Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton: Two things about the Skins (Fred Davis) and Sportsnation tidbit

corrupt3d

Okay, so you do what you gotta do (get a better sleeping situation). Good move Fred.

Now be a big boy and ASK for a WAKE-UP call at the same freaking time (just like us working stiffs).

Hey Coach Zorn, I can get this guy on time to any Redskins function fairly cheap (much cheaper than his contract, trust me). PM me for cost details.:D

I think everything just caught up with Fred. The Draft I am sure is stressful, the travel, and he is a west coast guy on east coast time. Hopefully this is just a single incident, where the mental and physical stresses caught up with him in the middle of the night.

If have have ever been in a similar situation, you can relate....

He couldn't sleep Saturday night because his roommate wouldn't shut up. So he went to the desk of the hotel and asked for a different room. He slept until 11 a.m., and the team couldn't find him because he wasn't in the right room.

1) Didn't his roommate notice Davis not there in the morning?

2) If his roommate knew that Davis was switching rooms before he went to bed, wouldn't he have told the coaching staff when everyone realized Davis wasn't there?

3) If his roommate did tell the coaching staff, how hard is it to call the front desk and ask "Can I have Fred Davis' room, please?" lol...

Jason Reid was on the John Thompson show and said that Davis had gone out on Saturday night and it wasn't clear whether he was actually in the hotel.

At that point, BMitch had a lot to say about the screw-up.

Hmmm, something smells fishy.

Jason Reid was on the John Thompson show and said that Davis had gone out on Saturday night and it wasn't clear whether he was actually in the hotel.

At that point, BMitch had a lot to say the screw-up.

Hmmm, something smells fishy.

and in Claytons report he supposedly didn't like how much his roommate was talking and switched rooms.

1.) who was his roommate?

2.) was he out all night or was he really trying to get sleep?

I'm not too worried, unless this becomes habit. But some of the story just doesn't make sense.

for those who don't know tryon he is this guy

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/redskins/2008/04/the_press_corps_new_darling_da.html

Asked if he knew who the Redskins have at cornerback, Tryon didn't mention Shawn Springs, Fred Smoot or Carlos Rogers, who have combined for 19 years as NFL starters. Here's what Tryon said. "It really don't matter. It's my spot to take."

Asked about covering taller wideouts, the 5-foot-9 Tryon said, "I prefer the taller receivers because I can control their bodies a little more. The little receivers are more shifty. I love to compete so I'm looking forward to guarding the T.O.s and the Chad Johnsons."

Asked what he brings as a kick returner, Tryon, who only had 12 returns in two years at Arizona State, said, "I bring explosion. Anytime I catch the ball, at least I'm going to get you to the 50."

He's just a little full of himself.

Archived