Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRISCO views on Skins 08 Draft (Merged)

bj252004

More picks? Really? We traded picks with Atlanta and swapped a first, a third and a fifth for two seconds and a fourth.

We started with 9 picks and ended up with 9 picks. I guess his definition of more is different than mine.

we ended up with 10 picks

2 devin thomas

2 fred davis

2 malcon kelly

3 rinehart

4 tryon

6 brooks

6 moore

6 brennan

7 jackson

7 horton

this draft was awesome. we got two stud receivers, a most likely starting guard, a nickel corner, a beast of a punter, and a bunch of other depth guys. im still confused about the TE pick Fred Davis, but im sure he'll be a stud, just not too sure what were gonna do with him. maybe a fullback/Hback deal? who knows.

either way, im really excited about the guys we brought in. it pains me to say it, vinny did a good job.

I thought the draft was very good. I was right there with the concept that they needed to execute this draft and not give away picks for aging veterans. In a lot of ways the Bengals saved us from ourselves.

HOWEVER, why would it pain you to day Vinny did a great job? Do you not want him or our beloved Redskins to succeed? The way you put it makes you sound like a hater. I'm just saying.

Vinny did do a great job and showed a lot of people that you cannot put the weight of all our mistakes upon him alone. Quite frankly, Snyder deserves a little credit as well.

Mostly though, I'd like to nominate the Cinncinnati Bengals from saving our two first round picks. Never has such a bone-headed move been perpetrated in the NFL. Way to go, team!

we ended up with 10 picks

2 devin thomas

2 fred davis

2 malcon kelly

3 rinehart

4 tryon

6 brooks

6 moore

6 brennan

7 jackson

7 horton

Thanks. I guess what I saw posted by NBC was incorrect. They left out Moore.

http://www.nbc4.com/sports/16011055/detail.html

Draft Selections:

No. 2 (34th overall): Devin Thomas, WR, Mich. State (Images)

No. 2 (48th): Fred Davis, TE, USC (Images)

No. 2 (51st): Malcolm Kelly, WR, Okla. (Images)

No. 3 (96th): Chad Rinehart, OT, N. Iowa

No. 4 (103rd): Justin Tryon, CB, Ariz. St.

No. 6 (168th): Durant Brooks, P, Ga. Tech

No. 6 (186th): Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii

No. 7 (242nd): Rob Jackson, DE, Kansas St.

No. 7 (249th): Chris Horton, FS, UCLA

Take The Geico Sports Survey

Draft Tracker | Images

More picks? Really? We traded picks with Atlanta and swapped a first, a third and a fifth for two seconds and a fourth.

We started with 9 picks and ended up with 9 picks. I guess his definition of more is different than mine.

We had two picks on day one. Ended up with three. It's simple math by good friend. 3 is more then 2.

Hell, I think we got a B+ from Mel Kiper. When was the last time that ever happened?

Here's a better question. Who here feels like we had an A or B+ draft? I'm not sure I'd go quite that high. Three years from now, if we have guys running all over the field like the Patriots, maybe I'll say otherwise, but I'm still a little worried about our lines. Chad Rinehart and Rob Jackson are nice, but I'm not sure they're going to be a cure.

I'd give us a B+ not an A just on the fact we didn't really get better up front defensively...

But what a draft to bring in Devin Thomas, Fred Jones, AND Malcolm Kelly... We're not just bringing in free agents or trading for offensive help... We're drafting our own guys and letting them build through our system... We clearly didn't have pretty much any playmakers on offense last year... Great draft(Other than not getting better up front defensively, of course)... I love the Durant Brooks pick because he's obviously going to take the Punter job from Frost... Love the Colt Brennan pick because the WCO seems to be a great fit... He can sit back as the #3 and learn from Zorn...

Hell, I think we got a B+ from Mel Kiper. When was the last time that ever happened?

Here's a better question. Who here feels like we had an A or B+ draft? I'm not sure I'd go quite that high. Three years from now, if we have guys running all over the field like the Patriots, maybe I'll say otherwise, but I'm still a little worried about our lines. Chad Rinehart and Rob Jackson are nice, but I'm not sure they're going to be a cure.

But check out this UDFA we signed....i think he might be a huge steal

Redskins | Team signs K. Brown

Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:03:21 -0700

Josh Buchanan, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports the Washington Redskins have signed undrafted free-agent OG Kerry Brown (Appalachian State). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYOLd1PLC0

Thanks. I guess what I saw posted by NBC was incorrect. They left out Moore.

http://www.nbc4.com/sports/16011055/detail.html

You were actually correct in original assesment/critique of Prisco however. We traded 3 picks and received 3 picks in the trade with Atlanta which is the one he was referring to. The trades that gave us the tenth pick didn't occur until yesterday.

In one swelled foop ... our Vinny has become a genius!

Thats what happens when you have all your draft picks.Lets face it the picks the Skins have had the last few years have been pretty good.We always get ripped for the amount of picks not who we pick.

That is extremely high praise coming from Pete Prisco.

Other then my first initial reaction of "WTF? A TE?!!," and ignoring some of the over-the-top negativity, I feel pretty good about the team's draft. I think we especially got good value on the first day.

Thats what happens when you have all your draft picks.Lets face it the picks the Skins have had the last few years have been pretty good.We always get ripped for the amount of picks not who we pick.

Yeah, trading away draft picks for dubious reasons hasn't exactly endeared ourselves to draftniks.

We ended up with ten. That's five plus five for folks at home.

WE ended up with 10 picks, yo.

Damn, I see it's already been made clear and repsonded to by China. Well screw you guys! I'm not sorry for not reading the whole thread first!

So how about that 76 yard punt? Am I right? :D

Archived