Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do Not Sleep on Alexander

downbeat87

Lorenzo Alexander busted his balls for us last year and deserves a bit more mention when it comes to our line depth issues. If he goes to just o-line next year... we have a bit more depth than people might think. Him along with drafting Albert in the first round should and would wrap up our Oline situation.

no faneca or signings. him and albert = a lot more than enough talent for the buges and a lot more depth for the team.

HTTR!!!

I like Alexander alot but if you go back in watch the games where he did play he was very raw and unimpressive at the point. He was struggling has a tackle eligible in short yardage againest De's. He also seemed smallish, in my honest opinion i think he has a very hard time making this team has a FT guard.

I gained all kind of respect when he kept trucking without his helmet in the Titans game.

Outside of his heart though, dude is a solid contributer. All he does is take advantage of the opportunity given and as a result, he succeeds. We should defintely give him more PT and allow him to earn his spot on the starting line.

I really think we should keep Alexander flexible and continue to use him on both sides of the ball for now. We need to get back to using our players to there special skills which we got away from with saunders. I agree we need to draft a lineman but lets not limit Alexander just yet.

The man has heart. But he is definitely a work in progress. I agree we definitely keep him around, but we need a solid OG and someone who can backup or emerge as the center of the future while providing depth now. Projects are great when you think the future,as in 2 or 3 years, but we need OL help now.

Albert or Chilo for OG, and then with the next pick, get Steve Justice of Wake Forest for Center. Justice can move to guard in an emergency and he's not projected to go until the third round, even though he appears to be the most complete center in the draft.

Drafting two OL is a youth movement and a commitment to an improved offense. Drafting one OL is too little. Drafting OL past the 4th round is too late.

Alexander is not going to make it as a guard. Bugel hinted as much, when he said Alexander doesn't have any ballast. Bugel likes wide-bodies with big butts, who can drive block.

Alexander is not that big for a guard.

Alexander could make it as a 300 lb. blocking TE, which is big for that position, but small for a guard. But going to a west coast offense, I dont know if they will use him for that anymore.

Archived