Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins WR's Too Short (MET)

jaydean

while we were in green bay, watching our redskins blow another game, my entire family was blown away by how small our receiving corp is.........i knew the guys weren't that big, but it shocked me when they were in a circle talking to each other before the game.......

let's get some height.....let's get some hands........maybe even draft someone who's like 6 foot 5? ha ha

Check this out.

randle.jpg

That's Randel El and Ladell Betts. The RB at 5'11" doesn't need to be any taller. Randel El is 2 inches taller than Wes Welker. Moss doesn't need to be taller because he mostly plays the deep ball. I agree with you that at least one taller receiver would be nice.

The Skins do need a tall WR. They won the their 1st Superbowl with short WR's. 1st can he play and if he has some height so be it. Steve Smith and Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harris for example aren't big WR's but they go out and dominate. The Skins need to concentrate on the trenches on both sides of the ball. Thats how consistent teams stay consistent up front.

Yes our receivers are small compared to the 6'5 campbell and the 6'6" Sellers. Come to think of it, they're small compared to me at 6'2".

The ability to get open and catch a pass is not a function of how tall they are, especially when the normal cornerback covering them is also 6'0" or less. Being taller does make it easier to throw higher when in the red zone. Assuming that a 6'6" WR can jump 8 inches higher than a 5'10" WR that gives the QB a whole extra 8 inches to try and get it to him.

The idea that it has been established on this board that the number one need is a tall receiver is still up for debate, however. A need, yes. Number one need is what is up for debate. I still go back to the Seattle game, seeing Moss at least 3 yards behind the defender, Collins trying to get him the ball as he is being manhandled by a Seattle linebacker. I have to repeat: it doesn't matter how wide open the receiver is, or how tall or how fast a receiver is, or how big a contract he has, or whether his number is 85, or if he has a mouth as big as TO, it only matters if the QB has time to throw him the ball. Based on the lack of a running game last year, the manhandling of our QB by any team with a decent DL, the inability to score on first and goal within the 5, the inability to move the chains on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, our biggest need is not a 6'5" WR, it's some youth, size and speed on the OL.

while we were in green bay, watching our redskins blow another game, my entire family was blown away by how small our receiving corp is.........i knew the guys weren't that big, but it shocked me when they were in a circle talking to each other before the game.......

let's get some height.....let's get some hands........maybe even draft someone who's like 6 foot 5? ha ha

NEWS FLASH!

Remember girls....we don't just need a "big" WR...we need a big "WR" that other teams have to gameplan against...thus opening up things for Tana' and Cooley....(and ARE)

Exactly. If that were the case, we'd just sign undrafted Basket Ball players, or just put Anthony Mix in at starting WR (which, for some reason, people truly believe will solve any and all Offensive Problems)

Archived