Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Henry?

NeverForget ST#21

Bengals released Henry today per espn.com. I know the guy has a bit of a past, (ok, a horrendous past) but he's only 24, and 6-4 with talent.... just the type of big receiver we need, i say we go after him.

Lay off all drugs, please. They will cause you to have no future.

I would much rather have Mix be our large receiver than sign some guy who does nothing but make wrong decisions and create conflict in the locker room. I feel like this team is really becoming a good group of character guys and I think that's going to be how we are successful.

I don't know about you guys, but even with little free agent signing I'm feeling better about going into this season than I have in a really long time. I feel like we have a good nucleus of guys and I really am buying into Zorn a lot.

Bengals released Henry today per espn.com. I know the guy has a bit of a past, (ok, a horrendous past) but he's only 24, and 6-4 with talent.... just the type of big receiver we need, i say we go after him.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Will it ever end?

I don't understand what it is about guys like Henry and Pacman. There doing something millions of people at home are salavating over. Playing in the NFL is a privledge. He deserves to have it taken away from him for awile if not forever.

I'd give a nut to play in the NFL, and he takes it for granted. :doh:

right after we sign pacman :laugh:

this is exactly what I was going to say. Why do people think EVERY bad character player will change with us? We think we can change every damn player. I say we stick to what we are doing and DEF dont bring in any head cases like this guy. He's lucky to even be an option in the NFL. IMO, he's worse than pacman. At least pac man was never charged with anything.

If we'll drool over Chad Johnson I can't see how thinking about a taller, younger WR who can play is such a horrible idea?

are you seriously comparing Henry to Johnson?

Henry < Johnson

Chad Johnson might be a loud mouth but he doesnt get into trouble off the field and put his frnachise in a bad spot. He doesnt like the direction the bengals are going (he isnt the first) and wants to be traded. Chad just wears his emotions on his sleeve, Chris Henry is a fake ass thug who thinks he's snoop.:2cents:

Henry < Johnson

Chad Johnson might be a loud mouth but he doesnt get into trouble off the field and put his frnachise in a bad spot. He doesnt like the direction the bengals are going (he isnt the first) and wants to be traded. Chad just wears his emotions on his sleeve, Chris Henry is a fake ass thug who thinks he's snoop.:2cents:

Exactly . . . Chad has no off-field issues . . . Henry is a player who is full of them.

this is exactly what I was going to say. Why do people think EVERY bad character player will change with us? We think we can change every damn player. I say we stick to what we are doing and DEF dont bring in any head cases like this guy. He's lucky to even be an option in the NFL. IMO, he's worse than pacman. At least pac man was never charged with anything.

Yeah if Gibbs was still here I'm sure everybody would be calling for Henry, claiming that St. Joe can turn this guy around just like they are saying about Adam Jones. Guys like these can never be good for a team . . . Henry has a very well-known drug problem and just cannot seem to stay out of trouble . . . And Jones . . . well . . . that's too easy. Let's just say that his permanent residence is in the strip club.

Henry < Johnson

Not to mention, in 7 years he's been under 1100 yds just once. He's had less than 5 touchdowns once. And that year was his rookie season. He's been a Pro Bowler 5 times and All Pro 4 times.

Not much of a comparison, huh. :doh:

Exactly . . . Chad has no off-field issues . . . Henry is a player who is full of them.

Yeah if Gibbs was still here I'm sure everybody would be calling for Henry, claiming that St. Joe can turn this guy around just like they are saying about Adam Jones. Guys like these can never be good for a team . . . Henry has a very well-known drug problem and just cannot seem to stay out of trouble . . . And Jones . . . well . . . that's too easy. Let's just say that his permanent residence is in the strip club.

Pretty much.. Yes, he has talent, but look at vick. Talent doesnt do ANYTHING when you are off the field. Not only that, Chad Johnson has WAY more talent (consistant too) and no real serious character issues.(Yes, he runs his mouth, but WHO doesn't nowadays) I remember Deion Sanders being a HUGE loud mouth and he played awesome for every team but us. I think someone like San Fran, or Buffalo might take a look at Henry for Vet minimum + incentives but I dont see any serious contenders or even any real character team looking at this guy. And ANY team would laugh if you said you would rather have this guy over johnson. Or even to compare the two at all.

Now, I wont defend Henry until he gets his drug problem under control. Sometimes its hard, but you have to hit bottom. until he hits bottom, he will continue to do the same thing. When he goes and gets some help and goes to counceling, thats when I would consider signing him. (after a long evaluation of course)

Archived