Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl.com - Redskins set an Attendance Record last season

e_guns

Is it ghey or gay for a guy to wear a vest over a shirt ?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ghey or gay for a guy to wear a vest over a shirt ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not gay, but out of style
    • Depends on the vest
    • Depends on how it's worn - buttoned/unbuttoned - with a tucked/untucked shirt, etc
    • Other

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80780d69&template=with-video&confirm=true

Redskins led in Attendance for eighth straight year, and set a record. Just tells you we have the best fans. :point2sky

Attendance record

For the sixth straight year, the NFL set a paid attendance record, led by the Washington Redskins.

Attendance surpassed 22 million for the second successive season, with 22,256,502 fans paying their way into games, an increase of 56,790 over 2006. The 2007 NFL regular-season total paid attendance of 17,345,205 and the average of 67,755 per game were both records. And 4,119,278 tickets were sold for 65 preseason games, an average of 63,374.

Twelve postseason games drew 792,019 fans, including 71,101 for the Super Bowl in Glendale, Ariz.

The Redskins, who have the league's largest stadium, FedEx Field, led in regular-season home paid attendance for the eighth consecutive season. The Redskins drew 711,471, an NFL mark.

Three other teams topped 600,000 in paid home attendance: the New York Giants (629,391), Kansas City Chiefs (622,541) and New York Jets (616,756). Eleven teams drew more than 1.1 million in paid attendance home and away during the regular season, led by Washington (1,264,890). The others were the Giants (1,187,915), Jets (1,171,564), Miami Dolphins (1,156,762), Chiefs (1,145,938), New England Patriots (1,131,027), Buffalo Bills (1,129,052), Denver Broncos (1,120,996), Philadelphia Eagles (1,120,090), Green Bay Packers (1,112,753) and Carolina Panthers (1,100,147).

Is anyone else surprised the Bills are on this list? They are already in a small market and their team did not do that well this season.

The Packers are understandable because despite a small market, they have set themselves as a national team along with the Redskins, Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, Bears, Giants, probably another one or two.

There are several teams that could sell out their stadium "IF" their's was as big as ours...Patriots, Cowboys, Packers, Broncos, Seahawks, Colts, Giants, etc.

Whats impressive is when you watch a Packers game and don't see a single opposing jersey in the stadium (for example)

Ha ha, "America's Team" is nowhere on those lists.

The Skins were the only ones to top 700,000 for the season. 711,471 in 8 games. Our stadium capacity is 90,000 or so, meaning we had nearly sell out attendance every game. Good job ladies and gents. Now let's make it 9 years in a row!

Ha ha, "America's Team" is nowhere on those lists.

The Skins were the only ones to top 700,000 for the season. 711,471 in 8 games. Our stadium capacity is 90,000 or so, meaning we had nearly sell out attendance every game. Good job ladies and gents. Now let's make it 9 years in a row!

LOL...beat me to it bro. great minds think alike ugh. :cheers: :dallasuck

Is anyone else surprised the Bills are on this list? They are already in a small market and their team did not do that well this season.

The Packers are understandable because despite a small market, they have set themselves as a national team along with the Redskins, Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles, Patriots, Bears, Giants, probably another one or two.

The Bills are only listed for total home and away games combined. They play the Jets and the Patriots, two teams that have big crowds.

The reason we're number one is cuz our stadium holds like 10,000 more than anyone elses. The reason dallas isn't on there is cuz their stadium is like 21st in capacity. It's about the size of the stadium basically, wait two years, dallas will pass us (100,000+ Stadium). Dallas selling out every home game would only yield them 525000+ ticket sales. It sounds like I'm a dallas lover, i'm not, i'm a realist.

Yea but I dunno if anyone else notices but I've been to a few games and the stadium justs rocks , an watching a game on television I can actually hear the skins fans and what they say when we score or screaming for a good play. When I watch another football game (when redskins arent on of course) I can't hear anything from the fans this just showing how loud and amazing our stadium and fans are. :helmet:

The reason we're number one is cuz our stadium holds like 10,000 more than anyone elses. The reason dallas isn't on there is cuz their stadium is like 21st in capacity. It's about the size of the stadium basically, wait two years, dallas will pass us (100,000+ Stadium). Dallas selling out every home game would only yield them 525000+ ticket sales. It sounds like I'm a dallas lover, i'm not, i'm a realist.

Um, their stadium can hold up to 100,000 if expanded, that's only going to be for big games, Superbowls, Playoff's, etc.

It'll hold 80,000 something, so technically, it'll only be bigger when it's expanded.

I'm surprised season ticket holders still have any money left after paying for tickets, parking, $12 beers and $8 hot dogs. No wonder Danny is so rich.

I have a feeling once Dallas opens their new stadium, Danny will look to expand. Nothing like a good pissing contest between two rich boys.

The Redskins not only lead the league in attendance, but in revenue with 312 mill, beating the second highest generating team by 60 million. Pretty good considering only 80 million of that is from gate receipts. Also you will notice our away game attendance is great as well.

As for the Cowboys, well, they really dont pull in much at the gate. Maybe its because they are America's team...

Archived