Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Live: NFC East Off-Season Review

RenegadeTK

Todd McShay was saying we had the best draft because we selected Devin Thomas who will fit the WCO and Malcolm Kelly, who had the best hands in the draft will help us at 6'4. Also he liked our pick with Fred Davis and the 3rd rd pick who we selected.

fools seem to think jon jansen and randy thomas died and fell off the earth...

I don't know but the other guy besides mark schlereth tried to say the skins still had holes on the O&D-line

our O-line is completely fine and manageable right now unless we have more injuries than last year,which would be very tough to do...

D-line is aging but guys like carter/montgomery/golston/chris wilson are still developing and getting better.

John Clayton basically just said that the Eagles had the best offseason additions.

Listed the draft picks.

Todd McShay says Redskins had the best draft of the NFC East.

Devon Thomas-great fit in WCO

Fred Davis, second best athlete at the TE position in this draft

Kelly-Best hands for WR in draft

Chad Rinehart can play tackle or guard, future starter

Redskins need to fill holes on lines.

Is Dr. Z Paul Zimmerman?

If he is he just looked like an idiot on NFL Live.

They reviewed the 83 draft and he said basically said Marino would be a bust and the only QB that will be remembered will be Tony Eiason. :laugh:

Let's Hope for the Superbowl.....but just tell ourselves 5-11--due to a junior coach, new system....etc.

Then you will be happy regardless of our final record.

Exactly. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Is Dr. Z Paul Zimmerman?

If he is he just looked like an idiot on NFL Live.

They reviewed the 83 draft and he said basically said Marino would be a bust and the only QB that will be remembered will be Tony Eiason. :laugh:

Well, Tony Eason and Dan Marino both went to the same number of Super Bowls and both won the same number of super bowls. So for all the statistics that Marino accomplished, the end result was not much different than Tony Eason.

Ok, I have some free time, so let me get this on the table.

At first I did not LOVE the draft. I thought The first pick was solid, but I did not get why we got a tight end with our second pick. And with the third we get another Wide Receiver..(like little John) Ahhh what? Our forth pick we go O-line and then we start going DB's in the forth and fifth round. The 6th round we go Punter and Colt Brennon, and finally go DE in the 7th. Ok that's the recap here is how I feel.

I think we did a good job of sticking to the board and picking the best available player, and not reaching for a player (I.e. NE Mayo-LB from Tennessee with the 9th pick) who fills a need but is not worth that pick. The one thing we did do with the first 3 picks is get 3 players who were all rated first round selections. Before we traded out of the 21st pick we would have had 2 first day picks, then we trade now we have 3 first day picks. From what I have heard we were going to take Devin Thomas with the 21st pick anyway, if we could not trade out of that spot. But we did trade out so when Devin Thomas was still there we took him. And he is regarded as the best WR in this draft. Then we picked up Fred Davis (TE USC). Now this was a WTF pick, we have Chris Cooley, a pro bowl TE that we just singed to a 7 year deal, who has been the #1 pass catcher for the past 2 years for us (most receptions and most TD's). But he is human, and he is one pulled hamstring, broken bone, concussion away from being on the bench. And if you take Cooley of the the field you put Todd Yoder on the field. That's right, Todd Yoder??? So why not have the NCAA best Tight End of 2007 season on your roster (On Tuesday he received the Mackey Award as college's top tight end). It was a free pick anyway.

Malcolm Kelly, This is the guy I wanted with the 21st pick from day one. 6-4 and still has great ability to jump up and get the ball out of the air. He is the red zone threat we have not had since....well in a long time. Why you draft 2 WR's in one draft, well I have a few answers to that. Because we were taking the Best player available. Not drafting because of needs.

People keep screaming we need D-line help. Our D-line did fine last year. Andre carter is a beast and we have a rotation of Marcus Washington, Philip Danales, and Chris Wilson on the other side who combined for 9 sacks. Our inside DT's are fine too. Yeah Cornelius Griffin is getting a little old but we have 2 guys we we drafted in 2006 who are coming around nicely (Anthony Montgomery, and Kedric Golston). We could have grabbed a OLB, because Washington is getting old and Rocky will not be 100% until early October, but we should be fine. Look, from the team we had last year on defense to the team we have this year on defense the only starter not returning is Sean Taylor (drafted by God). And our D ranked 8th last year.

At the end of the day we are telling teams, "you want to beast us 35 to 32 be our guest, but we are going to put 32+ up on you every game". No more of these 14 to 17 point games that come down to the last possession. We had to many of those close ones last year because we could not put teams away. This is a new Era, and Jason Campbell and Jim Zorn will lead us back to the promises land. Hail Skins.

Draft grade: B+

Mayo wasnt a reach....New England will draft the best person they feel is avaliable....Mayo may very well turn out to be defensive rookie of the year..and they filled their need at LB....thats why NE has been consistantly good over the past 7 years

Well, Tony Eason and Dan Marino both went to the same number of Super Bowls and both won the same number of super bowls. So for all the statistics that Marino accomplished, the end result was not much different than Tony Eason.

That's the stupidest thing I've read in a while. :doh:

I guess Larry Brown (3 SB) is better than Darrell Green (2 SB) then. :rolleyes:

thats a bit unfair... super bowls is not the only thing that matter in the "end result"

This is a new Era, and Jason Campbell and Jim Zorn will lead us back to the promises land. Hail Skins.

Draft grade: B+

OOOOOHHHH. What a post.:applause:

I am already convinced but the only people that are freaking out about the draft are ****s. We made our biggest weakness into our greatest weapon. Randel El scored the first WR TD in week 9 or something. We picked arguably 3 out of the 4 highest rated pass-catchers in the draft. Plus, you have to let Zorn pick the right players for his system. He knows how to run his offense. I for one cannot wait to see the offense this year.

And off topic, I believe that we would have been one of the best teams in the league last year if our o-line wasn't decimated for nearly the entire season. And we STILL made the playoffs. Disappointingly, Coach Gibbs didn't have much to work with before he retired. But he has completely rebuilt this team with the best high-character guys and athletes.

I'm a big fan of how the Skins have kept what Joe Gibbs built this offseason. Same team, fantastic draft, I'm lovin it.

Archived