Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hillary on TV just called for Bush to boycott the olympics...

JMS

Boycotting never solves anything.

This is pretty much true. I've been boycotting Hillary and we see what little good that's done.

That's interesting, I just saw the CEO of Nike, which is a huge investor in the Olympics, say the same thing on CNBC.

That's funny. Nike is an even bigger investor in China (see: Shops, Sweat) than in the Olympics. What would you expect them to say? If he said anything closely resembling the "B-word", he would risk biting the hand that feeds Nike.

Can you see any protests from your office today?

Not today. But they'll be back, given that the only place in the US that is going to see the Olympic Torch is San Francisco.

For the last 2 weeks, there have been about 30 people out there waiving Tibetian Flags and chanting: "Torch in San Francisco, Torture in Tibet" over and over and over and over and over and over and over. The silence today is a blessed relief.

Thats a cool chant. Someone should dress up like Johnny Storm from the Fantastic Four and light themselves on fire and run thru the crowd!!

I'm not sure what your point is? I thought embarassing the Communist Chinese would be right up your alley. :whoknows:

Liberals...... not surprising, it was a liberal democrat President named Carter that actually boycotted the Olympics back in 1980
Hey hey hey, don't paint all of us with a broad brush. I'm a liberal and think boycotting the Olympics is a stupid idea

Not today. But they'll be back, given that the only place in the US that is going to see the Olympic Torch is San Francisco.

For the last 2 weeks, there have been about 30 people out there waiving Tibetian Flags and chanting: "Torch in San Francisco, Torture in Tibet" over and over and over and over and over and over and over. The silence today is a blessed relief.

It's not that they weren't busy though, they apparently were scaling the Golden Gate Bridge.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/07/bridge.protest/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Archived