Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFAA - Dallas Cowboys shut out of NFL's prime-time lineup in Week 1

HapHaszard

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/040108dnsponflowners.1b04e2ad.html

Thought I better get this one posted before TR1 has a cardio infraction. :laugh:

Team also won't be awarded any compensatory picks in upcoming draft

PALM BEACH, Fla. – First the NFL shut the Dallas Cowboys out of prime-time television on the opening weekend of the 2008 season. Two hours later, the NFL shut the Cowboys out of supplemental picks in the 2008 draft.

The NFL awarded 32 compensatory picks for the 2008 draft, including four in the third round to Washington, Cincinnati, Atlanta and Baltimore. The Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles were awarded three compensatory draft picks apiece and the New York Giants one.

The NFL uses a formula to determine recipients of compensatory picks based on the number of free agents lost and signed the previous offseason. The Cowboys have received 26 compensatory picks since 1994, second most in the NFL during that time. Only the Ravens with 29 have received more.

Click on the link for the rest of the article

Makes sense to me to have a Den/Oak or Indy/Chi game as the primetime game week 1. Most NFL fans are so eager for football they will watch just about any 2 teams play. Thus, you can expect good numbers for both these games. Play these same two games about wk 6 with Oak and Chi sitting at 1-4 and ratings won't be so great.

NFL can count on Dallas getting good ratings regardless of the week so put other teams on the first week and capitalize on fans watching anything.

Makes sense to me to have a Den/Oak or Indy/Chi game as the primetime game week 1. Most NFL fans are so eager for football they will watch just about any 2 teams play. Thus, you can expect good numbers for both these games. Play these same two games about wk 6 with Oak and Chi sitting at 1-4 and ratings won't be so great.

NFL can count on Dallas getting good ratings regardless of the week so put other teams on the first week and capitalize on fans watching anything.

Yea that is true. Most people will tune in to watch the Cowboys no matter what their record is or even if they suck(not saying they will, but here's hoping).

Not a big deal the Cowboys will have the maximum amount of national games allowed, you can bet on that

Nope, anything negative for the pukes is always 'no big deal' to puke fans in ATN.

So predictable...

:laugh:

Nope, anything negative for the pukes is always 'no big deal' to puke fans in ATN.

So predictable...

This is negative about the Cowboys? Seriously stretching hard for that arent you?

Do you think the Cowboys will not get the maximum national games allowed?

This is negative about the Cowboys? Seriously stretching hard for that arent you?

Do you think the Cowboys will not get the maximum national games allowed?

Top NFC seed not show-cased on week one?

You aren't serious, are you?

Top NFC seed not show-cased on week one?

You aren't serious, are you?

So are you now saying they (NFL, media, etc) are no longer under Aikman & Buck's spell? I guess they apparently no longer believe the hype and realize the Boys are just an avg to poor team that has no drawing power or marketability.

I must say, I was getting a little pissed last year when I only needed the NFL ticket for just one game last year. Makes a guy reconsider paying >$200 to watch one game. Still a bargain over what actual Boys game tickets will cost in '09:)

I was also getting so tired of networks pimping the Cowboys. They would run promos non-stop about how they would be discussing the Boys. You would think it was going to be the lead story of the broadcast but no it would be a "tease" to get people to watch their show. They would maybe take 5-10 mins before they would show the Boys segment. Can you believe they'd make you wait so long? Of course that was just the 1st segment. They'd tease you again and make you wait around another 5-10 mins before showing the next Boys segment.

Glad to see that is all going to change now. I wonder why it took the NFL/media so long to come to their senses.

So are you now saying they (NFL, media, etc) are no longer under Aikman & Buck's spell? I guess they apparently no longer believe the hype and realize the Boys are just an avg to poor team that has no drawing power or marketability.

I must say, I was getting a little pissed last year when I only needed the NFL ticket for just one game last year. Makes a guy reconsider paying >$200 to watch one game. Still a bargain over what actual Boys game tickets will cost in '09:)

I was also getting so tired of networks pimping the Cowboys. They would run promos non-stop about how they would be discussing the Boys. You would think it was going to be the lead story of the broadcast but no it would be a "tease" to get people to watch their show. They would maybe take 5-10 mins before they would show the Boys segment. Can you believe they'd make you wait so long? Of course that was just the 1st segment. They'd tease you again and make you wait around another 5-10 mins before showing the next Boys segment.

Glad to see that is all going to change now. I wonder why it took the NFL/media so long to come to their senses.

I suppose it's difficult to justify any attention for the pukes anymore. That league record of six consecutive ones-and-done must be catching up with them.

I suppose it's difficult to justify any attention for the pukes anymore. That league record of six consecutive ones-and-done must be catching up with them.

I know you don't care if the skins are picked for national prime time games. These are usually given to teams that get high ratings (probably because they have so many scum-sucking bandwagon fans around the country) It was nice the skins were thrown a bone and allowed to play NYG and get to play in a primetime game.

Archived