Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beer at FedEx: High on price, low on alcohol content?

E33Green

Low profile hip flask in your back pocket, or a bota bag shoved down your coat or pants somewhere. If the guy frisking you starts to reach around behind, give him a smile and a wink and act gay. Hopefully, he'll just wave you through. Beverage contriband is secondary to them, they are mostly looking for weapons. Bring some cash anyway, cokes/ice is $4. I've also seen fake binoculars and cellphones that are actually flasks.
They check binoculars. They are up with all the latest techniques. Really.

Most people they do a quick search. But every so many people, they do an extreme search. That's where they pat you down completely. They leave nothing unsearched, except maybe your testicles. Flask in your back pocket = lose the flask. Sorry, but that's the fact. I've gone to over 100 games at Fedex.

Most people they do a quick search. But every so many people, they do an extreme search. That's where they pat you down completely. They leave nothing unsearched, except maybe your testicles. Flask in your back pocket = lose the flask. Sorry, but that's the fact. I've gone to over 100 games at Fedex.

I've been to over a dozen games with my flask and never had a problem. Never had my ass patted, but it is a thin flask. Not one of the pint bottles from the liqouor store. Then again, I'm 48 and probably don't look like a smuggler.

Lately, I have been taking a bota-bladder device like you use skiing. It holds more, and can be hung on your body underneath your coat and clothes. It's soft. I don't bring beer, too bulky. Just whiskey, or schnapps if I'm with a girl. I have occasionally seen someone pulled aside and given a going over thoroughly. I don't know if it was random or they found something.

http://www.survivalequipment.net/botabags.html

Beam. Don't give away secrets.

Yeah just hide mini bottles in your socks, buy an overpriced coke , and enjoy the game. :pint:

Anyway yeah this is crazy that they can do this at stadiums. Thank god we drink more tailgating than we do inside the stadium. All this time I thought the last 3.2 beer I had was was in Colorado Springs in the Army. Bars sold 3.2% to those of us under 21. It was a great concept because it got the soldiers into the bars even if they were under 21.

Mark, what Gate have you been using to enter the stadium? I haven't seen any of these "extreme" searches. In fact, for a couple games this season I just walked between the ushers while they were searching my friends without making eye contact and no one patted me down at all! (Makes you feel real good about stadium security, huh?) From my experience, I don't agree with your "Flask in your back pocket = lose the flask" statement. Besides, the best place to put the flask is next to your twig and berries not in the back pocket.

Even when we bring a keg to the tailgate, my friends and I always bring an extra thirty of "game beers" to smuggle in. Even if they do find them during the pat down (which happens to maybe one of us each season), they just make you throw the beers away and let you in the stadium.

My buddy snuck seven or eight in at the Eagles game 2 seasons ago, I believe that is our personal record. The people sitting around us love this too, as we offer them free Natty Lights to start the game! Every beer we sneak in saves us at least 8 bucks a pop, and it helps cushion the astronomical expenses of gameday.

I know sneaking liquor in is more efficient, but we are already so hammered from tailgating that its probably for the best we stick to beer and not black out.

Mark, what Gate have you been using to enter the stadium? I haven't seen any of these "extreme" searches. In fact, for a couple games this season I just walked between the ushers while they were searching my friends without making eye contact and no one patted me down at all! (Makes you feel real good about stadium security, huh?) From my experience, I don't agree with your "Flask in your back pocket = lose the flask" statement. Besides, the best place to put the flask is next to your twig and berries not in the back pocket.

Even when we bring a keg to the tailgate, my friends and I always bring an extra thirty of "game beers" to smuggle in. Even if they do find them during the pat down (which happens to maybe one of us each season), they just make you throw the beers away and let you in the stadium.

My buddy snuck seven or eight in at the Eagles game 2 seasons ago, I believe that is our personal record. The people sitting around us love this too, as we offer them free Natty Lights to start the game! Every beer we sneak in saves us at least 8 bucks a pop, and it helps cushion the astronomical expenses of gameday.

I know sneaking liquor in is more efficient, but we are already so hammered from tailgating that its probably for the best we stick to beer and not black out.

Hmm. I use different gates depending on where I'm sitting. ;) I probably use Gate D the most.

Maybe I look like a terrorist or something. I've never been able to go in since 9-11 without a pretty good frisk. If anything was in my back pocket, it would have been found. But I don't sneak stuff in anymore.

But one time I was the one they pulled aside and frisked every inch of me, except my crotch: Both sleeves from arm pit to wrist. Both legs from top to ankle. My back, up and down. Hat, of course. Stomach, chest, under arms. The whole deal. This was when I was getting to the escalator outside.

But yeah, I agree with you, I just wanna be happy, I don't need to be **** faced.

Molson Ice?? :rolleyes:

When you're you're ready to step up to flavorful beer, I suggest that you try one of these, http://www.ccbeer.com/beerlist/Heavy+Seas

If you're a hop-head, try the Loose Cannon....but be careful, they will definitely sneak up on you!

I need to try the Below Decks....thanks for the link. I'll check the beer store tomorrow. They seem to carry every speciality beer created. :cheers:

Molson Ice?? :rolleyes:

When you're you're ready to step up to flavorful beer, I suggest that you try one of these, http://www.ccbeer.com/beerlist/Heavy+Seas

If you're a hop-head, try the Loose Cannon....but be careful, they will definitely sneak up on you!

woohoo! clipper city heavy seas! the uber pils and loose cannon hop3 are two of my all time favorites!

which of the dog head fish beers is like 15%? edit- the 120 minute IPA is 20 % :yikes:

Is 0.2% really that big of a difference? (0.4 Proof?) I think I might be bothered by 1% or more, but 0.2 doesn't bug me. Neither do the prices, that's just the way things are so I just accept it. Food & Beverages are retardedly priced at sporting events and movie theaters, what can you do?

Is 0.2% really that big of a difference? (0.4 Proof?) I think I might be bothered by 1% or more, but 0.2 doesn't bug me. Neither do the prices, that's just the way things are so I just accept it. Food & Beverages are retardedly priced at sporting events and movie theaters, what can you do?

The prices don't bug you??? I can understand feeling like you have no control, but it still bugs the hell out of me. I die a little inside everytime i get my small popcorn and medium soda at the movies for $10.... but i still do it. i need my popcorn at the movies. :munchout:

I can second Mark on the frisking at the gates. I went to all but a handful of games at FedEx before last year. I tend to go in the Gates that are on both sides of Redskins Rd. I always got at least a light frisking and it wasn't just me. They even have ladies to frisk down women.

It's possible the busier Gates give up on the frisking. I don't remember ever being frisked at the one Gate where the elevator is.

My main gripe is, at $8 per beer, you should be getting a premium product.

lol the words Premium Product should never be associated with those beers.

Well if you pay $8 for a beer in the stadium, sorry you get what you deserve. Drink at the Tailgate and then have a beer or two in the stadium to maintain the buzz.

Can't believe no one has mentioned this. Red Hook IPA. 6% alcohol.

They sell it in the stadium for the same $8 price. Once in a while, they get smart and put it in slightly smaller cups, but most games it's in the same cups as every other beer. There's no way they are selling a watered down version of that beer, it would taste very different.

:cheers:

Can't believe no one has mentioned this. Red Hook IPA. 6% alcohol.

They sell it in the stadium for the same $8 price. Once in a while, they get smart and put it in slightly smaller cups, but most games it's in the same cups as every other beer. There's no way they are selling a watered down version of that beer, it would taste very different.

:cheers:

Isn't that only in the club?

Greetings Skins fans.

An urgent matter has arisen, far more pressing than our draft needs or new head coach. It has come to my attention that many professional sports team vendors are selling beers that are 3.2% alcohol by weight instead of the normal 3.4%. The brands mentioned in the link are Bud Select, Miller Lite, and MGD. Apparently this stuff is called "stadium beer", and it is cheaper than the stuff sold to bars and liquor stores.

With the astronomical price of beer at FedEx sure to rise in the future, I think fans have the right to know the alcohol content of the what they are purchasing. If it's lower, they should not advertise it as Miller Lite, MGD, etc. Does anyone have any information on whether Aramark sells "stadium beer" or regular beer?

And please don't mention that these brands are crap beer. I am fully aware, and would prefer a premium lager any day of the week. However, I would be enraged if I discovered the Skins were involved in such treacherous deception!

Edit: I am also aware that you can smuggle lots of alcohol into FedEx for free, as I have done on oh so many occasions, but this thread is intended for the poor souls buying watered down beer in the stadium without knowing it. (Thanks Redskins:VoD)

Also, the article measures beer in alcohol by weight (ABW) instead of alcohol by volume (ABV). A beer that is 3.2% ABW would be about 4% ABV. Just wanted to clear things up, some people seemed confused.

From the San Diego Union-Tribune:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20080418-9999-1n18beer.html

An urgent matter has arisen?

Dude get a life.............:doh:

Archived