Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DDN:Players' offseason is agents' prime time (M.E.T. & Merged)

apeters

this is why most reputable forums require a minimum post requirement before someone can start a thread

Im guessing you're stabbing at this as NOT being a reputable forum?

Why do you come here if this forum isnt up to your standards? I think it's great any fan is allowed to start a thread as long as its relavent, and most of the time they learn quickly about what is right and wrong.

close...:D

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.

El Guapo: Many pinatas?

Jefe: Oh yes, many!

El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A *plethora*.

Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

what is this mess?

Original Poster is fine to start a new forum on this topic, IMO...

1) The old posts on CJ rumors occurred before the Bengals came out and said CJ wasn't going anywhere

2) He provides a current link dated today that the deal isn't exactly dead

3) If you put new information in an old thread, most people won't read it because they will figure it's just another BS post in response (much like just about every post responding to this thread).

The OP provided a link with new information... Everyone who posted after him (including me) posted garbage. Having the new information in it's own thread is valuable, given the circumstances.

People really need to stop getting on people's cases when they do threads like this . . . This is the first time that I have responded to it, but I can assure you that it is the 100th time that I have been disgusted by it . . . People do these stupid replies like "oh you are gonna get NNT" or "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!" . . . If you want to CONTRIBUTE to the thread, then do so. I really do agree with the poster who said that replies like that should not count towards your count . . .

It's sad when people get so much pleasure out of having higher numbers . . . and if you want to be an internet cop on a message board (wow, that must make you feel like men) then start your own message board . . .

Let the MODS deal with issues like this.

give the kid a break...he is new and maybe he doesn't know...if he does it again then slam him

Holy ****. Do you sleep? You're averaging around 50 posts a day in 5 months. I know ES is adictive, but damn.:silly:

Look, hammering the noobs is part of how they learn and gets rid of some of my frustrations from other threads. It's the natural cycle. I didn't know Pete was going to beat me to it.:D

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/bengals/2008/02/19/ddn022008audible.html

Click link for entire article

Players' offseason is agents' prime time

By Sean McClelland

Staff Writer

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It's almost free-agent season in the NFL, which means it's almost Drew Rosenhaus season.

The most recognizable player agent, the one who kept saying "next question" in Terrell Owens' driveway that one day, already is making news.

Rosenhaus represents Bengals receiver Chad Johnson, and he'll have you believe Johnson is destined for the Washington Redskins in a trade, although the Bengals have strongly denied this.

You can expect Rosenhaus to do whatever it takes, even if it means making himself more visible and obnoxious than ever.

Rosenhaus, who likes to think he inspired the movie "Jerry Maguire," is also the agent for Browns tight end Kellen Winslow, who is coming off his second outstanding season.

In a satellite radio interview at the Pro Bowl, Winslow said he and Rosenhaus are seeking a new contract even though the existing deal still has a couple of years remaining.

Winslow wants to be paid like a premier wide receiver, not a tight end. Never mind that the Browns stuck with him after his motorcycle accident and were generous.

Agents are like ornaments. They decorate the offseason. Sometimes they light up during the season, but this is really their time to shine.

How soon before Johnson and Winslow are doing sit-ups in their driveways?

Had the OP simply followed the Rules like Bubba did, there would not have been a concern.

. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement.

Archived