Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop with the nonsense and just be calm

moss1981

"I'm The Onceler1 and I shouldn't even be on this board, but I come here regardless to add my two cents and annoy the crap out of Skins fans and continually remind them about trival crap that another team they really don't care about did last year, continually demean the namesake of this message board and add little or nothing to the conversation...

...I will now reply with one snarky fragmented sentence and add an emitocon because I love men

As long as the Skins draft Colt "45" Brennan ... I'll be happy.

Even with all this stuff about him being a system quarterback and only working out of the shotgun and stuff? I know he broke all the college records and what not but I have read all over the place that he will get killed under centre.

I don't think we should take a qb on the first day at all personally. We have a capable backup in Collins and JC I think will be fine for another year, after that we could probably get a developmental prospect for the future but not one from the first 2 rounds....

Good teams don't go 5-11, 10-6, 6-10, 9-7. We are not a good team. We're a very mediocre team. Good teams win more than 10 games. Good teams win more than 1 playoff game in 3 tries. Good teams win Super Bowls. Again, we are mediocre.

Yea you're right and without two season ending winning streaks, we would've never made the playoffs over that span. But at least there seems to be a change in the mentality of the FO where they will not slay all bidders at the onset of free agency only to have their FAs inevitably not live up to expectations.

Its pretty amazing to see that everyone is up in arms about how they anticipate Vinny will spend huge $$ in the offseason, then when he doesn't it's even more gloom and doom.

I do think we are a better team then our record's have shown. I blame a lot of our record on the "rely on your defense when you have a lead" offensive mindset under Gibbs. How many games did we lose in the fourth quarter with that kind of mindset, and not just last year, the whole Gibbs tenure.

I think we have some talent, and we just need some guidance. I believe in Campbell, and Collins at QB, and if we can upgrade with a large WR, then i think it will give Campbell another tool to work with. People forget that Mix and Campbell have chemstry dating back to college. He may be an underrated overachiever that we need.

Im not trying to say we are great, or even very good, but i think we are better then our previous records state. You are right though, Good teams win Superbowls, and we arent even on that same stret block yet. We need to get past wild card weekend to be called at least "good".

We are mediocre. Let's face it. It took two huge runs to get into the playoffs. Last year, we were a 6-10 in disguise of a playoff team due to our increased determination and passion due to the Sean Taylor tragedy. I am not trying to be pessimisitic here, just realistic, but we are headed to the cellar next year.

And the "team is better than our record is" idea is fine, but when has that gotten anyone into the playoffs. How do we know our team is a good team. All I have to fall back on is 4 mediocre years under Gibbs and 4-5 terrible years in the Dan Snyder Era.

I agree stop whinning! we have two good receivers. our defense is really good. We kept most of our players. We are a few players away from being a great team.

We stoped being a lost cause in the nfl after GIBBS I era and became an a playoff team the last few years. Our goal this year is to fill up the pieces needed so we can move on in to deeper round of the post season. Remember 3 years ago we made into the divisonal round and almost made in to the Championship round.

What the Skins need to learn is to finish their opponents when they are ahead. and learn to fight harder when the games are close. the last few years we lost alot of close games. We need to add playmakers in the draft. I am against aquiring big names and spending millons of dollars. we already did that and it get us no where.

why redskins fans need to take it easy

1. The Redskins are a good team.

2.We don't need all of these other players

3. no free agent out there are better than our players

4. no cap room, no sign

5. randy moss will not work here

6. draft, draft, draft, draft is how good team's win (i.e.)steelers

7. We have a good team

8. we have learned from mistakes

9. who is good out there that was good to get

10. dallas got no one,

11. philly has nor recievers

12. giants lost some defense

13. the skins retained everyone

14. the skins are a good team

To be honest, it seems to me that the FA this year are waaaaayyyy overpaid. I am personally glad Dallas held back signing anyone. Washington seems to have finally learned their lesson on overpaying for camp bodies.

yeah man, it everything will be ok. We can expect things to change right away but we are going in the righ directions. at least we made it to the playoffs. how many teams in the nfl wished they could have made the playoff last year?

i think this year we could have made it to the superbowl. We fought hard against green bay at their own back yard and almost won the game. we should won those two games agaisnt the giants but we blew up a big lead and lost the game. we lost another close game in dallas. in Seatle we should have won that game. The seahawks could not move the ball agaisnt us. the two picks cost of us the game. We should have won the tampa bay game. we did not let them score in the second half of the game. but we could not score either.

So we are moving in the right direction. If we pick the right players at the draft, we are going to become a great team. i think We are two years away from reaching the Conference championship.

I get the gist of what the OP wanted tot convey, but its a little overkill. I razzed PJfootballer a couple weeks ago about the repeat threads, but it turns out he was right. I dont see why this couldnt have been said in a couple of different threads.

PJ, you were right, my bad for trying to defend these actions, im starting to think its absurd now too. There was thread a looong time ago talking about some sort of pre-requisite to be able to start new threads. Im in favor of some sort of benchmark, or stipulation.

Like I said in the thread that you razzed me for. No hard feelings. I for one thought that you'd see where I was coming from after the 06 season when we had endless threads on Jesse Lumsden. :silly::cheers: It's definately the offseason.

I do think we are a better team then our record's have shown. I blame a lot of our record on the "rely on your defense when you have a lead" offensive mindset under Gibbs. How many games did we lose in the fourth quarter with that kind of mindset, and not just last year, the whole Gibbs tenure.

I think we have some talent, and we just need some guidance. I believe in Campbell, and Collins at QB, and if we can upgrade with a large WR, then i think it will give Campbell another tool to work with. People forget that Mix and Campbell have chemstry dating back to college. He may be an underrated overachiever that we need.

Im not trying to say we are great, or even very good, but i think we are better then our previous records state. You are right though, Good teams win Superbowls, and we arent even on that same stret block yet. We need to get past wild card weekend to be called at least "good".

You know, when I say thing like that, it's not meant to put the team down or to even put the koolaid drinkers in their place. I just want everyone to realize we aren't as good as they think we are. I don't think we're terrible, but making 2 Wild card games doesn't exactly put us in the same category as the Pats and Colts. 52-7 says were not good. Can we be good? Sure, the pieces are there. Will we be good? I hope so. As long as we make waves in the draft and FA (small waves in FA).

Sometimes I hate to be so blunt, but there were 31 losers in the NFL last year and they'll be 31 losers in the NFL every year. You know how some people say, "its all about the benjamins"? Well, its all about the Lombardis and ours are getting rusty.

Yea you're right and without two season ending winning streaks, we would've never made the playoffs over that span. But at least there seems to be a change in the mentality of the FO where they will not slay all bidders at the onset of free agency only to have their FAs inevitably not live up to expectations.

Its pretty amazing to see that everyone is up in arms about how they anticipate Vinny will spend huge $$ in the offseason, then when he doesn't it's even more gloom and doom.

Sorry I missed your post. See my post above to Stew. I think it answers your post also. And I agree with you on the FO part.

yeah man, it everything will be ok. We can expect things to change right away but we are going in the righ directions. at least we made it to the playoffs. how many teams in the nfl wished they could have made the playoff last year?

i think this year we could have made it to the superbowl. We fought hard against green bay at their own back yard and almost won the game. we should won those two games agaisnt the giants but we blew up a big lead and lost the game. we lost another close game in dallas. in Seatle we should have won that game. The seahawks could not move the ball agaisnt us. the two picks cost of us the game. We should have won the tampa bay game. we did not let them score in the second half of the game. but we could not score either.

So we are moving in the right direction. If we pick the right players at the draft, we are going to become a great team. i think We are two years away from reaching the Conference championship.

shoulda, woulda, coulda doesn't bring home Lombardis.

Like I said in the thread that you razzed me for. No hard feelings. I for one thought that you'd see where I was coming from after the 06 season when we had endless threads on Jesse Lumsden. :silly::cheers: It's definately the offseason.

yeah, but i felt bad after blasting the Lumsden fan club for all those threads... all those threads, so i tried to defend that side of the tracks for once.... cant do it. You were right, and these mind numbing threads are insanity, not Sparta, insanity. So i had to admit it, pwned by Pjfootballer i have been. ;)

A lot of these threads are just passing thoughts that the OP wanted everyone to know, instead of it getting swallowed up in good conversation in successful threads. Not all thoughts should be threads is right.

With all that said, i like Chris Wilson from the CFL, he really came on strong at the end of the season. :D he got nowhere near the acclaim and the spontanious man crush threads that Lumsden did, and Ol Lummer couldnt even crack the practice squad. heaven forbid he comes back for training camp.

yeah, but i felt bad after blasting the Lumsden fan club for all those threads... all those threads, so i tried to defend that side of the tracks for once.... cant do it. You were right, and these mind numbing threads are insanity, not Sparta, insanity. So i had to admit it, pwned by Pjfootballer i have been. ;)

A lot of these threads are just passing thoughts that the OP wanted everyone to know, instead of it getting swallowed up in good conversation in successful threads. Not all thoughts should be threads is right.

With all that said, i like Chris Wilson from the CFL, he really came on strong at the end of the season. :D he got nowhere near the acclaim and the spontanious man crush threads that Lumsden did, and Ol Lummer couldnt even crack the practice squad. heaven forbid he comes back for training camp.

You weren't pwned by me. Predicting garbage threads is like knowing Roy Williams will get burnt for a dozen TD's a year. And I think because Wilson isn't Canadien, he didn't get the accolades. Lumsden was a true Maple Leaf.

You weren't pwned by me. Predicting garbage threads is like knowing Roy Williams will get burnt for a dozen TD's a year. And I think because Wilson isn't Canadien, he didn't get the accolades. Lumsden was a true Maple Leaf.

Good call. It was my hope that with Golston, Monty, and Wilson all being good overachieving, young guys, would lessen the need for a D-lineman in the first round. Thouhg, if we do get a good D-lineman in the draft, it at the very least bolsters our depth.

I think most people on actually are calm and enjoying the new direction. You can't please everyone, so there will inevitably be some people voicing criticisms, but even they are doing so in a relatively calm manner. Over all, since the Zorn hiring, this place has gained some measure of sanity

Archived