Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Henry?

NeverForget ST#21

Playing devil's advocate...

You notice how all the older fans on here dismiss a player like this so quickly. I think this may be one major problem with troubled youth like Henry, Pacman, Vick. Everyone wants to judge these guys but noone has stepped up to teach these guys how to be a man. Not that anyone is obligated to. But I go by the saying that you should never look down on a fellow man unless you are reaching to help pick him up... just a thought.

But this is a business. And judging assets in your business is part of risk mitigation. And he has quite a track record on which to judge.

But I hear what you're saying... on a personal level, I agree. But this is all bidness..

This is a business. If this kid is available then you have to take him. With all the over compensation the Skins have done in the last several years, getting a player with ability for free is a rarity around here. An incentive laden contract with behavioral clause in it wouldn't hurt the Skins one bit. He's only 24. I mean I take Laverneous Coles and how he whined to get out of here. The Skins took a big CAP hit to get rid of him. Even though the Skins got Moss, thats not how you do business. Bottom line is he's there for the taking. Somebody is gonna jump on him. Why not the Skins? If the SKins do, the 1st TD that he scores everyone will be jumping. I mean if Mix can work out at 6'5" and Henry at 6"5" along with Randel El and Moss, thats a good WR core to me. :2cents:

Are you kidding me? He's tearing up little 'ol Cincy, what do you think he'll do in a city like DC, with all its nightly splendor. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns into Dave Chapelle's baby standing on the corner. "Hey baby, go home, it's 3 O'clock in the morning". "S--t, i'm selling weed, got kids to feed".

You notice how all the older fans on here dismiss a player like this so quickly.

Not really. I went to bat here for Tank. You got to look at each case individually, the guy's behavoral changes at his initial punishment, and most of all the severity of his crimes. You must remember that they are newly rich, spoiled kids not far out of their teens. You also have to gauge his ego and guess whether it will continue to dominate the thinking part of his brain.

Archived