Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is this years surprise team?

Skins&Bones

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think anyone will suprise and make the playoffs (no one did last year either though)

I think 2-3 NFC east teams make the playoffs

The Vikes or Bears in the north

The Saints in the south (Panthers may get wild card slot)

And the Seahawks win the west

In the AFC all the same teams make the playoffs imo. Only one I think may change is Tennessee, with Cleveland possibly getting that spot.

I like KC this year. They play in a fairly weak division with only SD being a legit contender. LJ should actually be in football shape this year and Kolby Smith looked pretty good too. Glenn Dorsey should be a hell of a player, and they have Tank Tyler and Turk McBride each with a year of experience and conditioning to hopefully take things up a notch.

I see big question marks at corner but I like their LB's and DL. Dwayne Bowe and Gonzalez should be good enough to make some kind of passing attack.

Maybe its just because I'm watching reruns of Hard Knocks?

I like KC this year. They play in a fairly weak division with only SD being a legit contender. LJ should actually be in football shape this year and Kolby Smith looked pretty good too. Glenn Dorsey should be a hell of a player, and they have Tank Tyler and Turk McBride each with a year of experience and conditioning to hopefully take things up a notch.

I see big question marks at corner but I like their LB's and DL. Dwayne Bowe and Gonzalez should be good enough to make some kind of passing attack.

Maybe its just because I'm watching reruns of Hard Knocks?

Don't forget their lack of a decent QB...

And despite those questions at CB and QB, they've VASTLY improved themselves. Damn near best draft this year IMHO.

Herm Edwards might actually have formed a formidable team...

Carolina to me will be the surprise team this year. Its their year to win the NFC South. No team in that division has won it in back to back years. We all Atlanta has no shot in hell, unless some miracle happens. That division will between N.O. and CAR. Fox on the hotseat the Panthers got their claws out this year.
The Panthers will not be a surprise this year. I don't think they will go better than 8-8, maybe 9-7 and squeek into the playoffs. Their defense is not doing that good, Peppers can't buy a sack, Jenkins is gone, Morgan is done and Rucker retired. Beason is going to be a great player, but that defense is not the same as it was a few years ago.

Then you have Jake Delhome. Perhaps one of the luckiest, and at the same time, ****iest QBs in the league. They have no depth at QB. The only proven offensive weapon they have is Steve Smith. Moose is old and will not be a factor. Jarret still has to prove himself. Don't even get me started at the RB position, Williams has to prove himself.

The Vikings are going to be "Cinderella" team this year. They have a KILLER D, not to mention a HOF caliber running game. If Tavaris Jackson can improve slightly they will in their Division and POSSIBLY have a first round bye.

My pick would have be Minnesota, although they still have QB issues their team has improved. Although I'm not sure if that would qualify as they were 8-8 last year. If you are looking for a bottom 10 team(excluding New Orleans, which just had an off year and was lucky to have the worst SOS of the 7-9 teams), I would have to go with the Kansas cCity. They play in a weak division outside of San Diego, and have had a great draft. It was Croyle's first year and he could be ready to have a Derek Anderson like season.

Got to be the boys out of Houston, last year they were 7-3 versus teams out of their conference, including a loss to atlanta, and 0-6 against their conference, which by the way put 3 teams in the playoffs. if they can steal just 2 games and win easier ones they could easily be a playoff team

risky call, but i actually think the Lions could have a good year this year, lets be real here, they have unbelieveable WRs and a QB who can be successful in there offense. There division got weaker, with the Packers losing there QB, and the Bears losing there top 2 receivers. I think they could compete for a wild card spot, since the Vikings will win the division. All they need is a little defense and i don't know if they have any of that...

Archived