Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

tmobile says "we own magenta"

squatch66

Deutsche Telekom to Engadget: We Own The Color Magenta

By Charlie Sorrel icon_email.gifApril 01, 2008 | 5:16:26 AMCategories: Our Telco Overlords, Our Telco Overlords

t-mobile-vs-engadget-mobile-tm.jpg Ryan Block of Engadget assures us that this is not an early April Fool gag. Deutsche Telekom, owners of T-Mobile in Germany, has sent a letter to the gadget blog demanding that it stop using the color magenta.

The specific shade of magenta, RAL 4010, is the one used in T-Mobile's logo. Engadget Mobile also uses pink. David Beigie of T-Mobile US thinks that this "could lead to confusion in the marketplace". Block has put together a very funny checklist to clear up that confusion, with bullet point comparisons between the phone blog and the phone company. You can also read the full text from Deutsche Telekom's letter. What next? A trademark on the letter "T"?

Deutsche Telekom / T-Mobile demands Engadget Mobile discontinue using the color magenta [Engadget]

I've thought for some time that what we need is for a law saying that juries in civil cases should be allowed to return one of three verdicts:

• Guilty
  • Not Guilty
  • Silly

I think that, if 12 out of 12 jurors return a verdict of "Silly", then plaintiff should be required to pay all of defendant's legal fees. (And possible putative damages.)

I've thought for some time that what we need is for a law saying that juries in civil cases should be allowed to return one of three verdicts:

• Guilty
  • Not Guilty
  • Silly

I think that, if 12 out of 12 jurors return a verdict of "Silly", then plaintiff should be required to pay all of defendant's legal fees. (And possible putative damages.)

I would use a word other than "silly" (actually 2 words, one of which wont get by the profanity filters), but i think you are on to something. :laugh:

• Guilty
  • Not Guilty
  • Silly

Silly, Larry.

As a result, you will have to pay my first year's membership dues as punative damages... :laugh:

• Guilty
  • Not Guilty
  • Silly

The word is "frivolous," and the judge usually tries to make that finding before they waste the time of a jury ...

e.g. http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2007/02/big-win-innocent-riaa-defendant

Maybe the guy who owns T-Mobile meant to say "we own my genitals," but he coughed at the same time he was speaking and it got shortened to "my gentas," which of course sounds like "magenta." At this point he would have been too embarrassed to correct himself and had to go along with it.

Not quite.. I have 1000 minutes with unlimited text, email, and data for only $30 a month.. other companies charge $150 plus for that...

I have a blackberry and my husband has a regular phone we both have unlimited text and internet plus I have a third phone that my MIL uses when she comes to Ireland... the three phones is only $110 a month.... so I am not sure where you are pricing your phones

I have a blackberry and my husband has a regular phone we both have unlimited text and internet plus I have a third phone that my MIL uses when she comes to Ireland... the three phones is only $110 a month.... so I am not sure where you are pricing your phones

Is that T-Mobile? Lol I used to have a Sidekick but now I got a T-Mobile Dash. Unlmited everything plan for sidekick is $20 plus $10 for the line, $30 bucks. I believe the Dash's Internet plan is $40 dollars alone and a seperate texting plan is another $20, whatever they are I would've been paying anywhere from $70-100. So instead of changing plans and paying more money I kept my Dash on the Sidekick plan and for all that I'm not paying more.

PS: And when I said other companies charge around $150 I guess I was exaggerating it but I wouldn't know.. however, my girlfriend has a Helio phone and has unlimited everything, even minutes, for $100... that's expensive to me..

Archived