Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Doss option at SS?

wordikin

reed is one of my favorite players, i would be seriously bummed if he is not starting in 08.

I think even if we do bring someone in it will just be to kinda light a fire under his ass and maybe have a little better back up in case he doesn't continue playing well. I think unless he seriously blows at training camp and everything he'll be the starter.

if strong safety and the gap between Reed Doughty and the top performers at the position is a real strong issue for you then you must have MUCH more confidence than I do right now in the depth at other more critical areas on the roster such as depth on the OL and DL as well as CB :)

I am amazed that on this board the safety position carries so much focus and attention as a 'key' to success.

The club as constituted has a top 10 pick in Laron Landry slated to start at free safety and another young player in Doughty set to step up and make a greater contribution over 16 games in 2008.

Doughty comes up in run support and is a solid tackler. He appears to be smart and coachable. He has enough quickness to play vs the pass in the short and intermediate zones.

Mike Doss is NOT an upgrade in my mind over what we have. Doss didn't cut the mustard in Indy with Tony Dungy despite being a #2 draft choice. He has been in and out of the lineup and is a guy that goes what 190?

I'd rather see the skins draft keeny phillips' date=' I've heard he may slip to the 2nd round around where the redskins pick.[/quote']

That would be a sweet deal. But we need to go WR in the 2nd round.

1)Vernon Gholston (IF he falls to us, he was AMAZING at the combine)

2) Sweed or Kelly

Michael Huff? Yea I say we get Michael Huff and then keep Reed for depth purposes I mean think about this. LARON LANDRY REED DOUGHTY AND MICHAEL HUFF. And that doesnt include the CBs on the roster. Maybe all three of them together could have the impact on this team that SEAN TAYLOR did.

Doughty comes up in run support and is a solid tackler. He appears to be smart and coachable. He has enough quickness to play vs the pass in the short and intermediate zones.
doughty doesnt make open field tackles consistantly and isnt quick enough to play man coverage (average level of play)
Mike Doss is NOT an upgrade in my mind over what we have. Doss didn't cut the mustard in Indy with Tony Dungy despite being a #2 draft choice. He has been in and out of the lineup and is a guy that goes what 190?
Doss still has more experience / talent for the SS position (who else do we have?!?)

We do need depth at saftety. I'm not sold on Fox, Prioleau or Stoudtmire. Would Doss be serviceable as a backup? I don't want to trade away any picks this year or next for someone who isn't likely to start. Who else has been cut ...or who is likely to be cut? That's where I'd look. Or, do we look to the draft (5th or 6th round)? Imagine if Landry get injured? We'd be toast with what we have. We need depth with speed.

Zorn-Again Redskin

Reed is doing a find job. Don't have him looking over his shoulders.

Their is a huge difference between place holder and an impact player

Reed is solid but I would prefer better than solid

Mike Huff is a much better player and he makes more plays than Doughty.

Doughty is quality depth...

No, I am sick of injured players all the time. Give me a guy that can stay healthy and play when called upon.

Does this mean that you are sick of Moss, Jansen, Thomas, ARE, Carlos, or J.C all of who missed time because of injury last year? (not a callout, just curious)

This is a physical game. Finding a player who has not missed time because of injury SOMETIME or another is pretty hard if you're looking league wide.

Players like Favre, P. Manning, and Brady (injury wise) are harder to find.

my :2cents: of course

not saying that I want Doss; just saying that I'm not ready to rule a player out totally just because of their injury history (I'm sure there might be a FEW exceptions but none come to mind right now)

Archived