game.
  • CP's first carry as a Skin, to the house against TB

3.) Redskins vs. Lions playoff game. Tre Johnson got booted, and Brad Johnson essentially hip-tossed some lineman from Detroit during the scrum. (Can't recall that guys name). After it happened, BJ kind of flexed and pumped his fists. First playoff game at Fed Ex. We sure thought there would be more after that... and also thought they would keep Johnson. Always liked that guy.

I think it was Robert Porcher

2) Jacksonville 30, Washington 36 in OT. I remember the play before Moss's catch. Cooley had caught the ball with his toes in bounds, but the dumbass refs said that he didn't (I was four rows from the top on the opposite side of the field, so maybe he didn't, but whatever), and I was furious. That was supposed to put us in position to kick a field goal and end the damned thing. While I was still bitter over that play, what happens? Brunell throws a sure interception to two Jaguars while Moss happened to be in the area. Then, out of nowhere, Moss leaps up between the defenders, snatches the ball out of the air as only he can do, does a double axel or lutz or whatever the hell it's called, and sprints to the endzone. Wow.

That's one of mine. Probably the best game I've been to.:applause:

Other than that, I really liked the moment before the Bills game last season. I never thought I'd be bawlin' at a live football game.

i was there when vincent blocked the fg, and taylor returned it to set up the game winning fg against dallas in '06.

another memorable moment was the first game i ever went to, in 2000, stephen davis' 48 yard touchdown run in the 4th to beat the ravens.

seeing darrell green's last game was nice, as well.

I've been to many games, only seen the skins lose a few times live, maybe 2 or 3. Best moments:

05 dallas COOOOLEEY.

06 dallas, block, ST return, Novak.

06 seattle, missed FG( i was sitting in that endzone when they missed) then we make a FG

also saw DG's last game as well.

1983....Joe Theisman bringing the Skins back from the dead against the Raiders at RFK. I think the Raiders were up 2 or 3 TDs early in the 4th quarter. With 10 minutes to play the Skins even recovered an onside kick. Theisman passed for over 400 yards, and he hit RB Joe Washington for the winning TD across the middle. 37-35 was the final score. After the game, Theismann said that if that game had been the Super Bowl, it would have gone down in history as the greatest game ever played.

Archived