Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Lions... 1992... "Soaring Lions fall hard in NFC title game"

slinky

Editor's note: Story originally published on Jan. 13, 1992.

WASHINGTON -- The day began to die on the second play from scrimmage, when Erik Kramer was smothered and the ball squirted loose and the Redskins picked it up as if lifting a penny off the sidewalk. You knew then, somewhere in your stomach, that the theme of this chilly championship game would be simple and sad: The dream ends here.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080325/SPORTS01/80323024

something to read while we are all bored.

Mitch Albom wrote that article? I'd say he's a tad richer nowadays than he was in 1991.

I attended that game and don't remember a whole lot other than being a bit frustrated that it was that close in the first half. I wanted a blowout like we had in the opener. We finally got it but it took longer than I expected.

Mitch Albom wrote that article? I'd say he's a tad richer nowadays than he was in 1991.

I attended that game and don't remember a whole lot other than being a bit frustrated that it was that close in the first half. I wanted a blowout like we had in the opener. We finally got it but it took longer than I expected.

Well it WAS the NFC Championship game. :laugh:

I'd say pulling away in the third quarter and coasting to a 41-10 win vs. the next best team in your conference is pretty good.

I remember wanting some closer games during that season once we lost to Dallas just because our games weren't even competitive. We got them in December (winning some road games by one score).

Even the "close" playoff games were never in doubt (we only beat Atlanta by 17 but they never had a shot).

Good memories!

Archived