Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since when does trash talker=team cancer???

IrepDC

]']I wonder who gave that Rookie QB a consistent target to throw it too in his early years. I wonder who developed a competitive bond with said QB to brew success. I wonder how a Pro Bowl WR still only faced Single Coverage' date=' even after tipping 100 Receptions.[/quote']

And I wonder who is being a B*&^% about having a Pro Bowl QB who he "developed" a bond with throwing to him and also wants off a team with a Pro Bowl WR across from him.

If he isn't happy on a team with an all star O around him, I wonder how his new team is going to appeal to him.

Or maybe he is just mad about the D....maybe he should go to the Ravens..they have a pretty good D.. he doesn't care about the O obviously.

Football is an emotional sport. Guys are going to argue. Some players are very passionate and yell from time to time. He's taken more pressure OFF Palmer than he's put on him. And as far as walking away from Lewis, maybe walking away was the better thing to do rather than argue with coach. They were obviously both upset with what was happening.

Not to mention, anybody who actually watches the NFL knows that CJ and Palmer have an extremely critical relationship. Half of the segments of "Sounds of the Game," include CJ or Palmer telling the other how to fix their game.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but those two developing that kind of relationship kind of led to both of them putting up excellent numbers.

Chad Johnson lives in the stadium during the year so he can be at the field to practice on his own at any time of day.

How awful. He has a great work ethic. What a jackass.

This board is so fickle it's impossible to take a lot of folks here seriously when it comes to any real knowledge of the game.

for example....

We don't want Randy Moss. He's a cancer.

He cost the Pats a 4th round pick and set the TD receptions record this year.

We don't want TO. He's a cancer. He'll rip Dallas apart.

He only led the league in receiving TDs his first year there, was 5th in receiving yards and 3rd in TDs this year, has caught roughly 170 balls and 32 TDs in 2 seasons. Still waiting on him to tear the locker room apart.

Actually, still waiting for him to be negative in any way.

Looks like all TO needed was to be paid like the superstar he is rather than jerked around.

So, the fact that a great many on this site say CJ is a cancer is a very good indication he's NOT.

~Bang

So the people who don't want us to waste money on players that are only coming here for the money, and would rather see our team draft the next Chad Johnson than trade for him when he's over 30 years old aren't included in this? Were still good? Awesome.

I said that this thread wasn't about getting CJ or any specific player in the OP. I just used him as an example. So yeah, you're good! Awesome!

And I wonder who is being a B*&^% about having a Pro Bowl QB who he "developed" a bond with throwing to him and also wants off a team with a Pro Bowl WR across from him.

If he isn't happy on a team with an all star O around him, I wonder how his new team is going to appeal to him.

Or maybe he is just mad about the D....maybe he should go to the Ravens..they have a pretty good D.. he doesn't care about the O obviously.

How is he being a ***** about being responsible for the maturation of both of his team mates? He hasn't criticized them at all.

Have you seen the Bengals play? Their problem isn't their offense. Their offense has plenty of Pro Bowl players.

Watch their defense. Or the 11 collective guys they call their Defense. Its pathetic, really. Washington doesn't have that kind of defense. It does, however, have the kind of offense that Cincy did pre-Ocho Cinco.

Imagine Cincy's offense plus our defense. Thats why Ocho Cinco would be a good fit here.

Chad Johnson lives in the stadium during the year so he can be at the field to practice on his own at any time of day.

This board is so fickle it's impossible to take a lot of folks here seriously when it comes to any real knowledge of the game.

for example....

He cost the Pats a 4th round pick and set the TD receptions record this year.

He only led the league in receiving TDs his first year there, was 5th in receiving yards and 3rd in TDs this year, has caught roughly 170 balls and 32 TDs in 2 seasons. Still waiting on him to tear the locker room apart.

Looks like all TO needed was to be paid like the superstar he is rather than jerked around.

So, the fact that a great many on this site say CJ is a cancer is a very good indication he's NOT.

~Bang

100% right!!

:applause: hit the nail on the head..

This is FOOTBALL, you cant expect every player to be a church going choir boy.. im sorry, but its sickening.

Chad Johnson lives in the stadium during the year so he can be at the field to practiceo n his own at any time of day.

for example....

he cost the Pats a 4th round pick and set the TD receptions record this year.

~Bang

Yes but look at the teams they went too.

Moss to NE with Brady throwing to him and Welker and Stallworth around him. Moss didn't want to go anywhere but NE and he finally got on a winning team.

T.O. Almost the same deal. He instatly after their SB season developed a hatred with McNabb and the Eagles talking out of the locker room. So he gets picked up by Dallas, a team that has been on the winning side of the ball with him. So he's happy.

I say look at the pattern. Moss and T.O. both went to teams that had success as soon as they arrived. NE and the 'Boys both went into the playoffs and showed season dominance. Both WR's were happy that they were finally on winning teams and successfull ones at that.

Now lets say CJ goes to the 'Skins and they have a so so season 7-9/8-8/9-7. Would he be "happy" that he got off the horrible Cinci team? Or would he start raising the same s*&^ again. "Oh I'm old, I need to get on a winning team that will get me a ring" "Wha wha wha wha wha!"

as you notice, every pro bowl QB in this league has their "go to" guy..

our QB doesnt have that...

How about the tight end we sent to Hawaii? You know, guy who led the team in receptions last 3 years. Wore some tight ass shorts. What's his name again ...

Yes but look at the teams they went too.

Moss to NE with Brady throwing to him and Welker and Stallworth around him. Moss didn't want to go anywhere but NE and he finally got on a winning team.

T.O. Almost the same deal. He instatly after their SB season developed a hatred with McNabb and the Eagles talking out of the locker room. So he gets picked up by Dallas, a team that has been on the winning side of the ball with him. So he's happy.

I say look at the pattern. Moss and T.O. both went to teams that had success as soon as they arrived. NE and the 'Boys both went into the playoffs and showed season dominance. Both WR's were happy that they were finally on winning teams and successfull ones at that.

Now lets say CJ goes to the 'Skins and they have a so so season 7-9/8-8/9-7. Would he be "happy" that he got off the horrible Cinci team? Or would he start raising the same s*&^ again. "Oh I'm old, I need to get on a winning team that will get me a ring" "Wha wha wha wha wha!"

you cant say that, and the facts are with the way the league is now anyone can be a contender so that doesnt really make sense.

If that was the case EVERY WR would do that but they dont.. So really, your point is weak. You are just speculating on what ifs and could be scenarios.

and moss didnt say he only wanted to go to NE but he would only go to NE and take a pay cut cus he knew his chances of getting a SB ring.

Not every veteran WR can just say im old, i wanna go to a winning team ( ie: the pats, or INdy) because those teams may not always need that WR

that's not a TEAM cancer, he didnt fight any of his team mates did he? and it was a WR coach, and you dont know the whole story.

fact is, his teammates love him.

LOL I know more about the story being in Cincy...His teammates love him? Really? Is that why he publicly said only TJ and Carson has his back and EVERYONE else has remained quiet about him?

and im guessing alot of you hating on c.j have never competed in competitive sports have you? im not talking about recreational ball but im talking about when you lay your emotions and your body on the line for the game.. and then you have a WR coach trying to talk **** to you or whatever and you are on of the best WR in the game?? please, this is football, and these are grown men.

you cant say that, and the facts are with the way the league is now anyone can be a contender so that doesnt really make sense.

If that was the case EVERY WR would do that but they dont.. So really, your point is weak. You are just speculating on what ifs and could be scenarios.

Really?

You don't think CJ is sitting there and thinking "Man if Moss could go to NE and get that close to a ring..why can't I" He want's a ring and want's to get on a team that will take him there.

CJ was scraming about how he was always going to be a Bengal and how he was going to be the face of the franchise, has now done a 180 and wants out....

Yeah really devoted guy there.

that's not a TEAM cancer, he didnt fight any of his team mates did he? and it was a WR coach, and you dont know the whole story.

fact is, his teammates love him.

a) when a team is successful, it is because every single member of the organization takes ownership of the final product. this includes pr guys, cheerleaders, scouts - you name it.

it MOST CERTAINLY includes a COACH. how is trying to fight a coach not being a TEAM cancer? does that not cast a coach - i.e. a guy trying to direct the team and hold the locker room together - in a negative light? if chad johnson were to fight a coach and this led to his other teammates disprespecting their leader, how is that not tearing a team apart?

B) if the poster above you doesnt know the whole story about the alleged fight, how can you post such speculation about chad johnson's teammates?

an opinion for an opinion.

and im guessing alot of you hating on c.j have never competed in competitive sports have you? im not talking about recreational ball but im talking about when you lay your emotions and your body on the line for the game.. and then you have a WR coach trying to talk **** to you or whatever and you are on of the best WR in the game?? please, this is football, and these are grown men.

youre right - i have never been the very best in the game and had my coach talking ****.

but i have been on different playing fields competing my heart out and when a coach has yelled at me i took it like a good teammate is supposed to. i listened and tried to improve. was i pissed sometimes at it? of course. but you have to channel that energy onto the field. anything else is unnacceptable.

B) if the poster above you doesnt know the whole story about the alleged fight, how can you post such speculation about chad johnson's teammates?

Just for DirtySkin21 but using the quote for emphasis.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080131/SPT02/801310333/

Q: Who does have your back?

A: T.J. (Houshmandzadeh) has my back. Carson (Palmer). That's it. That's really it.

Sooner or later, my elder Skins fans, you are going to have to except the new generation of football players that are coming up. Yes, we talk a little more but we work just as hard and love the game just as much. The only reason it seems so bad is now, unlike 20 years ago, anytime a player says something there is a mic in his face and a reporter ready to amplify every statement.

Thoughts?

And you my friend, will one day be an "elder Skins fan" and will have similar feelings about something else.

But, I think you make a very good and interesting point. Trash talk doesn't bother me as much as the gyrations and dancing on the field after routine plays does. I've always found Chad Johnson's antics to be funny, creative, and on a certain level, fairly intellectual. I even thought TO was pretty creative until he went a little too far (Sharpie) and everyone else tried to one up each other. Like most things in life, if you give an inch, they'll take a mile (then screw it up for everyone).

Would I prefer everyone treat the game like Riggo, Monk, Barry Sanders, Ronnie Lott, and today, Marvin Harrison? Yeah, I would. But I understand there is a new generation. But don't get too comfortable with the style of your generation, because something else will take it's place soon enough (maybe even a reverting to Old School ways!).

Hail,

H

Really?

You don't think CJ is sitting there and thinking "Man if Moss could go to NE and get that close to a ring..why can't I" He want's a ring and want's to get on a team that will take him there.

CJ was scraming about how he was always going to be a Bengal and how he was going to be the face of the franchise, has now done a 180 and wants out....

Yeah really devoted guy there.

I'm sure his team was devoted to him when they drafted all those thugs and bums.

The only offense in this league that could have made up for the Bengals defense on a regular basis was NE.

a) when a team is successful, it is because every single member of the organization takes ownership of the final product. this includes pr guys, cheerleaders, scouts - you name it.

it MOST CERTAINLY includes a COACH. how is trying to fight a coach not being a TEAM cancer? does that not cast a coach - i.e. a guy trying to direct the team and hold the locker room together - in a negative light? if chad johnson were to fight a coach and this led to his other teammates disprespecting their leader, how is that not tearing a team apart?

an opinion for an opinion.

what make the WR coach any greater? is he allowed to say whatever he wants to a grown man? or whatever happend? How do you know that WR coach wasnt the team cancer? and he wsa the one causing the problem? A team cancer is someone like pacman jones or chris henry because they cause more problems then they are worth and aren't producing anything.

Just becuase Chad Johnson got into a arguement/fight with a WR coach he's a cancer?

No, im sorry.

Archived