Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Outworked in FA?

fullnelson9999

i know that its great to see our front ofice not trading away all of our picks or overpaying for mediocre players, but isnt it time that we start looking for minor upgrades at some positions? i know that were probably saving up for someone big but every day on NFL network i see these players being signed...

dont you think we should be making at least some significant moves?

i know that its great to see our front ofice not trading away all of our picks or overpaying for mediocre players, but isnt it time that we start looking for minor upgrades at some positions? i know that were probably saving up for someone big but every day on NFL network i see these players being signed...

dont you think we should be making at least some significant moves?

to be honest, no not really. there is no one out there that is an upgrade over our current roster, and if there are, the slight increase we'd get would not be worth the changing in lockerroom dynamics.

dont you think we should be making at least some significant moves?[/quote

I think you are missing the point of all of this and that is there aren't that many viable players out there in Free Agency. The ones that were out there had huge price tags on them and they went to teams with huge salary cap room. I agree we don't need to overpay mediocre players but that is all that is left in Free Agency. Can you name anyone that we have to go out and get right now that is in Free Agency? I am not talking about trading for them. I am talking about ones that are without a team. I don't know of any. So we don't need to do what we have done for the past 5 or 6 years and that is overpay players that don't produce. Whatever plan they have come up with I kind of like so far. I think we are going to make a move here in the next couple of weeks that will land us a player or two. It might be in Free agency or by trade but it will happen. Just a gut feeling.

to be honest, no not really. there is no one out there that is an upgrade over our current roster, and if there are, the slight increase we'd get would not be worth the changing in lockerroom dynamics.

I don't know if I totally agree but you do have a point there are a few guys out there we could use but with the cap room and all I think we'll just have to draft some young guys and try and develop them

yall are wrong. We do need to make move in FA. I am not saying making big move but small one like. Instead everyone talking about D.J coming to visit and we let Justin McCareins, WR sign with Titans. He got good size, height and player we need to help the team. He will not cost alot on cap. We dont need a starter at positions maybe WR and DE but we do need back-up that can fill hole if someone go down. Back up we need is two olineman i say G and T, Safety help (someone that can play free and strong), We do need a back up FB (Love seller but he is getting older), CB and a punter.

Justin McCareins, WR

Career Stats:

Rec: 210

Yards: 3,264

TDs: 17

I love the fact that we're not overpaying for other team's waste at this point. Not paying Hackett is proof that the front office is sticking to their guns. For once, we need to build through the draft. I think it's time for Vinny to prove that he's got GM abilities.

yall are wrong. We do need to make move in FA. I am not saying making big move but small one like. Instead everyone talking about D.J coming to visit and we let Justin McCareins, WR sign with Titans. He got good size, height and player we need to help the team. He will not cost alot on cap. We dont need a starter at positions maybe WR and DE but we do need back-up that can fill hole if someone go down. Back up we need is two olineman i say G and T, Safety help (someone that can play free and strong), We do need a back up FB (Love seller but he is getting older), CB and a punter.

Justin McCareins, WR

Career Stats:

I think we all agree on the needs at the various positions you mentioned. Skins appear to be getting their house in order. No expensive free agents and fill the needs for backups via the draft. Skins need several years to work through all of those expensive guaranteed contracts they signed over the last four years. As to McCareins I'm sure the scouts and coaches discussed his availability and skill set. If they don't want him then I'll defer to their judgement. Perhaps they see equal talent on the roster OR a large number of talented WRs available in the draft?

Justin McCareins, WR

Career Stats:

In the case of McCareins, give thanks the Skins didn't look at him. Unreliable and underachieving are not two traits to look for in filling out your roster. He's pushing 30, and his stats dropped like a rock his last 4 years with the Jets: receptions 2004 =56, 2005 = 43, 2006 = 21, 2007 = 19. Touchdowns those same years = 4, 2, 1, 0.

Let's see how FA plays out. Instead of leading the parade, the Skins seem holding back, looking to pick up a few bargains instead of paying premium prices.

How much "work" we put in in FA wins us 0 games. Count em, 0. What this team does on the field will determine whether we win games. For too many year we have been obsessed with making moves in the offseason, and its failed us for the most part. We always want to win the offseason...

Not singing a FA yet has nothing to do with how much work the FO and coaches have put in. It mainly just has to do with the patience fans have.

Archived