Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something My Buddy Told Me (Rumor)

fdarugar

Who says they didn't research the market? Maybe, just maybe, they think that Johnson is what Campbell needs at WR and are willing to get a good one for a few picks. This is a weak draft class, and if you're going to trade your 1st pick for someone then this would be the best year. I'm sure they said that Johnson will have a bigger impact than any of the other receivers in the draft and are willing to give up some in order to get him. And that offer wasn't guaranteeing next year's #1, it was between rounds 1-3 depending on performance. Well, I hope it's 2 1st rounders because if that's the case then we'll probably have a lot more wins than losses.

I say they didn't research and that is based on Snyder's past before Gibbs came back, now he is back in full force. Ocho Stinko will not be the cause of us winning more games, not with Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas coming back from serious injury and let's add in Pete Kendall as well. If Snyder was smart about anything that would be getting some younger lineman that can play NOW!

With Moss, Randel El, Cooley add in Mix as the big possession over the middle target why would anyone think Ocho would do anything here? We need taller recievers not average height ones. If that was the case we could have kept Caldwell!

Anyway as I said, by this time tomorrow more will be revealed and Snyder is geeking to have some BIG SPLASH :2cents:

its not dumb. i dont want other teams stars here. im glad youd rather settle for us just buying everybody else. id like our own tom brady, but i guess no one has any confidence in our front office to find our own stars.
In the free agency era, it's almost impossible to spend a career with one team. Let alone 53 guys doing that. Brady was one of the only guys they have who spent their entire career on the Patriots, and they found him by accident when Bledsoe went down. We have to get used to modern football.

Didn't see ESPN last night did you?

My girlfriend had the power of the remote last night, so i went into the den and played Xbox. So no, I didnt get to see watch my second favorate channel next to NFL Network last night. :(

I say they didn't research and that is based on Snyder's past before Gibbs came back, now he is back in full force. Ocho Stinko will not be the cause of us winning more games, not with Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas coming back from serious injury and let's add in Pete Kendall as well. If Snyder was smart about anything that would be getting some younger lineman that can play NOW!

With Moss, Randel El, Cooley add in Mix as the big possession over the middle target why would anyone think Ocho would do anything here? We need taller recievers not average height ones. If that was the case we could have kept Caldwell!

Anyway as I said, by this time tomorrow more will be revealed and Snyder is geeking to have some BIG SPLASH :2cents:

Nobody said we were trading our whole draft away.:doh: We still have a 2nd rounder, 2 3rd rounders, and a plethora of other picks. Both of our starting d-linemen are products of the late rounds. Great drafts aren't characterized by what you do with your 1st pick, it's what you do later that separates the men from the boys. There is NO way Mix beats out Johnson, and Randel El or Moss would be slot. I don't think people were enamored with Moss last year and his drops. And if you think Caldwell is as good as Johnson, then I want what you're smoking.

Nobody said we were trading our whole draft away.:doh: We still have a 2nd rounder, 2 3rd rounders, and a plethora of other picks. Both of our starting d-linemen are products of the late rounds. Great drafts aren't characterized by what you do with your 1st pick, it's what you do later that separates the men from the boys. There is NO way Mix beats out Johnson, and Randel El or Moss would be slot. I don't think people were enamored with Moss last year and his drops. And if you think Caldwell is as good as Johnson, then I want what you're smoking.

this is the attitude of this team that disgusts me. "oh well we still have that pick and that pick". how about we just keep them all and build our own team. why are we incapable of doing that? i just dont get it. everybody is so dead set on just bringing in FAs galore constantly. i thought everybody was so excited that for once we were gonna keep all the picks and build ourselves up. now the whiff of johnson comes out and everybody is back on the "sign _____ to a big contract" wagon. truly baffling.

its not dumb. i dont want other teams stars here. im glad youd rather settle for us just buying everybody else. id like our own tom brady, but i guess no one has any confidence in our front office to find our own stars.

Some of the Redskins greatest stars were from other teams... Sonny Jurgenson, Bobby Mitchell, John Riggins, Joe Theisman, Mark Moseley, etc, etc were from other teams.. A mix of free agents and draft is good... It doesn't have to be all draft. Hell... Gibbs was notorious for trading away draft picks back in the day..

I think many here only remember the busts, rather than the successes of free agents/trades like Portis, Moss, Washington, ARE, etc.

Now lets trade that bust username to a good acquisition username... Why not: Washington Christmas ? :D

considering the only position weve been attempting to snag is a big name WR, anything else would be completely out of left field.

and again, im extremely against trading any of our picks for proven players. when we stop doing that, we can start building the right way. i dont care if they offer tom brady for a 7th rounder, i want our own players built. i personally am not looking for win win win right now now now. i want a team we can be excited about for 10 years, not 2.

Yes, but I think it is safe to say this team is more than a star WR away from a Super Bowl. So don't rule anything out.

it is dumb. The point is to win and I think we all can agree that a player like brady is a winner. I don't care if all of our players come from outerspace if we are winning!

Some of the Redskins greatest stars were from other teams... Sonny Jurgenson, Bobby Mitchell, John Riggins, Joe Theisman, Mark Moseley, etc, etc were from other teams.. A mix of free agents and draft is good... It doesn't have to be all draft. Hell... Gibbs was notorious for trading away draft picks back in the day..

mark may

art monk

darrell green

russ grimm

dexter manley

charles mann

daryl grant

joe jacoby

gary clark

don warren

clint didier

theisman was drafted by the dolphins and never played a down until he came here

those are just guys i know, im sure theres plenty others we drafted that i forgot about. a few impact FAs is a great idea when you have a great drafted base. the 80s redskins had that great drafted base. the 2007-08 redskins currently dont.

mark may

art monk

darrell green

russ grimm

dexter manley

charles mann

daryl grant

joe jacoby

gary clark

don warren

clint didier

those are just guys i know, im sure theres plenty others we drafted that i forgot about. a few impact FAs is a great idea when you have a great drafted base. the 80s redskins had that great drafted base. the 2007-08 redskins currently dont.

Who said we never had good players we drafted? The point is we need the players to help us win and that comes from both the draft AND FA.

it is dumb. The point is to win and I think we all can agree that a player like brady is a winner. I don't care if all of our players come from outerspace if we are winning!

havent we already proved that bringing in proven players from other teams doesnt equal winning? how many more times do we have to fail for you guys to understand this? were going on a decade now of ignoring the draft. how much longer can we continue this?

mark may

art monk

darrell green

russ grimm

dexter manley

charles mann

daryl grant

joe jacoby

gary clark

don warren

clint didier

I totally agree with you... but there is a mix there... and that is a good thing..

Who said we never had good players we drafted? The point is we need the players to help us win and that comes from both the draft AND FA.

because currently we dont have the drafted base that we need. and were gonna keep ignoring it until we actually use the draft.

i already said, if we had that drafted core of good young players, id be all about dealing picks away from time to time to bring in that missing piece. were waaaay further off than missing a big time WR that will cost a bajillion dollars.

havent we already proved that bringing in proven players from other teams doesnt equal winning? how many more times do we have to fail for you guys to understand this? were going on a decade now of ignoring the draft. how much longer can we continue this?

You don't get it. Nobody is saying to ignore the draft or that free agents/trades=winning. We need a balance of both.

I think the point is if you could get a player a good player for good value...you get him. Your exteme was not to even take TB for a 7th.:doh:

mark may

art monk

darrell green

russ grimm

dexter manley

charles mann

daryl grant

joe jacoby

gary clark

don warren

clint didier

Jason Campbell

Laron Landry

Carlos Rogers

Kedric Golston

Anthony Montgomery

Chris Cooley

Stephon Heyer

Chris Samuels

I can think of more than a few Redskins draft busts too (Shuler, Gardner, etc). The point I made above is rarely do drafted players remain with those teams. Just win baby.

I think many here only remember the busts, rather than the successes of free agents/trades like Portis, Moss, Washington, ARE, etc.

This has always been my argument. People who always gripe about us trading for players never mention the people we traded for that contribute positively to our team.

If everything in Football was exact science, there would just be "The Way", and that would be how everybody does it. But successfull teams have gone abuot it in many different ways. Draft (giants), trades(chargers), veteran players (patriots)

I would give up a #1 for Boldin or Williams, but not Chad. And no multiple picks for any of them.

I am glad you are not running an NFL franchise because nobody is going to give up a big name receiver for 1 pick. Nobody would give us a big name player in most postions for 1 pick.

Jason Campbell

Laron Landry

Carlos Rogers

Kedric Golston

Anthony Montgomery

Chris Cooley

Stephon Heyer

Chris Samuels

I can think of more than a few Redskins draft busts too (Shuler, Gardner, etc). The point I made above is rarely do drafted players remain with those teams. Just win baby.

dude, the guys the redskins had in that 1980s period that i listed, who were drafted, were all starters, and all came around within a 4-5 year period of each other, some of them even closer.

landry, rogers, monty, cooley, campbell are a nice START. samuels has a few years left, jansen is close to done. those are the only two drafted starters on our oline. heyer is a depth guy, as is golston (unless he steps it up, which id looooove if he did).

we are a few impact guys in this draft from being a great team. we need some oline, a DE, a WR, and another corner (because springs is done soon). we have too many guys at the end to think were close. once we have a nice corp of like 15 starters aged 22-28, ill feel much better.

on top of that, we dont even know if campbell is "the guy". i personally think he is, but i could be wrong.

Archived