Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrick Frost out? Who will be new punter?

adamyesme1111

I could be wrong. But didnt we tender him an offer, before the start of free agency? Which makes him a restricted free agent? I could be wrong, but I will look around..

Edit, yep found the link. Hes a restricted free agent. We have the right to match any offer for him.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25049

"The Washington Redskins announce today that they have tendered a qualifying offer to restricted free agent punter Derrick Frost. The qualifying offer keeps Frost a restricted free agent and the Redskins would have the right to match any offer from another team."

You might want to check the date on that link it says March 2007 in the top right, its March 2008. Frost is a UFA. http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=33976 here is all our FA.

I'd like to see us bring in a young punter in the draft, somewhere in the 6th round or so.

Mike Dragosavich

North Dakota State University

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=74285

Perfect pick for us in the late rounds (+ I know the guy so I'm cheering for him).

Edit: I see now he has already been said. Still throwing my support though. For those talking about his speed, I should say that he had 51 receptions his senior year of high school and if I remember correctly, 17 touchdowns. So he could feel the "big" receiver role everyone keeps talking about. ;)

he was actually one of the top punters in the NFC last year just went under the radar because of his name

Yeah his name is awful...how could anyone ever get above the radar with the name Frost. :rolleyes: All those other star punters have better names. Maybe he should change it to Derrick Bragg. :rolleyes:

The one advantage Frost has is that he can also kick off and kick FG's in a pinch should Suisham get injured during a game. These days I think pretty much every punter you bring in needs to be able to do that.

frost won't get any offers?? thats what you guys think, he was actually one of the top punters in the NFC last year just went under the radar because of his name and because skins fans dont pay attention to the punter you guys only care about big time WR's like dan snyder, that is why our OL sucks

Frost was at the bottom of the NFL last season, THATS why he wont get any offers. So because we only care about big time WRs like Dan Snyder(I dont know any big time WR by that name), our OL is bad(im the GM???), and that relates to punting how?

Regardless, Frost is out because Frost was given an offer by the Redskins, but rejected it. Yes, hes that stupid. Maybe that explains his punting. I fully expect to see the skins(especially if they now have an extra compensatory pick) go after a punter in the draft. We need field position help, and after week 2, Frost isnt giving it.

frost won't get any offers?? thats what you guys think, he was actually one of the top punters in the NFC last year just went under the radar because of his name and because skins fans dont pay attention to the punter you guys only care about big time WR's like dan snyder, that is why our OL sucks

our offensive line is great when healthy somg young undrafted kid from maryland held straham to no sacks. when healthy the oline is one of the best:helmet:

A 6'6 punter? He'll need to thicken out and add about 10 pounds or so if he wants to lay the bone-crushing hits that derrick frost was renowned for. Frost might be the only punter ever to get a late hit penalty.

John Hall holds the record for most late hit calls on a kicker or punter.

Looking at Frost's stats from '07, he isn't at the top in statistical categories for punters, but his totals are all around the league average, meaning Frost is a servicable punter. I read in JLC blog detailing the Skins offseason possibilities, that Frost rejected the Skins offer, but the Skins had matching rights, and that in all likelihood Frost will be back, but that Danny Smith will want to bring someone else in to challenge Frost, perhaps a vet. We shall see, but Frost is still young, and right now he is at least average. We could do worse at punter, and considering the teams' other area of needs, a young guy who will put up an average performance as a punter isn't horrible.

Archived