Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent Possibilities

asknoquarter

Since we have a different plan for Free Agency this year we probably won't be signing the BIG guys, so then who should we be looking at....

DE:

Justin Smith (Probably get big money in SF)

Antwan Odom (26 years old)

Travis LaBoy (26 years old)

Bobby McCray (26 years old)

Jevon Kearse (Old)

DT:

Rod Coleman (31 yrs old)

Grady Jackson (35yrs old)

Randy Starks (24 yrs old)

Anthony McFarland (Failed Physical)

Darwin Walker (no good)

Corner:

Randall Gay (26 yrs. old)

Andre Dyson (not many people are talking about)

Fernando Bryant (Lions Released him)

Travis Fisher (again Lions)

Brian Kelly (Cover 2 Corner)

Drayton Florence (might go to lions)

Jacques "burnt" Reeves (Could learn to cover)

O-Line:

Larry Allen

Jake Scott

Damien Woody

Jacob Bell

Kwamie Harris

George Foster

Max Starks

WR:

Donte Stallworth

D.J. Hackett

Bryant Johnson

Ernest Wilford

Devery Henderson

Drew Carter

Jabar Gaffney

I think there are a few players who could actually help us next year.

CB- Gay or Florence

WR- Hackett or Johnson

Oline- Harris or Scott

DT- No thanks, Draft

DE- Odom or McCray or LaBoy

I think One player at each of those positions could allow us to pick BPA in the Draft.

Here's to a GREAT off-season!!!!

If we could get Robertson from the Jets for a 3rd this year and a 4th round pick next year and redo his contract that'd be the way to go. He would be excellent in a 4-3 DF. He has played in the Jet's 3-4 and isn't a fit. He is durable as he has played in 61 games for the Jets in 4 years.

I would like us to keep Caldwell and maybe sign Hackett or Johnson as a #4. Maybe Florence. But the FA pool this year is shallow and a lot of average players will be very overpaid due to the large capspace.

In a nutshell, the skins will be quiet other than keeping players in house and drafting (hopefully)

I don't know...

I may be alone with this but Jevon Kearse would be a nice acquistion. A quality DE and a nice compliment to Andre Carter. Look at it this way, we could get him for moderatley a cheap contract given the performance in Philly. Now one or two things could happen he could return to his former glory. No pressure of having to be "THE" guy on defense but a role player within the system. Or he could be just barely respectable but it wouldn't exactly hurt the defense any, given that we do have a rather talented Defense before him! So if it turns out bad we could just release him, with little loss.

This would also help us focus in on picking up a WR in the draft or maybe a CB (although I think Carlos will be ok by the time the season starts). My picks for WR? Hardy or Monk!!! you can't go wrong with either. The contract wouldn't be too huge of a hit...he's a rookie!!!

What you guys think?? I'd rather have an established CB from free agency rather than make a pick in the draft at this moment. No one is jumping out at me except for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie!!!

but he's not gonna last long...

Since we have a different plan for Free Agency this year we probably won't be signing the BIG guys, so then who should we be looking at....

DE:

Jevon Kearse (Old)

DT:

Rod Coleman (31 yrs old)

Randy Starks (24 yrs old)

Darwin Walker (no good)

Corner:

O-Line:

Larry Allen

Jake Scott

Damien Woody

Jacob Bell

Kwamie Harris

George Foster

Max Starks

WR:

Donte Stallworth

D.J. Hackett

Bryant Johnson

Ernest Wilford

Devery Henderson

Drew Carter

Jabar Gaffney

I think there are a few players who could actually help us next year.

CB- Gay or Florence

WR- Hackett or Johnson

Oline- Harris or Scott

DT- No thanks, Draft

DE- Odom or McCray or LaBoy

I think One player at each of those positions could allow us to pick BPA in the Draft.

Here's to a GREAT off-season!!!!

To be honest, the only ones I even remotely like are Rod Coleman and Ernest Wilford. But, I not really crazy about either one. I agree with the above post though I do like Dwayne Robertson, he really it a nose tackle and he might excel in the right defense. Oh, and one more thing I really hate the rest of these scrub recievers everybody says we should pick up( e.i. Johnson, Hackett, or Henderson) another mediocre reciever is the last thing we need.:doh:

Noticed you didn't mention any LB's. This is one position I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a signing for depth purposes.

What about Landon Johnson? He played strongside LB for the Bengals and led the team in tackles 3 out of the last 4 years.

Also, I'd love for us to look at Roosevelt Colvin. If he's healthy enough to play, and we could sign him to a incentive-laden contract, I think he could be a good pick-up. Like Fletcher with GW last year, Colvin is a guy that knows and has had success in Blache's system.

Another guy I think we should consider is Chris Carr, DB from the Raiders. He can play DB or safety, but more importantly he's an excellent kickoff and punt returner. He's only 24 as well.

The Raiders gave him a low tender. I'm not sure if that means we would have to give something up to sign him?

I don't know...

I may be alone with this but Jevon Kearse would be a nice acquistion. A quality DE and a nice compliment to Andre Carter. Look at it this way, we could get him for moderatley a cheap contract given the performance in Philly. Now one or two things could happen he could return to his former glory. No pressure of having to be "THE" guy on defense but a role player within the system. Or he could be just barely respectable but it wouldn't exactly hurt the defense any, given that we do have a rather talented Defense before him! So if it turns out bad we could just release him, with little loss.

This would also help us focus in on picking up a WR in the draft or maybe a CB (although I think Carlos will be ok by the time the season starts). My picks for WR? Hardy or Monk!!! you can't go wrong with either. The contract wouldn't be too huge of a hit...he's a rookie!!!

What you guys think?? I'd rather have an established CB from free agency rather than make a pick in the draft at this moment. No one is jumping out at me except for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie!!!

but he's not gonna last long...

I like your thinking, but no way we pick up Kearse. We don't need to overpay for another underperforming vet.

Time and again, it has been shown the needs of the team should be handled via draft rather than expensive FA. The only DE I would sign if I were Snyderrato is Justin Smith. But we don't have the cap space for a move like this.

Both the dl and wr position are remarkably deep in this year's draft. We need to address these needs in the draft.

I dunno about Odom or LaBoy, Titans don't seem to be trying hard to keep them. No way they would let Starks go. He has been getting better and is young. What a strange night. I stayed up till 3 am.CST, and all I got was TC ?

:rubeyes:

What the hell, Starks got a 5 year/20 million, that is insane. The Big Tuna is losing it! People on the Titans board are cracking up.:doh1:

DE:

Jevon Kearse (Old)

DT:

Rod Coleman (31 yrs old)

Darwin Walker (no good)

Corner:

O-Line:

Larry Allen

Jake Scott

Damien Woody

Jacob Bell

Kwamie Harris

George Foster

Max Starks

WR:

Donte Stallworth

D.J. Hackett

Bryant Johnson

Devery Henderson

Drew Carter

Jabar Gaffney

Updated as of March 1 ~ 1 pm

I like Hackett, Kearse and Florence for reasonable contracts.

Has Woody signed? I think he would be nice as a second-level FA. He plays C and G. We need a solid backup to Rabach...

DE:

Antwan Odom (26 years old)Yes

Travis LaBoy (26 years old)Yes

Bobby McCray (26 years old)Yes

Jevon Kearse (Old)Maybe

DT:

Rod Coleman (31 yrs old)Maybe

Grady Jackson (35yrs old)No

Randy Starks (24 yrs old)Yes

Anthony McFarland (Failed Physical)No

Darwin Walker (no good)No

Corner:

Randall Gay (26 yrs. old)No

Andre Dyson (not many people are talking about)Maybe

Fernando Bryant (Lions Released him)No

Travis Fisher (again Lions)No

Brian Kelly (Cover 2 Corner)No

Drayton Florence (might go to lions)Yes

Jacques "burnt" Reeves (Could learn to cover)No

O-Line:

Larry Allen-No

Jake Scott-Yes

Damien Woody-Maybe

Jacob Bell-Maybe

Kwamie Harris-No

George Foster-No

Max Starks-Yes

WR:

Donte Stallworth-No

D.J. Hackett-Yes

Bryant Johnson-Yes

Devery Henderson-Yes

Drew Carter-Yes

Jabar Gaffney-Yes

I put Yes for guys I would like to see us at the very least take a look at or work out. Maybe is for guys who don't excite me, but could be worth a look and I think No is self explanitory.

I would like us to keep Caldwell and maybe sign Hackett or Johnson as a #4. Maybe Florence. But the FA pool this year is shallow and a lot of average players will be very overpaid due to the large capspace.

In a nutshell, the skins will be quiet other than keeping players in house and drafting (hopefully)

A lot of mediocre players are going to get overpaid, and a lot of mediocre players are going to get underpaid. Its basically a function of when the guy is signed relative to the start of free agency and when he was released. So if we wait long enough to fill out needs and some of these players are out there, their price tags will start to drop significantly.

Cornerback -Gay WR Johnson or Hackett but only if the price is right. I would think the only big surprise Or shock is that we only sign one free agent player and that would be Randy Moss (sounds like a good thread with alot of bashing and such)..........but can he be a team player two years in a row?? I would think that would be wishfull thinking. Just my two cents.

Archived