Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrick Frost out? Who will be new punter?

adamyesme1111

frost won't get any offers?? thats what you guys think, he was actually one of the top punters in the NFC last year just went under the radar because of his name and because skins fans dont pay attention to the punter you guys only care about big time WR's like dan snyder, that is why our OL sucks

frost won't get any offers?? thats what you guys think, he was actually one of the top punters in the NFC last year just went under the radar because of his name and because skins fans dont pay attention to the punter you guys only care about big time WR's like dan snyder, that is why our OL sucks
I think you just covered six topics and didn't use one period at all.:laugh:

Who are 'you guys'?

Why do you think 'you guys' only want a receiver?

Are you insinuating that we should go after Frost and give him a 'big time WR' sized contract?

Sheesh kid. :shakingheadruefully:

Sorry Derrick, didn't mean to offend you.

I could be wrong. But didnt we tender him an offer, before the start of free agency? Which makes him a restricted free agent? I could be wrong, but I will look around..

Edit, yep found the link. Hes a restricted free agent. We have the right to match any offer for him.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25049

"The Washington Redskins announce today that they have tendered a qualifying offer to restricted free agent punter Derrick Frost. The qualifying offer keeps Frost a restricted free agent and the Redskins would have the right to match any offer from another team."

I could be wrong. But didnt we tender him an offer, before the start of free agency? Which makes him a restricted free agent? I could be wrong, but I will look around..

Edit, yep found the link. Hes a restricted free agent. We have the right to match any offer for him.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25049

"The Washington Redskins announce today that they have tendered a qualifying offer to restricted free agent punter Derrick Frost. The qualifying offer keeps Frost a restricted free agent and the Redskins would have the right to match any offer from another team."

Thanks for the link and news to me.;)

frost won't get any offers?? thats what you guys think, he was actually one of the top punters in the NFC last year

Top punters you say? Top 5?...nah I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and go top 10.

He actually landed 11 out of 20 in the NFC last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0015&statisticCategory=PUNTING&season=2007&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Find

I personally thought he did better than that so I thought you might have a point. Thanks for making me check the stats.

For the entire NFL, he's in the middle of the pack. Not bad but certainly not the best of the best.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=PUNTING&season=2007&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Find

I wouldn't be disappointed if we kept Frost but I think we should entertain some 'competent' competition.

How did you go from all the fans want is a "big time receiver" to our "thats why our Oline sucks". Actually when healthy our Oline is one of the best in the league. Granted we need to add some younger guys for depth, then they can eventually take over for our starters in a few years, but there is noway our Oline sucks.As far as Frost is concerned he's middle of the pack at best he only averaged 41 yards per punt and 36.4 net yards per punt. Thats not bad, but nothing to drool over. Frost will be back once he realizes noone else is interested.

Archived