Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Removing Egg off of a Car

Mr. S

So my windshield got egged last night, really random too. Thankfully only a small portion of my hood was hit, the damage is mostly on the windshield.

I didn't realize leaving the car out in the sun makes it worse, but it still has been less than 24 hours.

Anyone have any tips? I've heard Vaseline Intensive Care lotion doesn't damage the paint. I've also heard of water/vinegar mixture. Please let me know, thanks!

yeh, a place a bit up North past Merchants Drive. It's just odd since I live in the Fort and have not seen many problems to cars there, but this place was just a small, nice old neighborhood. My friends who live there were definitely surprised.

You will likely have a spiderwebbing effect on your paint if the shell made direct contact, there will be no easy way to fix it.

Thankfully, the shell hit the windshield, that is where all of the shell was. About a 4x4 inch area got hit with egg white. Most of the yolk slipped below the windshield into that crevice there. I'm not terribly worried about that area as I cleaned most of it out when it was still wet. I'm just worried about my hood.

Mr. S - try taking a sponge full of soapy water, then microwave it for about a minute. Use that to rub off the remaining egg residue.

Happened to me once and I read that tip online. It was the middle of winter, the egg had been on my car for a few days, but it came right off...this was also after a car wash. Good luck.

Archived